Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by SteamUser

You can find x4 tomatoes just before the beach right at the start where the orcs attacked - they're just on the corner of the cobbled area.

On this note: I cannot for the life of me find an anvil / furnace. Am I just missing something really obvious?

Also, metal / scale scraps? Can you make these? (Not found a file)

Those tomatoes are new to this build. Behind the locked house there is a furnace and anvil. Go up the stairs after the harbor and veer left past the fountain and behind that house you will find them. It seems that they have also cut back on the amount of loot you get because now most of the barrels/containers/crates are empty now. Or just bad roll on the random loot

veteran
veteran
This is neat: a magical "Hurtful Dagger" dropped, so I decided to try making an arrow shaft by combining it with a branch. I did NOT get an arrow shaft. The first time, I got a "Menaulion" spear, the second time I got an "Imp Spear".

EDIT: Wait, it was because it was a Dagger, not a Magical dagger. I found an ordinary dagger and got an Imp Spear as well. Looks like there's a difference when carving between dagger and knife.

Last edited by Stabbey; 20/01/14 01:08 AM. Reason: not the magic
stranger
stranger
I have a question about whetstones. Are they supposed to improve your weapon stats like in Skyrim or what? I tried dragging&dropping weapons on the one you can pickup (Warrior's tool), or the stationary one in Cyseal, nothing happens. Is my crafting skill too low or am I doing it wrong?

veteran
veteran
I think they are supposedto work like in Divine Divinity where you could sharpen/tune blade to increase stats.

Well, I hope so.

Kein #480001 24/01/14 07:26 PM
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
To use the pocket whetstone I needed to put 3 into craft.

EDIT: Also need 3 to use stationary whetstone.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 24/01/14 07:40 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey
This is neat: a magical "Hurtful Dagger" dropped, so I decided to try making an arrow shaft by combining it with a branch. I did NOT get an arrow shaft. The first time, I got a "Menaulion" spear, the second time I got an "Imp Spear".

EDIT: Wait, it was because it was a Dagger, not a Magical dagger. I found an ordinary dagger and got an Imp Spear as well. Looks like there's a difference when carving between dagger and knife.

Knife + branch = arrow shaft.
Dagger + branch = spear.
There is indeed a difference between daggers and knives when it comes to combinations.

Oh, and yes, most item combos require a certain crafting skill. In a future update, your hero will say either "that will never work" for combos that don't do anything ever, or "I can't do that yet" if his crafting level is not high enough. So that at least that is clear.

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ForkTong

Knife + branch = arrow shaft.
Dagger + branch = spear.
There is indeed a difference between daggers and knives when it comes to combinations.

Oh, and yes, most item combos require a certain crafting skill. In a future update, your hero will say either "that will never work" for combos that don't do anything ever, or "I can't do that yet" if his crafting level is not high enough. So that at least that is clear.

That's good to hear. Clear messages are helpful messages.

veteran
veteran
I'm confused about the whole process of improving leather armor by combining it with a mobile kitchen (and mail armor by combining it with an anvil). When you do it, the stats improve. Do it a few more times and the stats improve again. You can keep repeating this process and eventually it stops improving.

I find it odd that there appears to be no drawback to doing this. Thus, why wouldn't anyone just do it a few dozen times with the same piece of armor until they're sure they've maxed out the item's stats?

Also, why make players jump through those hoops to begin with? Without introducing a drawback or cost to this process it seems pointless not to give the player the best possible "buff" to the armor the first time they use an anvil or mobile kitchen to upgrade it.

I actually like the idea of having stages to these upgrades, and so my preference is that there be some kind of cost associated with each upgrade attempt.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I would hope that it would only go up if you had a higher craft level. So if you upgraded it at level 2 you can't upgrade again until 3.

veteran
veteran
The way it works right now is like this (using the warrior's starting tunic as an example)..

Starting stats: 4 armor, 5% crush, slash, and pierce resistance

If you combine it with the anvil enough times (even without leveling or changing your crafting skill level), eventually it becomes 5 armor, 10% crush, slash, and pierce resistance.

But you have to do it many times. Do it once and you'll get +5% to crush resistance. Do it a couple more times and you'll get +5% slash resistance. A few more times and you'll get +5% pierce resistance. A few more times and you'll get +1 to the armor.

Whether it improves beyond that with additional points in the crafting skill, I don't know. I just feel that whole setup is extremely odd; it keeps the player throwing the same tunic on the same anvil 20+ times trying to max it out.

veteran
veteran
IIRC in Divine Divinity every such improvement of the weapon/armor reduced durability.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Few very simple ones, but I didn't see them listed:

tomato + hammer= tomato sauce
tomato sauce + dough= pizza dough
pizza dough + oven= pizza (recipe in book next to drunk guards)

pillow + pocket knife= feathers

Lots of recipes found in a variety of books scattered around early in the game, too.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Thanks for the contribution although they were all listed on page one or two. This post was originated before the crafting books appeared in the game and we had to guess what worked. Still somethings that I'd like to know the uses of.

stranger
stranger
Appearently I'm too blind to see it but how does crafting work?

I read somewhere that it ist just to drag one item onto another but the only thing that happens is that these items change their inventory place. Is it just that I tried to combine the wrong items or am I missing sth.?

Thanks.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Some things require levels in crafting while others don't. If you have 0 in crafting then try pillow to knife.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 25/01/14 08:03 PM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
mushroom + empty potion flask = minor healing potion

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Yes the brown "friendly" one makes healing pot. The red and white one "unfriendly" is poison. The others I'm not sure about.

The friendly/unfriendly moniker comes from the book in game.

stranger
stranger
A list I have cobbled together and found - some of the potion recipes don't seem to be working and I still can't repair.
Armor:
improving leather armor by combining it with a mobile kitchen (and mail armor by combining it with an anvil). When you do it, the stats improve. Do it a few more times and the stats improve again. You can keep repeating this process and eventually it stops improving.
Cloth armor + leather scraps = leather armor (random)
Leather armor + metal scraps = metal armor (random)
Leather armor + scale scraps = scale armor (random)
Cooking pot + hammer = Battered cooking pot (can only be worn on head)
Needle and thread + 2xCloth scraps = Cloth armor
Pumpkin + knife = Pumpkin helmet
Log + knife = Wooden stake
Leather scraps + anvil = Cloth armor
Metal scraps + anvil = Metal armor
Leather Armor + Mobile kitchen = crushing resistance +5% (first time) slashing resistance +5% (second time) (Could be random)
Scale Armor + Anvil = crushing resistance and slashing resistance +5% (2-3 times to apply both)
Mail Armor + Anvil = crushing resistance, slashing resistance and piercing resistance +5% (4-5 times to apply all)

MISC:
Wool + wool = yarn
Yarn + yarn = rope
Log + axe = wood chips
Wood chips + water= wood mush
Mush of wood + furnace = Sheet of paper
Feather + knife = quill
Mortar and pestle + bones of any kind = Pouch (of crushed bones?)
Animal hide + knife = Leather scraps
Pillow + knife = Feather
Feather + knife = Quill
Quill + Ink pot = Ink pot and quill
Ore of any kind + furnace = metal bar of any kind
Jar + Beehive = Jar with honey
washboard + washing tub = washing tube with a washboard (can sell - haven't figured anything else to do with it - can't clean)

Weapons:
To use the pocket whetstone/stationary whetstone need 3 in craft (repair?).
knife + wood branch = arrow shaft
Sinew + Sinew = bow string
Bow string + branch = bow
Poison + arrow head = poison arrow head
Branch + knife = Arrow shaft
Tooth + knife = Arrowhead
Antlers + knife = knockdown arrow head
Arrow shaft + any arrow head = Arrow of any kind
Branch + Nine inch nails = Branch with nails
Branch + Branch = Quarterstaff (varies)
Update: iron bar + furnace = steel bar
Steel bar + anvil = weapon
Iron bar + iron bar = large iron bar
Large iron bar + anvil = 2 handed axe weapon
Large iron bar + furnace = large steel bar
Large steel bar + anvil = weapon
Butter Knife + anvil = long dagger or rapier (gets better with lvl increase)
Dagger + branch = spear.

Food
Mortar and pestle + Grain = Flour
Empty cup + Orange = Orange juice
Empty cup + apple = apple juice
Empty cup + water = cup of water
cup of water + flour = Dough
Bucket + well = Bucket with water
Bucket with water + flour = Dough
Cooking pot + campfire = Mobile kitchen (bug - shows as a ? sometimes in inventory sometimes outside inventory you can't throw it away or set it up)
Fish or Raw Meat + Mobile kitchen = Dinner
Pumpkin + Mobile kitchen = Pumpkin soup

S
S
**BUMP**

People spamming stuff, this thread is useful.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm really shamed to ask this but how do you combine stuff :)) .. for example how do you combine an empty cup with an orange or how do you combine an empty potion with a mushroom with an empty potion flask to make a minor healing potion.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard