Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#480789 31/01/14 06:33 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hi!

As promised, here's a bit of a hefty update with so many changes and fixes that it's hard to summarize. Expect stability fixes, win32 fix, savegame fixes, stat and ability changes, requirement changes, balancing fixes, treasure fixes, and lots of other new stuff.

Here's a full list and also be sure to check out our Kickstarter update, which explains these things in a bit of a more prosaic manner and videos.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/734581

- Fixed startup problems for 32bit operating systems
- Performance improvements in general
- A lot of minor stablity fixes
- Added Network connectivity UI
- Added Network connectivity state and UI to minimap
- Added multiplayer options to main menu
- Added camera interpolation during dialogs
- Speakers in dialogs will correctly face the player now
- Burning/poison will do more than 1 damage now
- Greatly reduced memory usage of the gameclient
- Gold will correctly stack now
- Changed generation algorithm for treasure
- Fixed wrong assignments in dialogs
- Added more information to tooltips
- Fixed overwrite of savegames
- Removed door icons from worldmap
- Worldmap will zoom out more now
- Disabled quicksave for clients joining a MP game
- Characters can sit on chairs and sleep in beds now
- Party characters will auto-join combat in a smaller distance now
- Closing and opening of dialog UI is better handled now
- Disabled camera movement when a dialog is active
- Added more information to skillbook tooltips
- Fixed AP use count when stances were enabled
- Fixed pressure plates
- Fixed serious savegame problems
- Added intelligence modifier to AP cost
- Fixed tornado effect
- Fixed save button sometimes not working
- Fixed weapon visuals after ressurect
- Fixed crash when loading while standing in a surface
- Fixed electrified water visual
- Added feedback when crafting fails
- Item hits reduce weapon durability
- Save/load now works during dialogs
- Fixed crash concerning overhead texts
- Fixed charm skill
- Added BlackRock resistance
- Changed Armor and Shield abilities
- Added sounds to projectiles
- Fixed crash when deleting particles
- Fixed issues when saving statusses on characters
- Fixed crash during item pickup
- Character will not rotate while picking up items
- Improved forking of projectiles
- Fixed multiple music tracks playing at the same time
- Fixed scale problem for high DPI screen settings
- Camera can be scrolled now when the mouse if over a UI element
- Fixed ownership problems for companions
- Terrain performance enhancement by greatly reducing polygon count in flat areas
- Balancing weapons, armor, items, gold, treasure, damage, armor rating...
- Way of the warrior and way of the ranger give advantages per point
- New skills
- Balancing skills
- Fixed names and descriptions for weapons and other items
- Item combo fixes
- New character presets and starting equipment and starting skills
- Requirements are now STR, DEX and INT based
- Skillbook requirements are on elemental specialization
- Extra visuals for dagger type weapons
- Extra visuals for armor
- Added some herbs and chests to Cyseal
- Fixed weapon boosts that were not working
- Fixed some combat balancing and scripts
- Killing summons and party members doesn't give XP
- Lots of small changes (like ice elementals cannot slip on ice, you cannot freeze a fire elemental)
- Skills now level up for a while as long as you have points in INT and Specializations, but you'll need to find or buy skillbooks to keep your spellbook up to date
- Arhu sometimes turns into a cat
- Dialog fixes
- Fixed traps
- Questlog fixes
- Staircase fixes
- Boatfire fix
- Watcher statues dialog fix
- Prison guard drops key now
- Rats will not block quests anymore
- Teleporting NPCs can now trigger combat
- Egleandaer quest fixes
- Fixed stealing issues
- Changed title for skill tree

Enjoy and see you next update!

Tweeting @forktong
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Update 1.0.114:
Branch + Branch = Staff (random) Can still be made with only 1 branch.

apprentice
apprentice
Unfortunately the 32bit Problem isnt solved AT last with my system. What a pitty

K
stranger
stranger
K
can anyone join in co-op? my friend and i have "join game" in steam grayed out after this patch

C
stranger
stranger
C
-Way of the warrior and way of the ranger give advantages per point

I assume this means Sourcery still doesn't do anything?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Kirin
can anyone join in co-op? my friend and i have "join game" in steam grayed out after this patch

Having the same problem with my friend. Unable to join him or invite him and vice versa.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Have you clicked the diamond above the minimap? Mine is red so NOBODY can join. There is everyone, invite only and friend only options as well.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I am currently using Windows 32bits but it still won't work.

- Improved forking of projectiles

kinky.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
stranger
stranger
some nice changes but

- now the fights are way too easy. I thought there were fine before
- we now have WoW style quest tracking. I'm no fan of showing the quest markers on the map especially when you have not discovered the area

But the rest of the changes are great. Many things that I have noticed, have been solved.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Works great on good old Windows XP ! hehe

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why don't you guys upgrade to windows 64 bit? (and not xp 64bit, since that's some kind of abomination).

addict
addict
things i noticed after first fight (crab-fight):

- the cleric cannot heal himself? never noticed that this healing spell cannot be cast on the caster before. seems odd to me.

- mid-fight (big crab dead and some tiny ones still alive) my cleric sheathed his weapon and "refused" to put it back out. he also did not hit anything anymore.

- ui: when i open the inventory of say char 1 and click on the portrait of char 2 (on the left side of the display) the inventory remains the one of char 1. i have to click the arrows beside the portrait in the inventory. not very intuitive for my taste

Last edited by 4verse; 31/01/14 10:26 PM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Support
Support

The cleric and wizard should both be able to heal themselves.

You can hit I again to bring up the inventory for character 2 (or use the icon under the portraits).

New Bugs on 1.0.114:

- You can walkthrough giant shells on the start of the map
- Can't lift the boxes, barrows or open them on the docks where they are behind the ropes
- When trading with Elsmeralda the items doesn't show the full price properly, it will constantly go up by a few coins when trying to exchange
- The items still have random stats such as an plate armour has 8 armour and another one with 12 armour with the same description.
- The Scimitar sword doesn't require any skills which was required to get 3 one-handed skill. (Over Powered)
- The 2-handed sword (better version) now requires 10 strength to wield it should also acquire increasing the skills for the 2-handed sword.
- The constant exploration xp bug in Elsmeralda house, where you and your characters gain XP multiple of times by walking out and in. (This applies to the secret hide out and the room of the trap door).
- The two new recruits cant sit on benches or sleep ( I know you have just added for the main characters)

Serious bug: (Must be fixed soon)

- The door to the mess, chicken mission constant bug where my characters keep repeadily talking to each other increasing the compasionate manner by 1 over and over. This is also if your chose the heartless way, even if the chicken is dead they are still constantly talking to each other about the chicken.

Old bugs that still hasn't been fixed:

- The character still can overlay with the giant stone door.
- The pole on the captain ship on the docks, your character can still climb on it
- The Inventory system set still not working
(I havent go further yet to check some older bugs)

Will check some more later as I only headed to Elsmeralda house as that constant exploration XP bug is one of the major bugs on the game, right now. Now the biggest major bug is with the chicken mission!

Hope this helps a bit!

-Tex

Last edited by Texoru; 01/02/14 03:10 AM.
Support
Support

I think blocking off access to crates and barrels is the point of having a ropes across a section of the dock. Try it with Telekinesis, or another post mentioned teleporting them over the rope.

stranger
stranger
Can't confirm the self healing bug on the cleric, as it workd on my end .. also didn't experience the 'loop' in the conversations over the chicken in the mess as listed above (though I am only playing in single player mode, and not co-op, if that has any bearing ?

However.

Is it by design, or an oversight, that the Survivor's new ability 'Tactical Retreat' effectively allows the player to Teleport into any locked room/house.
i.e You can 'retreat' into Evelyn's house, bypassing the locked doors, which enables you to jump ahead in the main Quest ... no need to confront Jakes 'grieving widow'

Also the tool tip after leaving the Homestead for the first time, still describes the top of the mini-map as an instant recall to the homestead, whereas it is now the MP options menu.

old hand
old hand
So far I much prefer the balance of the last build to this one.
Healing items and spells are too powerful and seriously reduced the difficulty of the game.

I like the general decrease in HP bloat though.

veteran
veteran
For the first time ever, I reached the beach fight and the troopers were still working on the orc I saw from the cliff. I was in the Fight!” screen, but I had to wait for the soldiers to finish the orc off before any of me or the boat bunch got turns. Interestingly enough, the soldiers fighting the orc appeared to be in real-time not turn based, so it went quickly. A performance improvement for the AI’s decision-making?

After they finished off the orc, a soldier from there ran up.

Excellent, Arhu now explains why he thinks source magic is at work and why there’s a cult around.

I had about 150 gold entering Cyseal (closing not to steal), plus some things to sell. I traded for 4 potions and a smokescreen arrowhead, but decided not to get a spell yet.

I decided to do a difficulty test for the combat. I used the undead house at (x: , y: ) and tried to see if Roderick and Scarlett could go at it alone, without companions. The house was full of level 3 enemies. It took several healing potions, so the fight was challenging, but Roderick did not die, and we got a couple things (including 2 more small potions). This seemed okay.

Request: I hope eventually, your abilities will determine your starting skills and loadout (so if you pick “Crossbow” instead of “Bow”, your Ranger will start out with a level 1 Training Crossbow type weapon, and if you withdraw an attribute point from Air Magic and put it into Earth magic, you lose the Teleportation skill and get a Earth Magic skill instead. Of course, I do see complicated problems implementing this, like some idiot who puts 1 point into all the weapon skills. “What’ll you give me now, huh clever developers?”

Hard to move items:
- The carpet at the house in x:50, y:130 requires some very particular placement about where you’re allowed to move it.
- The tombstone lid in the basement of said house is even more picky about where you are allowed to set it down.

The healing spell was underpowered before, but it's clearly overpowered now. It just needs some tweaking so there's a middle ground between the spell healing 5 HP a round and 50.

Maybe increase the resistances of the enemies. I’m seeing numbers like 56 (Absorbed: 7) of skeletons against Slashing damage (2H swords). Or would that screw over dagger users? I'd better make one and decide. If it would make daggers too weak, mayve lower the damage of 2H weapons a a bit.

journeyman
journeyman
I encountered some unbalanced things:

- XP-Exploit for Exploration is not only given repeated on esmeralda's house in backroom or basement but also with the box in N which is burning and a bomber comes out of it

- the battles are really more balanced now, the wizard was downgraded with more AP and longer cooldowns - very good decision, no longer the rain spell and then stunning the enemys in the same turn - htat really needs thinking where to put the waterpool of the rain so you can stun them in the next turn after their move!! - yes that's a challenge ;P

- the AI can't see all blocking terrain and the shot's or spells are blocked

- the player also can not see what is blocking terrain because the enemy is highlighted but then the shot or spell are blocked too

- but the melee weapons now use only strength and not singele-handed- or two-handed-skill like before and it's much harder to increase strength than those two skill's - I think it was better with a minimum strength but not as much as now and some more points in skill needed to wield the weapons

and it's the same with bows and crossbows, where you need dexterity to wield them and no longer the bow or crossbow skill!!

- the healing spell does around thet much healing like burning or poision does now - so it's ok

- on the beginning beach there are some minor bugs which prevent you from walking through:
- the old archway in the brick wall cannot be used tzo shortcut the way to the shell
- you cannot walk to the bridge (with the first 2 legionaiers) when walking in the river

- you don't get wet when entering a river even while beeing shown as only the head is outside the water?! and in battle the stun doesn't hit persons standing in river!!only in water-pools of the rainspell

- the river can also not be steamed with firespells

- the fishing gear and the lid of a barrel are found too often in barrels and boxes ( after finishing all boxes and barrels in town I have over 20! lids and 12 fishing gears!!)

- I also didn't find how to turn the lid into a shield ;(

- why do the ranger (survivor) get a arrowhead which he can't use with an arrowshaft becauseof crafting skill to low (need more than 2 crafting (I did not test on which level of skill it works) because only getting 3 skills per upleveling you have to choose crafting or battle and that ist not helping !!!! it's ok with 1 or 2 crafting skill to do arrows but not more, maybe magical arrows need more or some skill in sourcery

btu gameplay is more challenging and so more fun wink
thx a lot

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard