Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
stranger
stranger
K
Bugs:

1: Infinite exp while walking with companions into hidden rooms (some give 17300 or so exp, so getting lvl 40++ takes around 5-6min), works for both companions.

2: Perks are not given to both main characters if one of protagonists was too far away when the conversation was innitiated.

3. Locked doors can still be broken with any weapon or spell. In case guards are watching, they can be "moved" to a different location with a teleport spell.

4. Crafting lvl 5 needs improvement as weapons have only 2 choices for each material (iron/steel) and quality of items is below average comparing to items available at a vendor.
Overall luck stat has also no affect on crafting.
Some of the recipies do not work as well .. crafting "bar" goes through but no item is generated.

5. Two handed weapons are significantly weaker than any one handed wep. Damage difference is minimal ... i.e. two handed sword would have only 5-10% more dmg BUT
- 4 ap to use instead of 2-3ap for single hand
- no shield
and animation for two handed axe is bugged, main hero is holding it by the blade (not the handle).

6. Warrior skill +50%, -25% accuracy, +2ap for abilities use is USELESS!
Warrior skills are high cost as is, and -25% accuracy does not get mitigated by anything (not gladiator, not 15str, not 5 in weapon skill), so with this skill active your warrior would do what .. 1, maybe 2 hits while without this skill, he would do 3-5

7. Intelligence needs a nerf. When int is 15 nearly every skill cost 1 ap.

8. Skill phoenix dive is doing fire based damage but that damage is not affected by fire mastery. Meaning if you have fire 5, you will do same damage with phoenix dive as if you had fire 0.

9. Crabs in the cove are still not attacking anything.

10. Armor raiting needs to be adjusted ... it caps at 95 but the efficiency of it seems to be non-linear. Until you get about 40+armor, its only a little better than being naked. However, if you are at 60/70+ mobs can't do much at all.

11. Melee vs Caster again ...
Caster needs 15int, 15endurance and everything else into speed.
2 stats caped will make you a caster with ~4.5k hp, 1ap for nearly every spell, and 25+ap

Melee needs to have 3 stats capped (str, in addition to int/end) to "catch up".

In other words, casters would rock much, much earlier (tens of levels) than any melee.

B
B
Hmm, edited out the Snorri thing since it's quite possible that I simply wasn't paying enough attention.

I know the Smelly thing is meant as a hint, but I would say it implies that the objects smell bad. Perhaps a different adjective would be more appropriate?

S
S
Bug - Content / Mechanics

Priority - Low

There was a low (125xp) exploration reward just (north) east of the ruined hut, south of the barracks / training field. It no longer triggers.

~

Refutation of bug

Priority - Low

A user reported that trading with the mortician caused a game crash / bug. I cannot duplicate this; he simply has no inventory.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

Unsure if this is to do with the mortician, however tool tips on items whilst trading ceased to work for me after trading with him. Tooltips in inventory worked fine.

[Edit - this is fixed on a reload, so might be to do with the mortician]

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

Arnu in cat form has a ! weapon in her inventory that does incredible damage. Currently saving up gold to see if it's tradable. (I suspect it won't be, but it shouldn't be in his inventory - I know why it is, which points to cats not having equipment dolls!)

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

Jack the chickens' broken behaviour has been reported (+7 bonus) - however, if you 'farm' this bonus while staying in the kitchen, and then opt to kill him, the cook will run off to murder him. Jack was in the barracks when I triggered this (I suspect Jack was heading for the nearest exit, i.e. the barrack's stairs) - leading to being able to mass loot and so on.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low / Medium

Once you have 'ported a chest a single time, you cannot port it again. Tested on the chest found in the centre of the market square. Not sure if this applies to other items flagged criminal, will test further.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

Char has Bold:3 / Timid:1 and is using a +1 to sneak item, with 0 in the base stat: only gets Sneaking skill:1, listed as from gear. Conclusion - timid isn't adding +1 correctly.

Last edited by SteamUser; 01/02/14 09:21 PM.
addict
addict
Maali's co-op partner here.

Originally Posted by Maali

- Tactical retreat enables players to jump through walls and get to otherwise unreachable areas (i.e. Evelyn's house, we managed to solve Jake's murder without going through any of the regular steps by abusing Tactical Retreat). Game-Breaking.

I simply jumped in Evelyn's house, then I jumped down the cliff from the nothern burial mound to the pink tree, then onto the beach, used reveal spell, killed Evelyn, solved Jake's murder o/ Nice for some speed-running videos, not as nice when doing a regular game.

- Some elemental damage skills do not trigger the Talking statues even if they should apply the correct elemental effects. Not Game Breaking.

Confirmed at least for fire arrows as far as I'm concerned.

- Companions do not seem to trigger most of the special places exploration markers, but still get the group XP for it, resulting in infinite XP loops in various places, including those already mentioned as well as others (Lighthouse, Broken Way Gate, Arhu's failed experiment cave, Talking Statues). More detailed information should be posted by my co-op partner later on. Extremely Game-Breaking.

This is the big one.
Let me illustrate it in video :

( This video has been posted as "unlisted", meaning it can't be found by regular search or browsing my channel. Only you here on this forum should have the link. )

It indeed seems like the companions can trigger the exploration XP gain but aren't receiving any flags for that, resulting in them being able to infinitely trigger the XP gain event.
Probably not very hard to correct, but that's the single biggest bug we found in this build so far.
In combination with the smoke-jump described earlier, "finishing" the main quest can be done in a few minutes by avoiding all quest dialogues and the whole investigation while still clearly being over-leveled for the content.

This seems to be happening everywhere you gain exploration XP save for the Way Gates discoveries. We confirmed it so far for :
- The Lighthouse ( where this video was mainly captured )
- The non-working way gate in the beach near Evelyn's lab secret entrance ( last part of the video )
- The 4 talking statues
- Arhu's Experiment cave entrance

Various feedbacks :

- Jahan feels more balanced. His healing now may be a bit too powerful though. But only a BIT.

- Resurrect skillbook requires Way of the Ranger ranks. I would have expected Sourcery ranks.

- Bows, crossbows, Survivor :
* The Marksman Stance ( +50% precision, -25%damage, +2AP to cost of skill ) is downright useless, I can see no reason to ever use it. You hit ok from a distance anyway with the eagle eyes trait, and ennemies tend to move toward you, reducing the distance. 50% ranged precision is not worth the damage redution and AP bonus cost. The previous iteration ( 1 reserved AP per turn instead of +2ap cost ) was a tad more balanced while still not super-useful.
Maybe make it a next-attack buff only with no damage and AP penalty, costing 1 or 2 ap, simply enhancing the precision of your next attack ?

* Standards attacks cost maybe too much AP. With a few points in Intelligence, a special arrow will deal more damage and cost less AP to use. This is especially true with crossbows, where one fire arrow can cost down to half AP a standard attack does.
My guess would be that Larian wants archers to use special arrows ( making the rank 5 of Way of the Ranger very useful ), but it doesn't come out as very intuitive. Maybe make special arrows a bit more powerful and costly to use ?

* Way of the ranger rank 4 ( -1 ap to standard attacks ) doesn't seem to be reflected upon the ranged weapons tooltips, while INT influence appears on the skill tooltips.

- Stats :
* They feel quite balanced now, with maybe a little bias toward intelligence. A caster could only need int, the rest being bonus, while a melee or archer would want at least strength or dexterity AND intelligence.
I guess this is countered by the fact most "correct" spells have cooldowns, leaving the mage with not really much to do between CDs except casting one of those base, low-damage spells. So he would have to learn to use an actual weapon to really shine.

* Any chance to get a preview of how a stat gain is going to influence other stats ? Like how putting a point in intelligence could show us the reduction in AP cost for our skills ( if any ) before we confirm ? With every stats now being quite useful, it would help knowing how they are actually going to change our character.

- crafting : crafting items does not seem very useful unless you dish a lot of points in the ability. Every items you will find will be of a better quality than what you can craft. What's more you'd need to get some very specific ingredients to craft a very specific weapon. I never found a second sinew to try and craft a bow, but I found some very good crossbows by defeating foes.
Maybe give a little boost to what you can do with the Crafting skill or give the option to salvage items, or even a visual / UI hint as to what "level" of item you can craft with your actual / next rank of Crafting ?

Last edited by Dr Koin; 01/02/14 08:55 PM.

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
stranger
stranger
Oh lord infinite exp bug is terrible, for now i'll stop exploring. :P

Also there's something in eglandaer's room, I was there before meeting him (crushing the door to steal some things) and when he returns to that room my characters are stuck outside.

Even though there's no door anymore ('cause I destroyed it) I cannot pass and go to him.

Last edited by rainy nights; 01/02/14 09:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dr Koin

- Resurrect skillbook requires Way of the Ranger ranks. I would have expected Sourcery ranks.

I think Sourcery is a special plot-activated skill that can't actually be used until a certain point in the main quest (past the end of alpha content).

- Bows, crossbows, Survivor :
* The Marksman Stance ( +50% precision, -25%damage, +2AP to cost of skill ) is downright useless, I can see no reason to ever use it. You hit ok from a distance anyway with the eagle eyes trait, and ennemies tend to move toward you, reducing the distance. 50% ranged precision is not worth the damage redution and AP bonus cost. The previous iteration ( 1 reserved AP per turn instead of +2ap cost ) was a tad more balanced while still not super-useful.
Maybe make it a next-attack buff only with no damage and AP penalty, costing 1 or 2 ap, simply enhancing the precision of your next attack ?

I agree, Precision Stance is worthless. You're basically never far enough away that your chance to hit is low enough to be worth lowering your damage to boost it.

You could copy the Warrior's Power Stance and have increased damage with reduced chance to hit, but well, that would be copying the Warrior.

If you want a bow-focused stance, what might be interesting is replacing it with a "Double Shot" Stance that has a higher AP cost and a higher chance to miss, but shoots twice.

B
B
Originally Posted by rainy nights
Also there's something in eglandaer's room, I was there before meeting him (crushing the door to steal some things) and when he returns to that room my characters are stuck outside.

Even though there's no door anymore ('cause I destroyed it) I cannot pass and go to him.

The same thing happened to me in the lighthouse. As far as I can tell the debris of a destroyed door can block your path, but only if you first go to a different area and come back later. I tried it with the door in the warehouse and it happened:

[Linked Image]

Obviously a pretty serious bug.

I'm also finding that (quick)loading can mess with NPC patrol routines. Specifically, they often just seem to stop moving at all. That's how I was able to destroy the door in the warehouse without the guards noticing. Clearly this is highly exploitable, as you can quicksave at the right moment to make stealing even easier.

Finally, here's a screenshot of my two main characters after they were teleported to the Character Creation screen when they exited the Black Cove.

[Linked Image]

This is reproducible and I'm surprised I'm the only one to report it so far. That's not supposed to happen, is it? Note how it's night, by the way.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by SteamUser

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

Arnu in cat form has a ! weapon in her inventory that does incredible damage. Currently saving up gold to see if it's tradable. (I suspect it won't be, but it shouldn't be in his inventory - I know why it is, which points to cats not having equipment dolls!)

It's possible through an exploit which I explain how to do in an earlier post. The damage is crazy and it's one handed so I use it with a shield on Madora. One hit kills.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Seconded on the Black Cove thing. I got teleported there when I was playing in the previous version. Only my main characters got teleported, while my henchmen were left outside.

S
S
Originally Posted by lokitrixter

It's possible through an exploit which I explain how to do in an earlier post. The damage is crazy and it's one handed so I use it with a shield on Madora. One hit kills.

Not a post in this thread smirk

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

Is assassin working? There isn't a "backstab" skill, so unsure how to get it to work. [Working on a fighter build with assassin / teleport abuse]

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Bittereinder

- It is possible to gain infinite Exploration XP. This is the case in Esmeralda's back room and
Esmeralda's secret room
at the very least. You can just run around in circles there and trigger the XP over and over. [/size]

The last two issues are the most serious ones since they are potentially game-breaking. Again though, this build seems to be an improvement in many ways. It introduced new bugs as well, but they should be much easier to fix.

This happened to me also (in a coop game, if that matters). We were able to get infinite exploration XP by walking back and forth between areas in the vast majority of places you get exploration XP.

stranger
stranger
When I play DOS in coop mode, sometimes when I speak with some NPC, the dialog window appears black and I can do nothing to close it. The only thing is to leave the party and join in again.

[Linked Image]

A
addict
addict
A
Here are some of the bugs I've encountered:
1. The cook and the chicken encounter repeats itself again if you try to talk to the cook after allowing the chicken to run away.

2. Arhu can be seen in his future cat form:
[Linked Image]

3. Weird weapon handling and strapping on back:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

4. Arhu is selling something weird with exclamation sign:
[Linked Image]

5. Hall of Heroes has buggy minimap, also journal button is buggy:
[Linked Image]

6. Headgear (bonnet) doesn't hide the hair:
[Linked Image]

7. Flowers did not move with the pot:
[Linked Image]

8. Portraits during dialogues are dissapearing:
[Linked Image]

Suggestions:
1. Fraps shows that the game has 30 fps cap. Please, if possible, make it at least 60 - the game will run much smoother and probably faster animation wise.
2. Skills icons for various similar skills like Rush and Battering Ram, or Inspire and encourage have the same icons. It's difficult to distinguish them, some alterations are needed. Different colours maybe?
[Linked Image]

Support
Support
Originally Posted by TearsDuct
the dialog window appears black and I can do nothing to close it.

Did you try hitting '1', or another number key?

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Bittereinder

I'm also finding that (quick)loading can mess with NPC patrol routines. Specifically, they often just seem to stop moving at all. That's how I was able to destroy the door in the warehouse without the guards noticing. Clearly this is highly exploitable, as you can quicksave at the right moment to make stealing even easier.

I've encountered that as well. Quickloading at the harbor garrison seems to be stopping the AI routines - the guards started to just stand in one spot.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Aramintai
Here are some of the bugs I've encountered:

2. Arhu can be seen in his future cat form:
[Linked Image]

I believe this is normal, the dialogue about his cat form sounded legit. Probably even a little foreshadowing since he mentions a witch could lock him in this form...

Suggestions:
1. Fraps shows that the game has 30 fps cap. Please, if possible, make it at least 60 - the game will run much smoother and probably faster animation wise.

Well my fraps clearly showed 60 when I was frapsing my earlier video, and 120 when I was playing. Are you sure you did not lock your framerate while using fraps or something ?

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Dr Koin

I believe this is normal, the dialogue about his cat form sounded legit. Probably even a little foreshadowing since he mentions a witch could lock him in this form...

Is it? I talked to him again later and he was in human form. Definetly something weird. I think his cat transformation should happen later in the game, not at the beginning out of the blue.

Well my fraps clearly showed 60 when I was frapsing my earlier video, and 120 when I was playing. Are you sure you did not lock your framerate while using fraps or something ?

I've figured it out - it's ingame's V-sync option that caps it. Why cap at 30 is beyond me though.

veteran
veteran
- The Ice Shard spell doesn’t seem to pierce, despite its 100% pierce chance.

- Picking up owned items in Esmerelda’s shop prompts the “oh so you want to buy this” dialogue, but the item is not added to her inventory so you can’t actually buy it.

- If you do that and cancel out of the trade, Esmerelda’s dialogue is set to that of a generic citizen, even when asking about Jake’s murder. Ending the conversation and talking to her again gives her her normal dialogue, though.

Last edited by Stabbey; 02/02/14 12:40 AM. Reason: esmerelda's dialogue
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by TearsDuct
the dialog window appears black and I can do nothing to close it.

Did you try hitting '1', or another number key?

Yes, but didn't happen nothing.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by SteamUser
Originally Posted by lokitrixter

Not a post in this thread smirk

Page 2 post #480910. Picture is included as well.

EDIT: As for Arhu turning into a cat it is listed in the patch notes that he will randomly change into a cat.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 02/02/14 12:49 AM.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard