Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
addict
addict
A
Not sure if it's a bug or lack of barter skill, but I can't seem to balance the trade with some vendors - the inital balance is set, but when I click on trade button I get the message that the offer insults them and they raise their side by a few coins. And it continues indefinetly - they alays raise their side.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Aramintai
Not sure if it's a bug or lack of barter skill, but I can't seem to balance the trade with some vendors - the inital balance is set, but when I click on trade button I get the message that the offer insults them and they raise their side by a few coins. And it continues indefinetly - they alays raise their side.

This happens randomly to people. But if they raise the price that means their opinion of you is lowered. To offset this you need to give more than is requested for item.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by lokitrixter

This happens randomly to people. But if they raise the price that means their opinion of you is lowered. To offset this you need to give more than is requested for item.

Interesting, it is random indeed. Sometimes they accept the inital price, sometimes not. Too bad that there is no indicator as to how high they want the raise to be, would have been more easier if the balance button autoraised the player side to the sum that vendors would find acceptable.

Last edited by Aramintai; 02/02/14 01:04 AM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I've had it go up by about 500 to 1000. I had saved after first fail and kept adding money till it took. I eventually killed all of the NPCs with the exception of two guards who didn't take damage and Arhu and got my money back.

B
B
Right, if they tell you your offer is insulting for no reason you need to give them a LOT more than what they're supposedly asking before they will accept the trade. It also seems to be random who this happens with, I've seen people report this bug occurring with several different NPCs. Not sure what the cause is.

E
Ebu Offline
stranger
stranger
E
Imagine that you're in a room with some NPCs with higher lvl than your characters, but you want to kill them anyway. The way to do it without any scratch is quite easy. Build a barricade made of boxes/crates/tables/chairs, so there's no way through it and initiate a fight (throw a box on them).

Since NPCs don't know, that most of these objects are destructible, they'll just stand in a fight position and won't do anything. So the last step is killing NPCs with some ranged weapons/spells.

Let's give these poor inhabitants of this cruel world some intelligence and possibilities how to manipulate with enviroment.

Last edited by Ebu; 02/02/14 01:25 AM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Bittereinder
Finally, here's a screenshot of my two main characters after they were teleported to the Character Creation screen when they exited the Black Cove. This is reproducible and I'm surprised I'm the only one to report it so far. That's not supposed to happen, is it? Note how it's night, by the way.

This has been reported in previous builds. I have a video in one of the bug report threads showing this and that if you run far enough to the right then you will be returned to Cyseal start. Thanks for the update that it's still an issue.

4. Arhu is selling something weird with exclamation sign

Explained a way to acquire this in earlier post.

7. Flowers did not move with the pot

Also seen and reported in earlier post. Thanks for the screenshot though.

EDIT: It would appear that the infinite Exploration XP and the bugged dialogue at the cook's are due to the change in coding for the companions. In the previous build (the following is speculation but fits with what has happened) they were coded as part of the game, thus enabling them to travel over the alpha line. The 2 mains were coded differently and that is why certain triggers activated and why they were returned to the beginning of Cyseal if they crossed the alpha line. Now companions have a similar coding as the player created characters. They are triggering things like players, yet not being flagged as having triggered it. Hence why crossing the lines for exploration trigger when companions cross and why the cook's dialogue keeps triggering.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 02/02/14 04:19 AM.
The "offer is insulting" is a bug as one of the item is 480 and they keep refusing, when I load the game, the item is now at 780 (same stats, description) and they accept it. Its a strange bug that causes the item to not show their full price.

Last edited by Texoru; 02/02/14 05:05 AM.
old hand
old hand
I left clicked in the middle of Esmerelda's shop to walk there from the eastern edge of town and my characters walked right through 2 of Esmerelda's locked doors instead of entering in the front. The doors remained locked afterward.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by SniperHF
I left clicked in the middle of Esmerelda's shop to walk there from the eastern edge of town and my characters walked right through 2 of Esmerelda's locked doors instead of entering in the front. The doors remained locked afterward.

Yeah this is caused by the door not rendering at a distance and so it seems as if the way is open. Also your lead character will run the straightest way there, running through solid objects. If you take your party upstairs (or downstairs) at the Inn or the Mayor's then you will be able to free your stuck character.

D
stranger
stranger
D
A few random bugs that I found while playing:

- During the fight with Evenlyn, a cultist cast charm on an already charmed Roderick. He resisted and became uncharmed.

- I quicksaved (which I will add I'm not fond of as feature) in the middle of a battle with Evelyn which resulted in a now corrupt save.

- When I die nothing happens. My characters are laying on the floor like it's possible for them to get up, but I don't think it is!

- Bouncing fire (I forget the actual name of the spell) does not highlight who the fire will "bounce" to. Effectively it's an AoE spell with an undefined area.

Last edited by DonkeyWorld; 02/02/14 07:23 AM.
stranger
stranger
Sadly, the issue with follower "detaching" himself is not corrected. Every time I load a game or invite my friend jahan (or madora as well) starts to follow me and not him. So we have to fire him and re-hire at the homestead.
Moving his portrait has no effect at all, the chain won't link him to the player that is not the host.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
The book Metalurgy made Easy is misspelled, it should be Metallurgy (It is spelled correctly inside the book). In the same book it says "To man an Iron Bar". It should be To Make an Iron Bar.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Two "obvious" bugs I encountered:
- sometimes in the bench just after Cyseal entry, if you stand-up after having sit on it, you can not move anymore the character because he/she stand-up between the bench and the wall. You can fix this situation by moving the bench though

- in the same area in the story, I talked with the citizens just after the gate near the crates, then with the other one who is owning the "Nine inch nails", and this second time the camera zoomed incorrectly on the first citizens each time I tried to talk to him

- during the Orc Battle on the beach at the beginning of the game before Cyseal, some guards popped up from/outside view in the middle of the screen, even if they were clearly in the same area.

And it might be great to have an option not to zoom in during dialogs. The "problem" now is that the camera zoom change for each character who talk. I agree that it's not a bug, but I'm not sure that it's better that the previous situation. I had personally no problems to identify with whom I was talking to wink

Last edited by mithrandir; 02/02/14 10:39 PM.
stranger
stranger
In the library just at the top of the stairs, I was trying to click on the book shelf and somehow ended up clicking on the stool in front of it. Now Scarlet in stuck setting on it. She won't move, and I can not use anything in my inventory or teleport . I even tried starting a fight but she just sets there.

Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.
Ted Nugent
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by moparluv
In the library just at the top of the stairs, I was trying to click on the book shelf and somehow ended up clicking on the stool in front of it. Now Scarlet in stuck setting on it. She won't move, and I can not use anything in my inventory or teleport . I even tried starting a fight but she just sets there.

Take your party downstairs. She should be forced to follow.

B
B
Finished almost all of the remaining content today. Issues I noticed:

- The Billeh Ghar conversation triggers over and over if you run around in his room, no matter which character(s) you're controlling.
- A floating message 'Trophy Unlocked' appeared when I quickloaded in the Black Cove. I looked at the Trophy Screen and there was nothing there.
- It was impossible for me to
move the painting to find the secret button in the Black Cove. I had to use Whirlwind to destroy it.

- The crabs in the Black Cove don't fight back.
- You can use AOE spells to highlight hidden landmines:
[Linked Image]

I'm actually fine with this since I'd get blown to bits otherwise, but I'm not sure it's intentional.
- My game crashed as I was landing the finishing (melee) blow on Pontius Pirate.
- During my second attempt, I decided to provoke combat with the ghost pirates before the conversation with Pontius triggered. The game treats them as neutrals and it just slightly lowered their attitude. Eventually, most of them turned into zombies, combat finally got triggered, and then this happened:
[Linked Image]

Yes, Lily the ghost pirate is fighting on my side.
- There is an exclamation mark above Madora's head after sending Desdemona to the lighthouse, but I cannot talk to her. First time I ran into this problem in this build.
- When Sam goes to see Maxine after you've solved his quest, she tells him 'you are tom of means after all'. That should be a 'a tom of means'.
- Sam's collar is still in your inventory after you solve his quest.
- Example of current item values being out of whack: a huge diamond that I picked up in the Black Cove is worth less than five times more than a fish.

stranger
stranger
Don't work I even killed her and when she came back to life she won't move.

Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.
Ted Nugent
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Can you screenshot it and put it up under spoiler tags, so as to not make the post unnecessarily long. I will try to replicate this using the picture and see if I can find a way out of it.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Another small bug, during the first Orc fight before Cyseal. I used a spell on an Orc to make it fight for me, he dies before the spell effect vanished, and then the spell "icon" was forever floating above his corpse.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard