Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cinder Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
My characters had low sneak skills so I tried to be clever when attempting to acquire the smelly socks from the general's bedside cabinet. I had my char interact with the bed and then interact with the cabinet. I was able to loot the socks but it then triggered combat as the general was just on the other side of the wall screen. My char was then stuck lying in the bed unable to take any actions.

As well this was just after being arrested and sent to jail. I had the key to escape from killing the guards earlier (I wanted in that treasure room :P), however my char that was imprisoned didn't "re-join" the party. As in when selected as my primary char, the others did not follow.

This cause to have two different party's of sort to be in combat with the general (I had them all in the room). I was able to make the other 3, not in the bed, flee from combat, which ended the combat for all characters.

However the one character was still stuck in the be unable to take any action. Going up or down stairs did not fix this either. Nor could I use any of the transport devices. So I re-loaded to an earlier save.

Mastery is achieved when telling time becomes telling time what to do.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
To fix this you would have to go through a loading screen. Someone had posted a similar issue in the bug thread and in testing out what happened I found that going through a loading screen gathered the party together. I used the black cove one as going to the homestead causes dialogue and that crashed the game.

Support
Support

In the library or barracks, after initiating combat (just touching a lamp or picking up a book should do it, after the first character gets caught stealing while sitting or lying down) you can also just have the rest of the party go downstairs, and the stuck character will be free after being killed and resurrected. When I tried in the barracks, Aureus didn't do anything, just wait 5 or so seconds and end his turn, so it took a while for soldiers outside to come in to kill Roderick (sent Scarlett outside to see if she could leave the battle that way, but all the soldiers in the immediate surroundings were hostile, as well).

Reloading avoids having a bunch of people with a -45 opinion of you when you return, though.

With Aureus over by the bookcase Roderick could easily sneak and steak the socks. I had to move the screens out of the way in order for him to get caught.

Link Copied to Clipboard