Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
veteran
veteran
This is a cute one:

I had a pretty good magic dagger, but it broke. Without any working repair, I sold it to a vendor. I had to replace it with a normal version of the same type. I use that one for a while, and it's now down to 5 durability itself.

I go back to the vendor I sold my magic dagger to, and she still has it for sale - only NOW, it has 80/80 durability. Naturally, I bought it... only to discover that once it was in my inventory, it was in fact at 0 durability, not 80.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by lokitrixter
Originally Posted by Loadrunner
- The spell 'Minor Flare' is a standard spell of the wizard. Strangely i could buy and LEARN this spell again (from Arhu or the fireelemental in the homestead not sure anymore). What happend then the Spell 'Minor Flare' got added to the Skillbook again and the original Spell turned into another Spell 'Initiate's Flare' with the same effect but with lower ap cost and less damage. At least that's what i think was happening because 'Minor Flare' in the action bar got automatically replaced by the other spell. Other theory is that the book is titled wrong and that the action bar got confused by two spells with the same name randomly choose one.

The Skill you get when you first create a Wizard is called Initiate's Flare. The Minor Flare teaches a more powerful flare. I would rather the Minor Flare take the place of Initiate's Flare instead of having two. But I don't know if that's the intention.

Your totally correct about that case i got fooled by the fact that 'Minor Flare' had the same AP cost, at the point i obtained it, as the 'Initiate's Flare' had at the beginning of the game, that the icons for both spell are the same and that the mage companion only had learned 'Minor Flare'. This only raises the question why you can't buy 'Initiate's Flare' from a vendor.

Originally Posted by lokitrixter
Originally Posted by Loadrunner
- Dualdialogs between Roderick and Scarlett seem to trigger just once per installation (sounds stupid i know)?. For example the conversation about the guy who jumped of the cliff, the fleeing chicken or the guy who burned his house. This dialogs never occured again for me. Not when reloading not in a new game.

That's weird. I just tested this as I thought it worked fine in my second play through of this build, and it in fact worked. I know there was some bleed over from previous saves before. I haven't checked to see if this is still an issue.

I tested it again with a new game and surprisingly it worked for all three mentioned cases at least this time. However this doesn't change the fact that it didn't worked in my first playthrough last weekend. I still have the save games where the burned house and cliff guy dialog won't fire. I also checked the traits of the characters the first one is neither 'pragmatic' nor 'romantic' as it would have been if the first conversation was about the jumper.

I've recognized as well that some of the dialogs just fire for one character even though the other one stands right beside him/her.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello ! There is some remarques (sorry for my english, I'm french).

It should be great if we can use our skil, like healing on big portrait of our team. Same for attaque skill on the ennemie portrait.

Is it possible to put some building name on the map ?

And there is big probleme for target the ennemie. sometime it's just impossible to do !

Thanks for this game it will be great smile

veteran
veteran
Yesterday I restard the game... all my wrintigs on the map from the last game are also in the new game.... dont know if this is a bug or a feature.
It's not so bad... I dont need to make new comments on my map (like "esmaraldas shop", or "taverne")

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Trade Bug:
To Recap on a bug already reported for the devs to replicate, I wanted to get Ahru or whatever his name is in Cat form's exclamation mark weapon and I struggled to understand what the steps were.

You need to put any selectable item in the trade window and then drag that item from the trade window over the un-selectable item i.e. the exclamation mark item and it will swap places therefore allowing you to buy it if you have enough money.

Henchmen/Companion Battle Issues
If your henchmen person is not inside the room when a battle starts for instance and does not have line of sight it seems on the battle they do not participate. I killed one person in the doorway and then the henchmen moved and started participating.

Murder Quest Bug
We ended up in a battle in the Inn and killed all people in there and the guard died in the process, we got the key and when we went to the door, the dead guard attempted to stop us and when we said we had been granted access he said he would help but of course he was dead and not able to quite do so.

Killing NPC's
Sometimes NPC's do not seem attackable if they are in dialogue? maybe, not sure but once they move they become attackable. Not all the time but sometimes this happens.

Henchmen/Companion in Co-Op
There is a bug where if the host has picked up both companions they can't link one to a second player?

If the second player talks to the henchmen/companion it gets linked. However if the second player disconnects and reconnects the link is broken and we have not tested any further from there yet.

Last edited by Rothgar; 08/02/14 09:49 AM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
The chicken scene in the cook's place triggered multiple times for me. First time I went in and camera scroll bug I mentioned earlier triggered, so I really had no idea what was going on. Then I changed back to my other main character after the game had auto-swapped them, and I triggered the scene again after walking in. Then I walked up to the cook and triggered the scene yet again. I talked to the cook and supposedly handed him the corpse or whatever (I don't know why; he's the one who killed the chicken). Then when leaving the house, I triggered the scene one last time.

I answered the heartless way every time.

stranger
stranger
Possibly Game Breaking
In the Market near Captain Jack, Roderick spoke to "citizen" who looks similar to Jack. Upon doing so, Roderick froze and fused with citizen. I could open inventory, skills menu, but nothing would change his frozen state. Madora and Scarlett were able to go on.

I saved and then quit game. When I came back in, it was resolved. Screenshot below of guilty citizen.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/rustbucket/screenshot/3316076411151174271

Unfortunately I don't have one of the fused state.

journeyman
journeyman
Ok, I just had the weirdest bug in DoS that ever happened to me. After the fight against Evelyn a random dog appeared in my "crew". I was not able too see him or was I able to look in his inventory/skills. There was just a picture of a dog attached to my other characters just like Madora etc.
Unfortunately a few minutes later the game crashed, but lucky me I made some screenshots. The pictures speak for themselves:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Co-Op Waypoints
I am not sure if this should be in a feature request thread or here. When you are playing co-op and venturing in different directions, if one of you wants to use a waypoint everyone has to be there? Can this mechanic be changed for co-op to allow individual player teleporting (with any linked henchmen/companions) it is really annoying.

Some fights bug the game
There are certain fights where you end up with no action points, can't skip turn or flee (buttons are greyed). Tried using the "Enter" key also.

I've had this when killing the Legionnaires in the town near their training camp where I killed the two sparring ones and then after that battle walked a few steps and two other Legionnaires or guards ran in and started a battle but then it was in this bugged state and the only option we have found is to restore from a save.

We also had this when breaking in to Cecelia I think her name was house where she is in the bathtub. We were stealing stuff and she called two Legionnaires who came and we killed them, then my friend started breaking the door in her house to the next room and she became hostile along with two Legionnaires coming toward us from outside. Before the Legionnaires arrived he had one hit Cecelia while she was in the tub and then we ended up in this bugged combat state and again had to re-load from a save.

stranger
stranger
Is the tornado spell suppose to attack the caster? lol. The spell also doesn't completely dissipate electrical clouds or poisonous clouds.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Not sure if this one has been reported before:

The Rush skill (Knight starting skill) allows me to enter locked houses without breaking or unlocking the door. My character just rushes into the house like there was no door at all.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Visual Bug
If you have for example a hammer on top of a barrel and then destroy the barrel, the hammer is floating in mid air.

Equipping Items during Combat (Co-op)
During combat I had no weapon equipped and used my turn and ended it, during my friends turn I was able to equip a sword without consuming action points/before my turn started.

NPC Combat Issue (Co-Op)
Not sure exactly how to replicate but if an NPC is talking aloud or if a co-op friend is talking to an NPC and you hit them, often combat does not start and you can kill them without any flag.

Arhu script bug
Arhu at the bridge was at the end of his conversation and about to teleport when I hit him with a sword and he flagged combat, after I died, we fled and he got bugged on the bridge and we checked he never arrived at his office.

journeyman
journeyman
Time for another bug :P
When casting the Air Elemental spell you summon (who would have thought that) an air elemental. Well, it works. Now the strange thing about it: When you summon elementals they disappear after a specific amount of time (when they are not in combat) but it seems like this does not work for the air elementals. They do not disappear but they stand still and keep looking in one direction. Also they leave a surface of electrified water under them. Here are some pics:
1 air elemental
[Linked Image]
5 elementals
[Linked Image]
aaaand another perspective
[Linked Image]

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I had a party of my two main characters, Roderick and Madora. I went to the lighthouse and on the stairs immediately before the lighthouse Madora just stopped moving. She doesn't move if I control her. She doesn't follow other party memebers.

The cool thing is that I haven't run into any other bugs yet, but I'll help report them if I find them.

Last edited by SugarBooger; 10/02/14 07:46 AM.
B
B
Was there supposed to be a new update today or am I misremembering things? Kind of stoked to see what the changes will be.

veteran
veteran
From a thread on Steam:

Originally Posted by Lar
We're testing the patch now - it's looking pretty solid but we still want to test it tomorrow throughout the day. Expect it on thursday.

S
S
Bug - Content

Priority - Low

You can purchase the inn key off >old elf psycho< for 1gp without triggering him moving to the inn. This allows you to loot his room before he arrives - I forgot to check if this broke his script, something to check.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low / Medium

Along with certain skill bonuses not working (+1 sneaking comes to mind), the romantic trait only gives +1 to luck, no matter how much you have in it. I currently have +2 romantic, and am capped at 5 luck [base:2 / perk lucky rabbit +1 / gear + 1 / romantic +1]. However, it does appear that luck is working on loot drops (yay!).

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

You can loot x2 smelly items from Cecil - boots from his room, his ring via the "swap trade items" bug [note: I assume that these criminal flagged items in inventory are there for pickpocketing when implemented], Jake only has one response for either. i.e. conversation flag is only triggered once. Not an issue, but might be if ring is stolen then sold and the boots not looted (?).

Cecil's Smelly ring doesn't appear to trigger Jake's conversation.

(Edit - scratch that; I had the ring in inventory on my pet-talking character, and it didn't trigger the option until I gave her the boots. Amended.)

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

I took the assassin perk with a fighter - I cannot get backstab to work at all, even when starting fights behind an opponent; I'm presuming it isn't implemented yet. [It may be that backstab is also dependent on other skills? The fighter has luck 5, an attempt to max crits at the same time].

~

Balance - Mechanics

Priority - Medium / High

Int 10 giving +2 skill points is INCREDIBLY unbalancing. Non-mages are totally outstripped even by level 5 (+8 SP). By level 8, that's +14 SP. At the very least, Str / Int / Dex should give bonus SP only to certain skill classes. e.g. Str 10 -> +2 SP for Warrior skills, Dex 10 -> +2 SP for Survivor skills, Int 10 -> +2 SP for Mage skills.

This would go a little way to balancing this issue.

~

Balance - Mechanics

Priority - Low

Crafting a shield using rope + wooden lid only ever gives a wooden shield [not fully tested - level 3, crafting level 2 atm]. This is fine, however is an anomaly with regards to other progressing crafting skills. e.g. dagger + branch => spear that levels with the player level / crafting skill.

I don't think other shield crafting recipes are implemented atm; it might be the case that those "level up".

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

This was noted in a prior build, but worth noting again. Playing around with the Conversation battles and attempting to force outcomes (e.g. using a charm:0 bonus vrs a rational:3 bonus to get the opposition outcome you'd like) often has the opposite effect. i.e. the player with the lower score wins the conversation battle. At the moment there doesn't seem to be any real consistency to the checks.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low / Medium

Again, testing the social bonuses, I am unsure if/when they come into effect. The hostile bonus (+5% damage) goes white when it is higher than compassion (leading me to think it has come into play), however it is hard to tell if it's stacking. My fighter currently has +5 (+25% damage bonus) through abusing the chicken* - I'm attempting to check if this is a stacking bonus. If it is, boy is that one to :cheese:.

~

Rampant Sexist Nonsense Alert

Priority - Low / Medium

Having a conversation with the random woman in the market as a female character leads to the discussion over whether or not being threatened by males who approach to 'chat them up' in society is a rational response (HINT: YES IT IS, RAPE IS REALLY FUNNY BROS!), leading to...

A bold +1 or timid +1 bonus. Cut this shit out, it isn't clever nor is it funny. At the very least, a rational +1 / romantic +1 would be more correct in terms of correlation with the dialogue.

Oh, the bug? If you trigger this with a female character, you can spam the conversation bonus. i.e. multiple triggers.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - High

Over-all the social mechanics seem borked. Ones that effect Mage skills seem to work into the multiple regions (e.g. it is perfectly possible to get +3 to water magic) while those effecting Survivor skills seem either not to work (sneak), or to give only a +1 bonus (romantic seems capped at +1). Some seem only to work if the social trait is white (i.e. higher than its opposite) while some give both bonuses; this may be because some social traits don't have bonuses.

Over-all, the social traits favor mages to an extreme at this point, and need consistency to allow players to abuse the crap out of the conversation trees build a character they'd like.

Suggestions:

1) Make it clear if being active (white) triggers the bonus or not. If this is the case, make it extremely clear to the player.

2) Stacking bonuses clearly favors mages, as their primary skills, as do the social skills benefiting said skills.

~

Bug - Content Omission?

Priority - Low

Given the amount of banter surrounding joining the 5 conversations (regarding loot / willing to be lead etc), it's strange that refusing to join the 5 (which is the entirely sane thing to do, given you are source hunters and they're quite clearly all poseurs) gives no bonuses. In fact, it cuts down a quest.

Suggestion: have a quest fork for finding Tom. e.g. "Proving the 5's incompetence".

*Now there's an out-of-context quote!

Last edited by SteamUser; 12/02/14 01:31 PM.
veteran
veteran
Re: Traits - Someone complained about the same thing you've complained about, and Swen posted this in response.

(Trait) Bonuses for Conversation are Ambiguous
Originally Posted by "Lar"
We'll be going through the traits system shortly and you can expect changes. The assignment [of] boni so far was rather arbitrary and served more as a test of the dev pipeline. Your points are very valid btw & reflect the original vision more than the system as is.

Re: Backstab - I do know that Backstab with larger weapons via the Assassin Talent was possible in earlier versions, so it should still be working unless a patch broke it. I've found that the proper positioning of Backstab can be a bit finicky - it's not always clear where you have to stand to be considered in position for a backstab.

Re: Intelligence points granting more Abilty points:

Intelligence and ability points
Originally Posted by “Lar”
We removed the impact intelligence has on the ability points you get. The change will be in the next update.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by SteamUser
Suggestion: have a quest fork for finding Tom. e.g. "Proving the 5's incompetence".

You can talk to Tom's sister in the town hall and get a quest to find him.

B
B
I just hope we'll be able to kick the Fabulous Five's asses later in the game.

Originally Posted by Stabbey
From a thread on Steam:

Originally Posted by Lar
We're testing the patch now - it's looking pretty solid but we still want to test it tomorrow throughout the day. Expect it on thursday.

Thanks, seems like Steam is the place to be if you want to stay up-to-date.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard