Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hlalueth
Hey there,
i´m constantly getting a bluescreen after playing some minutes. Sometimes after 15 minutes, sometimes more quicker.
My operating System is Win 7 64bit. Don´t know if my Hardware is good to know?

WINKEY+PAUSE BREAK -> Advanced system settings -> Startup and recovery -> Settings -> select "Small minidump" and uncheck "Automatically restart".

Now you can see what the issue causes crash. Additional, you can download BlueScreenView from http://www.nirsoft.net to get some data.

But before that I'd get MSIafterburner or NvidiaInspector and made sure that:

1. GPU Temperature during intensive gameplay does not go above 70C
2. Cooler usage percentage actually increases if GPU temperature increases (ie auto-tune works fine).

Additionally, RealTemp to monitor CPU temperature. CPU cores at 80C isn't a good sign.

But I hope it just driver crash. AMD Radeon?

H
stranger
stranger
H
so i just used "whocrashed" and it says:

On Sat 08.02.2014 15:06:14 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\020814-23868-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (atikmpag+0xBD88)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA8009FDA310, 0xFFFFF88007261D88, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys
product: AMD driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

I also checked my Hardware and no heat problem here. CPU is not above 40C and GPU is not above 58C.
And sry for my bad english laugh

And yes, AMD Radeon HD 7750.

veteran
veteran
Yep, that's videodriver issue.

My first suggestion depends on your current state of drivers. Is it the latest beta? Then rollback to latest stable release. Is it the latest stable? Then update to latest beta.

Be sure that you do CLEAN install. For that, first you must delete current version of drivers via Control panel/Programs and Features, then run Driver Uninstaller (http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html) to clean up the leftovers and then restart and install new or old version.

Try to test the game with it.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Thx for the help, i'll try it tomorrow. I'm on nightshift right now...

stranger
stranger
anyone else having issues with the Tornado spell causing damage to the caster and not completely dissipating electrical clouds and green clouds?

veteran
veteran
And what it has to do with TECHNICAL issues?

Please post in appropriate thread: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=476113#Post476113

H
stranger
stranger
H
Hey, just wanted to say that my problem is solved ^^ updating to the latest beta drivers was the solution. Thx guys smile

veteran
veteran
Nice to know you managed to solve it :3

V
stranger
stranger
V
Soooo many bugs...

Seemingly random crashes, both to desktop and blue screen. They happen while I'm just running around, talking to a vendor, in the loading screens.... just doesn't seem to matter... I only seem to get one for about every 4 hours of gameplay but I can't repeat them because I'm not typically doing anything noteworthy at the time and it's never the same.

If I break down the door to Esmeralda's shop, go in the basement and then try to leave, sometimes I get stuck in the doorway of the upstairs room and and can't get out.

Quest waypoints disappearing or changing. One notable case of this was when playing with a friend. We had waypoints in completely different locations and the game crashed. After restarting, his waypoint was where mine used to be and mine was gone completely.

Combat bugginess. I have 3 examples of this:
1. When fighting the giant orc trooper outside the cave, he simply stood there and let us wail on him until he died.
2. Sometimes if you use the phoenix dive skill, and kill an enemy who explodes from the place where you jump, he will interrupt the jump causing you to not jump. Sometimes though, the enemy to which you were planning on jumping will still take the landing damage even though you didn't jump because of the exploding enemy.
3. ok.. this one has only happened once so far but completely destroyed the immersion and was hilarious. While playing online with a friend, he had 1 AP left for his turn and clicked to move like 3m. something went horribly wrong though and he ran about 100m in that direction, completely ignoring any unpassable terrain along the way. He just walked right over cliff faces and through trees. After he finally stopped moving, he was unable to move again until the combat was over.

veteran
veteran
Bluescreen crashes are bad and could suggest hardware failure or problems with graphics drivers. That might be the cause of the random crashes.

3. I've had things like that, I think it's a lag-related desynchronization issue.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I'm having the issue where I don't see any resolutions to select in the dropdown menu, I tried changing it manually in the config file but that didn't work either. I didn't see any solutions to this anywhere, though I haven't dug too deep so feel free to point me in the right direction if there is one.

I have a 2560x1440 monitor that run at 96 Hz (Korean Qnix QX2710) which may or may not be relevant. GTX 770 with Driver version 332.21 and running win7 64-bit. I'm including my dxdiag as well here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56180/DxDiag.txt

Support
Support

Try changing your desktop resolution, and see if that get anything to show up in the game's dropdown menu.

Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file by right clicking and running it as administrator.

Raze #482315 12/02/14 05:09 AM
R
stranger
stranger
R
I have found the issue and can reproduce it. Basically I am using a custom resolution with my monitor to have it run at 96 Hz, (I added this custom res through nvidia control panel) and if I use this custom res then nothing shows up, if I go back to the default 2560x1440 setting then it shows up just fine without issue.

So I assume that the game can not detect custom resolutions properly and that is the problem. So this makes me able to play the game but not at 96 Hz as I would prefer but at 60 Hz, it's playable of course but it would be best if this got fixed as I am not the only one to use custom resolutions like this. I have included a screenshot to show what I am talking about. I can provide more info if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6v74jhcjx8d7tsb/CustomResolutions.jpg

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm getting an odd slowdown (2-3FPS) after playing for a few minutes. It resolves itself, weirdly enough, when I make a save game. Any ideas? I'm running a Geforce 650 GT and an i7 @ 2.6Ghz.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
It crashes for me second time I try to save game during play session. First save each time is ok. On second one it crashes. Doesn't matter if it's quick or regular save. Sent crash reports when this happened.
It may be related to location, though. Both times I've crashed when saving was near crabs - either before fight or after. And quick-save that was successfully made before battle with them crashes on load.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Same here, the game often crashes when attempting to save a game.
I'm running a Geforce GTX 260 and i7 2.80GHz

Last edited by Berethor; 16/02/14 08:01 AM.
veteran
veteran
It was added in latest patch. The sorting I mean.

Kein #482638 17/02/14 11:54 AM
A
stranger
stranger
A
My game crashes the second i click on save or f5.I also have some weird low fps moments or some random crashes here and there.

I am running GeForce GT 640 and i5 3,3GHZ

Anha #482663 17/02/14 08:49 PM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
The game crashing bug is gone, but the mouse bug is back (where you have to click on crates, etc numerous times to get the game to respond).

F
stranger
stranger
F
Getting the following error message:

"Something went wrong during network communication. Please contact Larian support. The upload will abort. Impossível conectar-se ao servidor remoto - - Foi feita uma tentativa de acesso a um soquete de uma maneira que é proibida pelas permissões de acesso 81.95.126.172:80" - (my system is in Português-BR - free translation: Something went wrong during network communication. Please contact Larian support. The upload will abort. Impossible to connect with remote server - A socket conecction attemp that is forbidden by the access permissions was made 81.95.126.172:80)

Resolved by disabling the Norton 360 firewall.

Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard