Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#482279 11/02/14 08:02 PM
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I understand that right now the tools are not out yet, but I am curious. When we do get them can we..

1. Make Respawning monsters/npcs

(*-- STOP! --* before you whine about how this breaks your ego of clearing a map. I am asking about the creation tools not for them to add it to the game for everyone)

2. Add our own models to the game (Heads/Hair. Clothing/Armor type things)

3. Create an open ended world. Where we can have random events take place and set up a player home. I really love the game and am sad once my characters reach the end it just stops.. I would rather wander about my world and just add onto it.

Support
Support

Yes, I believe so.

Yes AFAIK. Last I read (during the kickstarter, IIRC) there were some details to be worked out about what formats would be able to be imported / exported.

Yes on creating a player home. The rest depends on what you mean by random events; you can probably create a variety of scripted events that appear random to the player.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Raze as always, you bring good news <3

EDIT. Oh by events I mean ones that keep happening over and over. Like Orc raiding a village. Or a carnival moving from town to town. that kind of thing.

Last edited by Ellary; 11/02/14 09:31 PM.
Support
Support

I would think NPC schedules should be able to handle stuff like that.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
any idea when we get the tools to play with? ^_^ I guess I should also learning to do mesh work for models~

Support
Support

I think it depends on when the feedback and bug reports for the game itself drop enough that Larian figures they can handle the extra support that would be required for the editor.

apprentice
apprentice
I've studied some 3D-modelling, if you are green then hit me up on Skype sometime. I'd be happy to lend a hand!

I know mostly Maya 2013+, but I've had my hand on some other software as well. I'd recommend checking out Blender. I don't know it very well but it is *free* and very powerful!

Not very good with textures though I know a bit about UV-mapping and the like. As for packaging for D:OS and what demands they have on the meshes and what textures they use and so on, I have no idea. This information would be crucial to any project we undertake. If Lar truly wants to support modding they will probably share those details in the future, right Larian? *nudge, nudge* *wink, wink*

My Skype name is Ellesarathmoonsnow.

Edit: Now i'm all excited, DL'n Blender. Gotta learn me some interface stuff :O

Edit nr2: I've been into Blender for half an hour now, getting to know the interface. Bit confusing atm but I'm sure it will clear up ^^

Last edited by Ithiloneth; 12/02/14 07:03 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard