Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
VerySpethal #481572 06/02/14 06:38 PM
veteran
veteran
Oh damn, I'm slow.

I just got the pun with Original Sin, taboo and twins, lel.

Kein #481628 07/02/14 09:50 AM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Excuse me for my english ...

I think the game "original sin" is created as an old-school RPG for people who remember and love the game produced 10-20 years ago .
I am such a person , and I like quite adequate person absolutely do not need any romantic quests and the like unnecessary elements in the gameplay .
I want to remind you that the game provides two characters ( male and female ) , and if I ( like many ) play with a friend , the role women played in the romantic scene of two adults and friends in real life would look like at least ridiculous.
Please do not descend to "mass effect" ...

And just want to ask a question on this topic :
In the current version of the game at character creation there is a column - "sex"
If I remember correctly what the characters are given to us ready and then a prerequisite (one - man , one - woman ) but what if this graph ?
Personally, I would be very desirable to play with a friend created the two male characters . I understand that the fixed characters needed for the script and do not apply for this opportunity ... but still want to hear your comment about this ... thanks

Muslim #481629 07/02/14 10:02 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Muslim

I think the game "original sin" is created as an old-school RPG for people who remember and love the game produced 10-20 years ago .
I am such a person , and I like quite adequate person absolutely do not need any romantic quests and the like unnecessary elements in the gameplay .
I want to remind you that the game provides two characters ( male and female ) , and if I ( like many ) play with a friend , the role women played in the romantic scene of two adults and friends in real life would look like at least ridiculous.

In the current version of the game at character creation there is a column - "sex"
If I remember correctly what the characters are given to us ready and then a prerequisite (one - man , one - woman ) but what if this graph ?
Personally, I would be very desirable to play with a friend created the two male characters . I understand that the fixed characters needed for the script and do not apply for this opportunity ... but still want to hear your comment about this ... thanks

If I'm not mistaken, the two character can be female or male. There is no fixed gender in the story.

Althor #481642 07/02/14 01:51 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
What if the 'sex' button no longer meant gender, but was rather a 'yes or no' prompt? x3
Just kidding =P

Muslim #481654 07/02/14 05:58 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Muslim

Don't worry, sexual/love relationships never was the key part of Larian's RPGs. As Swen mentioned, there probably will be simple romance and ONLY if you and/or your partner decided to build relationships of the characters in such a way, but it is not an essential part of the game.

I think this is a pretty good stance on this aspect.

VerySpethal #482272 11/02/14 05:09 PM
addict
addict
wait wait wait, there might really be romance in the game? Sex is a for sure no, companies cannot do it without some kinda religious group hate bashin their product. But if there is romance options for NPCs throught the game and the player characters. YAY \o/

Althor #482283 11/02/14 09:35 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Male or Female on both PC's? So you can play with two females as your main characters?

LeBurns #482290 11/02/14 10:03 PM
Support
Support

Yes.

Raze #482303 12/02/14 01:35 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Relations of that kind do not fit well with my previous Larian experiences. I'd prefer not having that int he game. Romance though might work, as an optional kinda thing. The theme doesn't bother me, I just don't think it is something worth spending much time on as there are other games out there with a dedication to do that sort of thing really well. Here it would have to be rushed in, and might end up a bit weird.

Romance: Yes.
Sex: No.

Ithiloneth #482308 12/02/14 02:02 AM
veteran
veteran
To be fair, there was the "special treatment" room of the brothel in Divine Divinity. (They only git away with that one because the publisher never found out about it.)

But yeah, I don't really think that even a hypothetical romance ending of the game would go any farther than a kiss at most, and I think that's fine.

Stabbey #482324 12/02/14 10:10 AM
veteran
veteran
Even if there will be romance it probably will be handled with usual Larian's humor.

Kein #482332 12/02/14 01:20 PM
A
addict
addict
A
There is one thing that I find rather weird in that earlier dev statement about romance between protagonists - with the way the dialogue system currently works you're basically choosing lines between them yourself. It's like talking to yourself. Certainly, it's fun when you're playng multiplayer, but is rather awkward in singleplayer. So I'd like to know more about the supposedly planned option to have second character in dialogues as an AI. Will there be several personalities for it? Or just Yes Man and No Man? Having only these two would be bad because in case of:
Yes Man - You won't be able to get traits different from your first character.
No Man - You won't be able to get same traits as your first character, and probably won't be able to have that aformentioned romance.
I think it would be better if there were several personalities available. One option would be to make them based on archetype classes, like:
Rogue - materialistic, mercenary type (would be inclined to choose lines that raise sneaking, barter, reason etc.)
Paladin - altruistic, spiritual type (would raise charm, leadership, willpower etc.)
Mage - bookworm type (would raise lore mastery, elementalist schools etc.)
Survivalist - tinkering, crafty type (would raise crafting, repair etc.)
And so on. The idea behind it is that it would provide the AI character with a solid personality, not a spineless Yes Man, or "arguing for the sake of arguing" No Man.
And I think that romance should not be affected by agreeing or disagreeing in general dialogues. Because there is a saying that opposites attract and such. There should be an explicit option to start or not to start romance when the opportunity arises and romance dialogues should probably be a separate thing. I've seen enough of BioWare romances to know that being ninjamanced and "mixing work with personal life" aka. choices in quests affecting romances is not a very fun thing. Anyone still remembers that "Morrigan disapproves" meme from DA?

Last edited by Aramintai; 12/02/14 01:33 PM.
Aramintai #482342 12/02/14 06:54 PM
Support
Support

There will be personality profiles you can set the non-lead character to answer by, or set it to random.

Raze #482345 12/02/14 07:29 PM
old hand
old hand
Random. Hum. Sounds like someone I know.

VerySpethal #482358 12/02/14 10:32 PM
S
S
The game has two player Co-Op. What you get up to in private games is your own business...

bloodninja: Oh yeah, aight. Aight, I put on my robe and wizard hat.

SteamUser #482383 13/02/14 01:17 PM
veteran
veteran
I believe in DoS you literally can do that.

Well.

You sure can put on Wizard pants... if you backed the game :3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard