Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
apprentice
Thought I'd go in and second this a little:

1. Custom names

2. Custom faces

3. Custom bodies (or physiques, especially height). This might be unreasonable though, I understand this can require quite a bit of work!

4. Custom base Stats, lets spend *all* them points! Start at 0 or 1 with maybe a 10 cap at creation?

5. Reforging, (this is a bit of topic) with Crafting one could be able to switch the model of one item with the model of another item of the same type. Might seem silly but I really get attached to some item models XD

Last edited by Ithiloneth; 12/02/14 01:30 AM.
veteran
veteran
Hmm....

Hide the Helmed??? Why??? Only to see the hair in the game? You can drop you helm in the City to impress the dwellers but in combat?

The face and hair in an ISO-Style game isn't so importand!
Its fun to see the magical pumpkin helmed!
But why to see the hair during a figth?
Maybe the enemy will have charity with you female character or fall in love with her and so he forgot to hit???
We don't play "the sims"

Custom Bodies or races? I think you can't go as an Ork-type in a City fighting orks!! It must be humans, all other races will be suspicius in the town.

Last edited by Alix; 12/02/14 07:45 AM.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Alix
Hmm....

Hide the Helmed??? Why??? Only to see the hair in the game? You can drop you helm in the City to impress the dwellers but in combat?

The face and hair in an ISO-Style game isn't so importand!
Its fun to see the magical pumpkin helmed!
But why to see the hair during a figth?
Maybe the enemy will have charity with you female character or fall in love with her and so he forgot to hit???
We don't play "the sims"

Custom Bodies or races? I think you can't go as an Ork-type in a City fighting orks!! It must be humans, all other races will be suspicius in the town.

you are rather angry person O.O no one said anything about love, it is a visual enjoyment. Not everyone likes to look at helmets. I personally am a very visual gamer. When a game and my characters are fun for me to look at~ well I play longer. Right now the maps are amazing~ just wanna get my character looking somewhat how I like.

veteran
veteran
Oh no! not angry, only a little bit practical! wink

I'am also a "very visual gamer"! But what you see must be somewhat real and usefull!

I never wan't to figth in Bikini (for the machogamers) and without a helm (for the sims-users)!

Maybe in the city there can be a clothing shop where you can buy Bikinis, and so the clothings and the long hair may have an effect on the prices of the Shops or on Charisma.

But figthing with open hair? The enemy will make some Little Fireball and you head is burning! Nice picture!
Your mage will send rain and then "heal" on you head and then you figth as bald headed woman. wink

Originally Posted by Ellary

When a game and my characters are fun for me to look at~ well I play longer. Right now the maps are amazing~ just wanna get my character looking somewhat how I like.

I like to play as long as I don't fall asleep! I must help so many peoples! I must save a world!! I must look in every chest! Talk with everybody! No time to sleep! No time for hair dressing!

Sometimes I whish the Monsters are not so scary. They shoud have nice hair and bikinis!

Last edited by Alix; 12/02/14 07:07 PM.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm another one who likes invisible helmets: I just like to see my characters. I like my armour to look reasonably realistic (or at least practical, even if not entirely authentic) but I'm not a fan of helmets simply because that's my aesthetic preference. Obviously IRL I'd rather not be clonked on the head with a heavy object, but in a world where magic prevails, I see no problem with invisibility. smile

J'aime le fromage.
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Oh no! not angry, only a little bit practical! wink

I'am also a "very visual gamer"! But what you see must be somewhat real and usefull!

I never wan't to figth in Bikini (for the machogamers) and without a helm (for the sims-users)!

Maybe in the city there can be a clothing shop where you can buy Bikinis, and so the clothings and the long hair may have an effect on the prices of the Shops or on Charisma.

But figthing with open hair? The enemy will make some Little Fireball and you head is burning! Nice picture!
Your mage will send rain and then "heal" on you head and then you figth as bald headed woman. wink

When a game and my characters are fun for me to look at~ well I play longer. Right now the maps are amazing~ just wanna get my character looking somewhat how I like.

I like to play as long as I don't fall asleep! I must help so many peoples! I must save a world!! I must look in every chest! Talk with everybody! No time to sleep! No time for hair dressing!

Sometimes I whish the Monsters are not so scary. They shoud have nice hair and bikinis!

Sims? where do you get sims being mixed with Divinity?...you do understand my suggestion was an option for hiding the helm? as in players can choose to use it. Why would it harm your game if there is an option for it? So much hate n negativity on these forums.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Vometia
I'm another one who likes invisible helmets: I just like to see my characters. I like my armour to look reasonably realistic (or at least practical, even if not entirely authentic) but I'm not a fan of helmets simply because that's my aesthetic preference. Obviously IRL I'd rather not be clonked on the head with a heavy object, but in a world where magic prevails, I see no problem with invisibility. smile

See a perfect reason for why a helm can be invis ^_^

veteran
veteran
I never see a figher who select his helm using aesthetic preferences. ouch
So much hate n negativity on these forums.

cheer
No hate, no negativity! Look at the smilies! Maybe my english is to bad, to explain, what I wan't to say.

I only astonished, that such things like hairstyling are importand for some CRPG players! If I play the role of an figther, my characters had to look like figthers. If I play sims maybe the hair is importend (Don't know - I never play sims!)

I look only for the stats of the armour and weapons, not if the armor Looks compatible to the sword.
Its fun to see the pumpkin helmed. But I would waer it, if this helmet has the best stats in the game. Not afraid, that this helmet will kill my hairstyling. wink

But maybe I'am not a not in the mainstream... In real live I also buy fittig shoes, no higth heels.

Last edited by Alix; 13/02/14 06:27 AM.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
apprentice
apprentice
Well most people are pragmatic in the manner that the item must be fit for purpose; a shoe must allow you to walk the distance you need to go and a armor must supply you enough protection to allow for battles with opponents of the level you expect to face. After those needs have been met many like to go for items they think look good, myself included. This is where the helmet thing comes in, since the character often has a well made face/hair some people prefer to see the character's face. There can be several reasons for this; facial animations, aesthetic preferences or maybe because it helps separate your character in armor x form another character wearing the same gear.

In D:OS it seems to me only reason two stands, aesthetic preference. This is not to be looked down upon nor disregarded, especially not when it comes to a simple off/on switch. There is no reason for a dev not to do this beyond ideological opinion, which Larian has shown with some of their semi useful armor, that they *appear to* indeed hold the same opinion as Ellary on this matter.

So I say "what's the harm?". It won't take any serious dev time, and if I don't like it I can just turn helmets on. Who knows, maybe I find a helmet I don't like sometime and would rather go without, this has happened to me before.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I never see a figher who select his helm using aesthetic preferences. ouch
So much hate n negativity on these forums.

cheer
No hate, no negativity! Look at the smilies! Maybe my english is to bad, to explain, what I wan't to say.

I only astonished, that such things like hairstyling are importand for some CRPG players! If I play the role of an figther, my characters had to look like figthers. If I play sims maybe the hair is importend (Don't know - I never play sims!)

I look only for the stats of the armour and weapons, not if the armor Looks compatible to the sword.
Its fun to see the pumpkin helmed. But I would waer it, if this helmet has the best stats in the game. Not afraid, that this helmet will kill my hairstyling. wink

But maybe I'am not a not in the mainstream... In real live I also buy fittig shoes, no higth heels.

I just do not understand why you think I should be forced to play like you? I do not see how any option to hide the helmet does harm to your game.... I pay money to play a game, I think it is ok I put up suggestions. I try and keep my suggestions simple and not damaging to other players.

I will admit..I am picky when it comes to my game characters. So yes big clunky helmets and hoods bother me. Specially when I am trying to make a light flowing looking appearance for my water mage.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Ithiloneth
Well most people are pragmatic in the manner that the item must be fit for purpose; a shoe must allow you to walk the distance you need to go and a armor must supply you enough protection to allow for battles with opponents of the level you expect to face. After those needs have been met many like to go for items they think look good, myself included. This is where the helmet thing comes in, since the character often has a well made face/hair some people prefer to see the character's face. There can be several reasons for this; facial animations, aesthetic preferences or maybe because it helps separate your character in armor x form another character wearing the same gear.

In D:OS it seems to me only reason two stands, aesthetic preference. This is not to be looked down upon nor disregarded, especially not when it comes to a simple off/on switch. There is no reason for a dev not to do this beyond ideological opinion, which Larian has shown with some of their semi useful armor, that they *appear to* indeed hold the same opinion as Ellary on this matter.

So I say "what's the harm?". It won't take any serious dev time, and if I don't like it I can just turn helmets on. Who knows, maybe I find a helmet I don't like sometime and would rather go without, this has happened to me before.

Thank you hug that is what I mean, it would be an option and not forced on anyone.

veteran
veteran

I just do not understand why you think I should be forced to play like you? I do not see how any option to hide the helmet does harm to your game.... I pay money to play a game, I think it is ok I put up suggestions. I try and keep my suggestions simple and not damaging to other players.

Sorry, I don't wan't to harm or disgusting you! (Hope the dictionary translate that correct.)
I'am only supprised.

Maybe I'am to old? The first RPG I played about 1993 (Ultima Underworld)
My latest daughter (25 years) offen tells me, that I don't understand the new game generation, where grafic Counts sometimes as much as the substance/Content.

I like this game, as I like all other Larian games before. There are so many chest to open, so many easter eggs to find, so much text to read, its great! ...
Like the good old Ultima games before... for instance in Ultima Underworld II, where I found "a book about Madonna" in a chest of an old wizzard.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

Dunno about too old: I'm 46 this year and have been playing video games since a lad down our street got Pong in the '70s (which I hated, for the record). I know gamers who are much older than me for whom aesthetics are equally important. People just have different priorities, no big deal really.

My personal peeve along similar lines is that I tend to be somewhat uppity about unrealistic swords since I collect them IRL: I don't really object if the Divinity series has some that are a bit "flamboyant", even though I personally find them as ugly as they are impractical.

J'aime le fromage.
Originally Posted by Vometia

Of course, the issue with that idea is that if the helmet can enchanted to be invisible, the chainmail bikini can also be excused as a selective invisibility enchantment...

(Disclaimer: I think the chainmail bikini stuff is dumb but I don't really care about whether or not helmet display can be turned on or off.)

Last edited by NeutroniumDragon; 13/02/14 07:36 PM.
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

Sorry, I don't wan't to harm or disgusting you! (Hope the dictionary translate that correct.)
I'am only supprised.

My latest daughter (25 years) offen tells me, that I don't understand the new game generation, where grafic Counts sometimes as much as the substance/Content.

I like this game, as I like all other Larian games before. There are so many chest to open, so many easter eggs to find, so much text to read, its great! ...
Like the good old Ultima games before... for instance in Ultima Underworld II, where I found "a book about Madonna" in a chest of an old wizzard.

Classic gamer here also, I used to just deal with how characters looked. But with how graphics are done now. They can easily make options. I know a few gamers who are older then I am, who also look appearance options. As others said all personal choice. ^-^ so an option to hide, will not harm any ones game. hug Alix

veteran
veteran
think
If it is not the Age - I'am 54 - so maybe my Profession have made me somewhat diffrent. (I'am mathematician)
Hairstyling is not so importand for all those possible game calculations!
welcome

So lets wait! Knowing that the Larians will do their very best.

Last edited by Alix; 14/02/14 07:48 AM.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
think
If it is not the Age - I'am 54 - so maybe my Profession have made me somewhat diffrent. (I'am mathematician)

Computer programmer and sysadmin here. :p And one who's obsessed with shoes and realistic swords! biggrin

Edit: oh God, I've just noticed my avatar has the Divinity Anthology sitting on the shelf right behind me: I swear I didn't do that deliberately! suspicion

Last edited by Vometia; 14/02/14 01:53 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
v143 has added some hair options. One of them is slightly longer than shoulder-length hair.

A (big) problem I've noted is that the camera is too far away from the character models in the character creation menu (and in-game, for that matter) to even SEE the difference between face models.

We ought to be able to zoom in much close in character creation, and the camera should auto-zoom up close on the character when in the inventory.

As with most things, I feel silly pointing these problems out, as I'm sure the developers are all well aware. Honestly, the only they're doing that genuinely worries me is how frequently they're updating the alpha.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
v143 has added some hair options. One of them is slightly longer than shoulder-length hair.

Its a step in the right direction!! would love to a true long simple hair ^-^

Also curious, how come the male can go milky white skin..but the female can only go Med tan?

oh oh and I love the robe for the female now! I was scared it would be all macho looking and bulky, but its super cute mage robe.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard