Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
journeyman
journeyman
Hi I have something to add:
overall BUGS:
! attacking the legionnaires in the orc fight get's no combat triggered
! killing the same legionnaires gets no XP, only the last which went to the bridge to look after the drunk ones triggers 500 or 550 XP(quickwitted)
! also encountered the trading bug with clicking a person to speak with but the char goes only so far to trigger the conversation, but it's to far for trading - that's annoying
! using waypoints now leads to only the triggering char to be displaced not also the chained partymembers!! (homestead not tested so far) edit: homestead works as intended, also the waypoints there work with all chained partymembers)

not implemented (yet ??):
- the attitude of citizen/legionaires/vendors ... is not altered
-- while doing area attacks which don't always trigger combat
-- after helping to save the burning ship
-- after getting the legionnaires in the warehouse to start a fighting "conversation" (also no XP for doing so while stealing all)
edit2:
-- after helping the three sailors to find a new job (sailors and captain both are attitude 0!!)
-- coming to cecil while using the pyramide

only stealing gets you a -10 attitude
boosting attitude is 200gp per 10 attitude (in previous alpha you could get discounts with more gp)
conversations can lead to changed attitude (lord in the inn -50, vendor after fish thief encounter no steal +50)

- crafting / using items / prices (prices after crafting or uses of itemcombinations are lower than before):
-- wheat (17gp) is really worth more gold than Flour (3gp)
-- feather and quill are worth the same (17gp)
-- Potato and cold fries are worth the same (3gp)
-- needle (1gp) + Thread (2gp) makes needle&thread worth 2gp !
-- bucket (5gp) with "empty" barrel or well makes bucket with water (3gp)
!!! BUG: there are water barrels but they could not be used to fill up mugs, cups or buckets only empty barrels can be used to do so
Oil barrels work fine with cups though

-- empty mug or cup (3gp) + oil/water gets cup of oil(3gp)/water(1gp!!!)
!!!BUG: I did fill up an empty MUG and get a filled CUP, using up the contained fluid leads always to an empty cup regardless of the beginning cup/mug

-- branch (80gp) only makes 1! arrowshaft for 3gp!! it should be possible to get more arrowshafts out of a branch which could be made into a spear/quarterstaff etc

-- making arrowheads out of antler and tooth (both 17gp):
tooth gets you standard arrowhead for 3gp!!!
antler gets you an knock down arrowhead for 20gp - ok

!!!BUG: with crafting same item over itself still works

!!!BUG: crafting in trade menu does trigger the crafting after leaving the conversation (me thinks even after selling the needed items - not confirmed!)

!!!BUG: crafting in the inventory of a not active playercharacter leads to unexpected crafting after activating the char way later in game (no mapchange done so far)

+++WISH: while beeing in trade-modus I can't display inventory to get something from your other chars - I have to leave trading and then I can rearrange items and then back to trade menu

all other crafting not done so far or are plausible (crafting skill 0/1/2)

-- using barter now works with +10% per Skillpoint (my char has barter 2 so +20% selling, no discountes on buying)
!!!BUG or wanted exploit?? selling to a 100 attitude person gets you 240 for a 200 worth item and you can buy it back for 200 and resell it for 240 .... (I don't have higher priced items but that should work too)

It is really good to change the vendors inventory for each visit, so you can't decide to wait till later to buy it, now you have to buy it or it's not there in the next visit ;P
!!!BUG or wanted?? your sold items stay - it gets a little awkward after selling more than 50 bottles and plates to find the new wares to be offered

Last edited by Rainer; 15/02/14 12:17 PM. Reason: another no attitude change

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
@Cromcrom, Well it does bug if you use my old way, attempt to steal, try to trade using the dialog you get. So yeah there it still bugs, it should work in both ways.

Last edited by xardas22; 15/02/14 11:08 AM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
OMG, are you aware that some devs may have spent time, hopefully not too much, looking into your "bug" ?
Maybe a stupid waste of time and energy because you didn't read the trade tutorial :-(

I'm pretty sure that Larian understands that honest mistakes and misunderstandings are going to be inevitable when the public gets their hands on the game. And right now, there is no menu section for tutorial messages, so there's no way to go back and look up ones you've passed if you've forgotten something, other than literally going back to before you triggered it the first time.

old hand
old hand
Good stuff here. Thanks gang.

About the Lighthouse fight: bosses have special powers, but there are ways to stop them from executing them. The combat log should give hints, and we are adding enemy comments (where it makes sense) so you know what is happening when (and why).

Tweeting @forktong
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- The 'Flare' spell book in Arhu's laboratory (the on on his desk) is still labeled 'Minor Flare'

- You can't get back on the beach from that position even though you should?
[Linked Image]

- As mentioned in another post robes make the body disappear.
[Linked Image]

- The vendor inventory changes depending on which character is trading with the vendor. It not only affects the amount of items and the gold but the stats of the items as well as seen in the screenshots below. For scarlet the amulet had +hearing & sight stats while for Roderik it has +intimidate & sight. The final vendor inventory outcome depends on who was the last person trading with that vendor as this change only happens once for each character.
Scarlet talked to the vendor first
[Linked Image]

after that Roderik
[Linked Image]

- Quick saves seem to be somewhat broken because sometimes they don't load the correct save state. And i am not sure if its intended to have multiple quick saves?
This save game loaded the state shown in 'QuickSave_2'.
[Linked Image]

While 'QuickSave_2' loaded the state shown in the image above from 'QuickSave_4'.
[Linked Image]

- Sometime the charcter portraits disappear during a conversation.
[Linked Image]

- Gained traits doesn't show up in the history log.

- The talent 'Fleetfooted' and 'Rosy-cheeked' grant the same effect even though their descriptions suggest something different.

Edit: Is there a way to embed images from steam? The img tag functionality is somewhat underwhelming regarding image sources.

Last edited by Loadrunner; 17/02/14 12:26 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Another bug I didn't see mentioned in here:
- when Madora has a onehanded weapon and a shield equipped and you do change in combat to a 2handed sword (rightclicking it for 2AP the singlehanded weapon appears in the inventory but the shield is GONE!! not in inventory not lying on the ground!!

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
S
S
Originally Posted by Loadrunner

- The vendor inventory changes depending on which character is trading with the vendor. It not only affects the amount of items and the gold but the stats of the items as well as seen in the screenshots below. For scarlet the amulet had +hearing & sight stats while for Roderik it has +intimidate & sight. The final vendor inventory outcome depends on who was the last person trading with that vendor as this change only happens once for each character.

Vendor items change each level anyhow ~ the stuff offered is scaled to your level. You can also save-scumm it, changes on each reload.

Working as intended, imo.

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

The trait rewards for the "Kitty Love" quest are incorrect; selecting the romantic options (i.e. "she would have loved him anyhow") gives +1 pragmatic. Not only this, they aren't actually added.

In addition, the actual item "Sam's Collar" isn't removed from your inventory.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

Skill / Spell requirements are only checked on learning the spell, not usage. Aka it's easy to load up on +bonus gear, learn skills, then swap back to normal class items. While I understand the reason for this in that you can lose bonuses via traits, it's fairly easy to :cheese:, especially for summons and certain movement skills where the skill bonuses to damage aren't important.

As an aside, this goes for items where you are just looking for the +skill bonuses. e.g. my mage twinked into a sword that gives +1 int, +1 dex, +1 fire, +1 water - it is greyed out & unusable, but the bonuses still apply.

~

Bug - Graphics

Priority - Medium

Skin for large spider source mob + spawns wasn't displaying for me; the texture is simply grey. This is the only texture error I've seen so far.

Originally Posted by Rainer
Another bug I didn't see mentioned in here:
- when Madora has a onehanded weapon and a shield equipped and you do change in combat to a 2handed sword (rightclicking it for 2AP the singlehanded weapon appears in the inventory but the shield is GONE!! not in inventory not lying on the ground!!

Not a bug - the shield re-appears as equipped once you put a 1H weapon back on. See above for likely reasons.

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Medium

A fairly large chunk of suffix/prefix bonuses for items simply aren't functioning. i.e. <prefix>La de Da<suffix> and the item is pure AC (low at that). This is particularly bad for boots.

Note: this might simply be that low level gear +mods are so small it's unnoticeable.

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low / Medium

I wasn't able to pick up the inert stone from Black Cove [pirates]; I'm unsure whether or not this is important, visa vie Homestead / Imp quests.

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

There's two items with the ID "Minor Healing Potion". The common one stacks - the second rare one has a yellow / black bottle icon. Seems to be useless duplication?

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium / High

At some point (I think on un-equipping some boots +1 reflex) the skill disappeared for all characters. I simply don't have the skill reflexes on my char sheets. Putting the boots of +1 reflexes back on doesn't remedy this (!!)

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low / Medium

With the re-vamp of the mirror'd Earth, Air, Water, Fire lever puzzles, the north section correctly follows the sequence outlined in the north section and has the correct verbal prompts each time.

The south section doesn't - it works, but the verbal prompts aren't in the correct order.

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Medium

Rather irritatingly, if you open the "headless Nick" quest before talking and/or completing the "Warming the crowd"... you cannot interact with the skull at all. Can't talk to it, can't steal it - looks like a borked trigger (a la Cecil upstairs).

Last edited by SteamUser; 15/02/14 02:22 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
BUG or wanted?
Healing potions in combat are only healing temporary for 2 turns (minor) that has cost me 2 chars frown

Healing potions outside combat heal permanent?!

edit: the died characters are following as graveplates through waypoints in homestead (arriving at homestead and to the Hall of heroes) but have no name on them so ressurrecting the right one is a 33% Chance with 3 dead??!

oh: your inventory can be exchanged regardless of dead or alive
now I can ressurect 2 of them - Yay wink

Last edited by Rainer; 15/02/14 01:48 PM.

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by SteamUser

Vendor items change each level anyhow ~ the stuff offered is scaled to your level. You can also save-scumm it, changes on each reload.

Working as intended, imo.

Actually you misunderstood what i wanted to describe. The changing vendor stock depending on level ups is not what i meant.
What i mean is the first time you approach someone you can trade with (initiate trade), his trade inventory is generated. But if you talk to the same person with the other of your two characters his inventory is regenerated again. The two screenshots i linked where made one after the other merely seconds between both of em.

journeyman
journeyman
Reflexes are shown while creating characters but in game reflexes are gone and you can craft items which boost reflexes with magic chicken foot

Last edited by Rainer; 15/02/14 02:22 PM.

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
journeyman
journeyman
minor bug: it is still possible to make a quarterstaff with 1 or 2 branches, but with the same stats
another minor bug: in Esmeraldas cellar I found something that looked like a "unlock" scroll or something similar but without a name or a description. Also, I was not able to use it.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Razzmann; 15/02/14 02:31 PM.

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
1) Skeleton embedded in the floor under the lighthouse, at (x:727, y:183)

2) Approching Jake’s grave, Roddy said “Careful, I spotted a trap!” Maybe he did, but I sure couldn’t find it. If there is a trap around there, ignore this. Another time this happened at (x:114, y:83), on the beach west of the harbour gates. I still didn't see a trap.

3) The Giant Orc Warrior’s fireball barrage attack is impressive – but his aim is so poor that he wiped out half of his own troops without my assistance. ( I approached from the east side, not the south) He sets himself on fire with it sometimes. That's not really working very well. He cast it nearly every turn, but he only actually hit one of my party members with it ONCE. The rest of the time, he hit walls or other orcs.

4) Blood is flammable? The Giant Orc's fireball spell set blood on fire according to the combat log.

5) Using Fire on Ice surface produces Fire surface. Using Ice on Fire Surface produces Ice surface. Both should produce a water surface. I consider this a major gameplay issue.

6) When the giant orc trooper used Fear on Madora, the battle log started constantly spamming “Madora: 2 AP Points preserved”. That stopped after the Far wore off. I have not actually tested to see if that also happens with Madora's version of Fear yet.

7) Despite Madora being in “Fear” status, with the icon by her portrait and the symbol over her head, and her saving throw against Fear failed, I could still control her perfectly.

8) +Armour seems to be a very common bonus on magical equipment. It seems a bit more common than I'd think it would be. This may be working as intended, though.

9) Lore: I counted like 4 dead Female orcs on the beach west of Cyseal. There's also the Charmed one in the harbour. A pretty recent Lore update mentions that female orcs are really, really rare:

An orc female can bear 3-7 cubs once a year, and once every three years on average a single female is born. Which is a ratio of between 1:12 (8.33%) to 1:21 (4.76%). That is only 4-8 of out of every 100 Orcs will be female. Scores [20’s] of orc males will willingly die to save the life of a single orc female. 5 Orc females in the same attack on Cyseal is really too much.

- You can't get back on the beach from that position even though you should?

Yeah, a lot of surfaces look like you should be able to walk up them, but you can't. I do find that annoying. I suspect that one reason for that is they don't want enemies dying on there, because their bodies would appear to be floating.

- The talent 'Fleetfooted' and 'Rosy-cheeked' grant the same effect even though their descriptions suggest something different.

They're also a bit underwhelming. Even though Max AP is now determined based on CON, making +Max AP more attractive, I think that at least one of those should give +1 Recovery AP per turn. (Maybe the other gives +1 Initial Turn AP?)

BUG or wanted?
Healing potions in combat are only healing temporary for 2 turns (minor) that has cost me 2 chars frown

To clarify - Are you trying to say that you used a healing potion, which restored some health, but two turns later - without being hit, and without taking damage from burning/poison, the health vanished and you died?

Last edited by Stabbey; 15/02/14 06:26 PM. Reason: orc barrage
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey

4) I saw a poisoned undead swordsman who was transparent green. I don’t think he should be see through because he’s poisoned. He might have been out of my line of sight, if that would explain it.

Update on this bug: A Wet Giant Orc Trooper also appeared translucent. I think I know the cause: At the time, both of these enemies were technically out of my characters line of sight, but the shader showed up, even though the body did not.

journeyman
journeyman

BUG or wanted?

To clarify - Are you trying to say that you used a healing potion, which restored some health, but two turns later - without being hit, and without taking damage from burning/poison, the health vanished and you died?

yes, after using minor potion to restore to full HP, I got some hits from skeleton archer, but after 3 turns I lost all gained HP back down to the HP before using the potion and because I was hit in this turn my char died and she was never poisoned nor burning

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
journeyman
journeyman
- neither undead mages nor undead bombers do anything in combat until you hit them or make them wet (or change their status effect in any other way)
-sound bug?: when undeads are hit they make sounds like "normal" people. I don't know whether this is intended, a placeholder oder bug
-bug?: when talking to madora/jahan/rotherick/scarlett I control him/her after the conversation instead of the character I played before talking

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

yes, after using minor potion to restore to full HP, I got some hits from skeleton archer, but after 3 turns I lost all gained HP back down to the HP before using the potion and because I was hit in this turn my char died and she was never poisoned nor burning

Generally when you get hit, you take damage. Health potions are a one-use item. They heal you when taken and then they stop. That might have changed in this patch since the potion icon persists, but you losing health after taking damage makes it hard to determine if it actually is some kind of bug.

Personally, I think nothing is wrong and you just were shot normally and died in the expected way when several enemies focus fire on you.

journeyman
journeyman

Generally when you get hit, you take damage. Health potions are a one-use item. They heal you when taken and then they stop. That might have changed in this patch since the potion icon persists, but you losing health after taking damage makes it hard to determine if it actually is some kind of bug.

Personally, I think nothing is wrong and you just were shot normally and died in the expected way when several enemies focus fire on you.

I attacked other skelletons beside me and didn't notice the potion timeout. And then I was only shot by one archer and he killed me with one hit after loosing the HP from the minor potion (e.g. 12 HP of 159 were left after the potion timed out!) then the archer hit another partymember. the turn before with minor potion active I had 159of159HP and hits in that turn
did not decrease my HP from 159 to 12
I'll try to redo a fight and can tell more tomorrow

Last edited by Rainer; 15/02/14 06:15 PM.

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
B
B
More or less finished the alpha in v1.0.143.0, so here's my final bug report for this build:

- During the orc fight on the beach, the event log kept spamming that Madora had preserved her AP for some reason.
[Linked Image]

- As reported by Stabbey, the Giant Orc tends to cause a lot of friendly fire. This is probably working as intended, but he might be a little too trigger-happy.
- My warrior got stuck trying to telekinetically move a barrel in the Black Cove:
[Linked Image]

Eventually I had Scarlett destroy the barrel, but this led to an animation glitch where my characters started gliding around. Scarlett even ended up in a normally inaccessible part of the map. However, everything somehow ended up back to normal somehow without having to reload.
I've also noticed in general that trying to move crates/barrels down stairs or to different elevations (telekinetically?) can cause your character to briefly freeze.
- I still can't click and drag the painting with the hidden button behind it. I have to manually destroy it. Is this working as intended?
- When you go down to the Black Cove Harbor, your character's flavor comment reads 'this slope is oiler than an impish handshake', I think that should be 'oilier'. Also, I think nearly everyone will have set the oil on fire by the time the flavor dialogue gets triggered, so perhaps the trigger should be placed somewhere else.
- Ice walls can make it very difficult to melee-click on enemies trapped in them. At first I thought this was intentional, but you actually can click on them if you move your cursor and camera around a bit. Perhaps a targeting or auto-highlighting system (e.g. by pressing Tab) could help solve this?
- The ghost pirates Lily and Jasmin have been given male combat sound effects, even though they are presumably supposed to be female.
- The Indestructible talent doesn't show up in your modifier list when you hover over your Armor Rating, even though it is taken into account for the total displayed amount. The Warlord talent has the exact opposite issue, where it doesn't increase your total stated Damage but the 10% boost is displayed in your modifier list.
- My sound effects and music randomly disappeared halfway through the Black Cove. Reloading fixed this.
- This is more of a general remark than a bug: the Source Nightmare shows up rather abruptly after the Source Horror crab. And with Desdemona standing five meters away, you kind of get the immersion-breaking feeling that a bunch of quest resolutions were crammed into this one area. The Source Nightmare is also lacking textures, but I assume this is still a work in progress.
- I still cannot talk to Madora after sending Desdemona to the lighthouse, even though she has a yellow exclamation mark above her head. Again, only time I've encountered this bug during the current playthrough.
- The waypoint shrine in the hall of heroes, behind your air/earth elemental vendor, doesn't work.
- During the dialogue between Unsinkable Sam and Maxine after you return Sam's collar, Maxine still exclaims 'you are tom of means after all', it's missing the word 'a'.
- As mentioned in previous bug reports, Sam's collar is still in your inventory after you've completed his quest.
- Kelvania constantly spams the event log if you're near the marketplace, I assume she was incorrectly flagged since this isn't the case for any of the other marketplace visitors/vendors:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Bittereinder; 15/02/14 06:19 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
-Kelvania seems to be confused about protagonists' gender now:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Barter icon sometimes doesn't work.
-Mobile kitchen still has no icon.
-Quicksaving and loading still breaks npcs routines.

-When you click on the npc by the boat at the harbor his dialogue window is shifted to other npc north of him:
[Linked Image]

-Indicators are not glowing properly (black inside):
[Linked Image]

-Confusing book descriptions - am I supposed to get a Rush skill or Battering ram (gives the latter)?
[Linked Image]

-Interior rooms also have markers on the map:
[Linked Image]

-Some ingridients like herbs show up in the wrong inventory tab (consumables):
[Linked Image]

-Reflexes ability is gone from the Survivor tree after you start the game:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Aramintai; 15/02/14 11:43 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
In the morticians shop if you move the pot next to the door on the lower level the pot moves but the flowers in the pot float in mid air.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard