Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
veteran
veteran
Drag the item over the other item. Eventually there will be more feedback on if a crafting is impossible or if you're too low a level for it, possibly even an entire new interface for crafting.

A
stranger
stranger
A
OK, I will try this ... I tried with an ordinary Mushroom and an empty healing potion and it did not work.
Thank you

veteran
veteran
I think you need Crafting 1 to make a small healing potion, and even then you need the right kind of mushroom.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Update 1.0.114:
Branch + Branch = Staff (random) Can still be made with only 1 branch.

journeyman
journeyman
it's the same with wool, sinew, all kind of bar's (iron, steel, not silver, there is no large bar

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
Does making a spear with dagger and branch require some skill in crafting now? I couldn't make it, the result was the same as with knife - arrow shaft.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Rainer
it's the same with wool, sinew, all kind of bar's (iron, steel, not silver, there is no large bar

Yeah anything that requires two of the same item works this way. It originally caused the game to crash and since they fixed that bug this issue has arisen.

Rope + Lid of Barrel = Shield
Hair + Hair = Thread

I had to start a new game to test this Spear thing out. At 0 level in crafting using a dagger on a branch had a "Not enough crafting" appear over character. Upon giving the items to a person with 1 in crafting I received a spear. Test with 0-3 in crafting. 1-3 created a spear of increasing power as craft level increased. Tested using the bloody dagger from Esmeralda as it was the first dagger I could find for a quick test.

stranger
stranger
Some I found by accident earlier:

Mortar & Pestle + Starfire Herb = Pouch of Pixie Dust

Pouch of Pixie Dust + Pouch of Bone Dust = Pouch of Pixie Dust (but this one will make magic stuff as per the recipes in the ingame books)

Magic Rabbits Foot + Gold Ring = Rabbits foot ring (speed +1)

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
Originally Posted by DrNoesis

Pouch of Pixie Dust + Pouch of Bone Dust = Pouch of Pixie Dust (but this one will make magic stuff as per the recipes in the ingame books)

It can also be used on ink pot and quill to create magic ink pot and quill to create magic scrolls. Can't figure out how though. It's not working with sheet of paper.

Last edited by Aramintai; 02/02/14 10:32 AM.
veteran
veteran
Mortar/Pestle + Moonstone = Pouch of Moonstone Dust

Originally Posted by Aramintai
Does making a spear with dagger and branch require some skill in crafting now? I couldn't make it, the result was the same as with knife - arrow shaft.

There's a difference.

Branch + Knife = Arrow Shaft.
Branch + Dagger = Spear.

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Mortar/Pestle + Moonstone = Pouch of Moonstone Dust

Combining it with Pixie Dust also creates Pixie Dust pouch that allows magical imbuing.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
The stardust herb making pixie dust is a bug. It should make stardust which is then combined with bone dust to make pixie dust. Pixie dust can be combined with eye, chicken foot, rabbit foot, starfish, as well as previously mentioned items. I know rabbit foot can also be combined with thread for necklace. I believe the others can be as well. Thanks DrNoesis for the ring info. Might check to see if the other items work that way as well.

EDIT: The Magic Chicken Foot (Although only called chicken foot even after using with pixie dust) adds +1 Reflexes
The Magic Eye adds +1 Perception
The Rabbit Foot adds +1 Speed (as stated earlier)
Still need the stat increase for Starfish.

EDIT 2: Pixie Dust + Antlers = Magic Antlers (Next step???)
Pixie Dust + Starfish = Magic Star Fish (name is set in placeholder text)
Starfish + Thread = Starfish Amulet (no perks)
Pixie Dust + Claw = Magic Claw
Magic Claw + Thread = Claw Amulet (+1 Single Handed)
Pixie Dust + Rat's Tail = Magic Rat's Tail
Magic Rat's Tail + Thread = Rat's Tail Amulet (no perks)
Pixie Dust + Paper = ??? Shows animation but nothing happens
Pixie Dust + Tusk = Magic Tusk
Magic Tusk + Thread = Tusk Amulet (no perks)
Pixie Dust + Skull = Magic Skull
Magic Skull + Thread = Skull Amulet (+1 Constitution)
Pixie Dust + Needle and Thread = Magic Needle and Thread
Magic Needle and Thread + Leather Scraps = ??? Shows animation but nothing happens (assuming it makes magic based Leather Armor)

Last edited by lokitrixter; 02/02/14 06:05 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Has anybody looked into prices of crafted items??

minor healing potion costs the same as huge or large healing potionsbad mushroom cost 21 + empty potion flask cost 11 makes poison flask for 31 ?!

making dough is getting more gold
but cooking it making bread that is cheaper than dough??
and doing pizza or pies or other dinner costs all the same amount

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
"Mortar and pestle + bones of any kind = Pouch (of crushed bones?)"

Bonemeal, presumably. It's usually used in farms and gardens, but in a fantasy context it's often an alchemy ingredient.

Improving your leather armor with a mobile kitchen is probably a placeholder since there aren't any leatherworks (as far as I can tell) in the game that would otherwise give you the chance to cure (harden) it, which normally involves treating it in vats of various unpleasant substances.

R
stranger
stranger
R
\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Stats\ItemCombos.txt
wink

veteran
veteran
Great find, rattle. Now I just have to transform that from that language into an easier-to-read Excel spreadsheet.

EDIT: On second thought, I don't have that kind of time, I'll just search for what I want.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I did turn it into an excel sheet yesterday since I also thought it was a great find. And I happened to have some time on my hands (amazing huh?)

My husband (Garod Weresheep) said I should post it here, but, Um, but I don't know how to post it here, or how to share it if folks want it...

I guess for now, maybe PM me and I can send it via email or some such thing unless I can figure out how to host the thing.

Last edited by Alynora; 18/02/14 08:02 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Alynora
I did turn it into an excel sheet yesterday since I also thought it was a great find. And I happened to have some time on my hands (amazing huh?)

My husband (Garod Weresheep) said I should post it here, but, Um, but I don't know how to post it here, or how to share it if folks want it...

I guess for now, maybe PM me and I can send it via email or some such thing unless I can figure out how to host the thing.

It's quite easy to share a file.
Just go to this web page: http://sharesend.com/

drag and drop your file. You will then get a link you can post
here smile

A
stranger
stranger
A
ohhh thank you! saves a bit.

Ok, so here's the thing about the file:

It is, of course, a super big spoiler!

The file isn't pretty, complete, and I made some arbitrary categories, so feel free to change names, groups etc. It is at least something to start with and a bit easier to read than the code in the other file. I didn't take the full item ID because it was easier for me to read it that way. I had started to sort them out via their "ABC" designations, but gave up halfway through. I did put a column for commentary about bugs etc (for example, if it was given in this thread..) Just use the tab called "compilation from itemcombo". The other tabs were me first starting with the info from this thread and hadn't decided what to do with it yet. And I'm guessing that this won't be the final version for crafting anyways.

So here it is: (and have fun crafting!)

PS, if anyone wants a bug listed in there, let me know and I'll update the file. Oh yeah, and if the link doesn't work also let me know and I'll try something else.

Last edited by Alynora; 18/02/14 11:31 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Worked just fine. And I thank you for this very much. I have not messed with crafting yet but was considering trying it out. Guess I will now.

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard