Next Thread
Print Thread
A
arkand Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
When you decorate and chose an element and ask for training from that chosen element, let them actually teach you something instead of a buy screen with the same old spells everywhere else.

For example, when you make that choice the tell you something like you need to prove your worth. You have a fight with them if you win, you learn a skill you can't buy anywhere else. It seems like that would make your choice of element also more meaningful, instead of just an extra spell vendor and a cool background.

I'd rather not wind up with a "fight me just to make me useful" encounter, especially for a game that's trying to enable non-violent approaches as a viable option. On the other hand, the current setup really doesn't seem to provide anything other than a visual style, since they don't sell those books any more cheaply than the vendors in town do.

Just giving a discount isn't particularly interesting either. I suppose unique items could be added to their inventory, but making them plot-relevant somehow would be better.

A
arkand Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
A test of strength, wits or a combination of both is fine with me as long as it is more interesting than a cool backdrop and more of the same spell books. It could be anything an added percentage to that elemental resistance, a shiny new item, skill or access to the elementals people are naming. It would be over the top on the side of excellent for me if they could tie it in to the story as you have said. Right now it just seems so boring compared to everything else in the game.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Arkand's idea is really interesting and makes sense. Maybe each elemental or any creature in the shelter plane could give us a side quest that would permanently boost some of our skills/stats/etc. Maybe, instead of stats, some side quests could reward us with really unique legendary item.
Just to have an extra skill/spell book vendor is somewhat boring.

Also, any chance to add more storage chests in the shelter plane - so far i think the only one available is in the heroes hall and it can hold 20 items. For those of us hoard ingredients for later in game use that is not enough space smile

Last edited by mechati; 17/02/14 03:56 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by mechati
Also, any chance to add more storage chests in the shelter plane - so far i think the only one available is in the heroes hall and it can hold 20 items. For those of us hoard ingredients for later in game use that is not enough space smile

I was thinking either this or more items like Evelyn's Pouch that we can carry in our inventory and use to hold additional items. That way us OCD hoarders could keep our stuff organized by use. I.e. - weapon crafting in one, food stuff in another, etc. Something totally reminiscent of Ultima Online. Would absolutely love that.

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
Support
Support

I'm assuming that is what the warehouse portal is for. Until that get implemented, if you have a character strong enough, you can always go collect a few chests and put them wherever you wish (if not, use crates).

Link Copied to Clipboard