Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Like Robcat I rejoice, because this means Larian gets a decent amount of time to finish and polish this wonderful game! smile

And Armintai: Indeed! And my backlog is great too.

The only thing I'm missing now is some info when the toolset will get released so we can start to tinker with it.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
veteran
veteran
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/109734/Divinity%3A+Original+Sin+gets+release+date/

The German publisher of Divinity: Original Sin has confirmed to Gamereactor that the game will get its official launch on April 25.

D
stranger
stranger
D
As far as I understand the release date has been further pushed back to vague "summer 2014".
Seriously, how bad can you people be at estimating developing times required? I can understand delaying the release for 1-2 months, but when you do it for half a year, that just shows your incompetence.

Support
Support

The delays were to add more stuff, not to complete what they thought they could do if they were able to raise the initial amount on kickstarter. From an RPGCodex topic:

Originally Posted by ForkTong
When it comes to time management, work for hire stuff is perfectly do-able. You get a budget, you calculate how much time that gives you, you make a design that fits that. You kind of need to know your limitations and not go apeshit with features and scope, kill your babies, and keep it realistic. When you're working on your own game, however, it's very, very hard to drop something or not do something, and once you see the potential, you just want to make sure it's the best game you can make. If you can proverbially buy time, you will, and it's only better for the game. The fact that we can postpone release, does not mean we suck, it indicates that we have the means to do it.

And officially it is 'spring', not summer. The German publisher said April 25th, but Larian had not announced a new date (and said they wouldn't until they were 100% sure of it).

addict
addict
And they are probably waiting for the witcher3 or DA inquisition, or so many other great RPGs that are due this year. Smart move. They don't stand a chance.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
And they are probably waiting for the witcher3 or DA inquisition, or so many other great RPGs that are due this year. Smart move. They don't stand a chance.

I once argued with someone (I believe it was Lar) that the Witcher really is an RPG. Now I'm not so sure anymore (yes that's an apology). I believe the 'Action' label suits it more than 'RPG', still, I'm a big fan. I tried Wikipedia for a clear definition on 'What is an RPG?' an apparantly there is no such thing.

Concerning TW3 and DA inq, I don't recall there is an initial release date for those 2 yet, correct me if I'm wrong, so why bother if DOS is already nearing it's launch?

veteran
veteran

D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm going to predict a release date of June 20th... The last day of Spring.

enthusiast
enthusiast
HUH Doesn`t the Spring end at the end of May?
I have cognitive dissonance silly

Last edited by James 540; 24/02/14 03:09 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
addict
addict
DUH, I thought spring ended at the end of february. Silly me...

Hopefully, spring is not coming for the game like december was coming for the editor...
I know, I am a jerk. Waiting makes me agressive after some times.

And BTW, the game really looks great.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 24/02/14 05:10 PM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
I know, I am a jerk. Waiting makes me agressive after some times.

Self awareness is the first step to healing.
At least there is still some hope.

Ideals are like stars. We might never reach them. But we can set our course by them.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Words of widom indeed!

@Cromcrom-I can understand you,sometimes waiting can drives you crazy....But at other side the paradox is that waiting for "present" a lot better than even "present" itself
I hope it`s not D:OS case

R
RtM Offline
R
Do you know how difficult it is to resist playing the early release? sad

addict
addict
sure I do know how difficult it is, that's why I play it laugh

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
enthusiast
enthusiast
@RTM I know how it`s difficult,but there are always different ways 1)You can patiently wait and play something else(Why not?)
2)As Chaotica mentioned,you can play it and be happy if you backed or bought through the Steam

3)Or you can play for litlle from time to time,to update the build to make quick review of changes and improvements(of cource if you have D:OS already) as I do,personally in this case I swore to myself not be spoilered as far as I can.

You always can make choices and there will be relative consequenses!--)

Last edited by James 540; 26/02/14 12:43 PM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard