#482985 25/02/14 01:46 PM
R
Raubrey Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Greetings All,

I know it's a little premature but not really in some respects; but I was wondering if there will be (or could we have) a dedication section for modders? If we're going to use Steam Workshop...ok, but I kind of hope there is an alternative.

Also, I wondered where mods will be hosted? I'm guessing Steam and maybe Nexus though I wasn't sure.

Even though the editor is not released I thought it would be nice for aspiring and potential modelers to have a place to get acquainted and maybe start working towards finding potential collaborators and have a place to test their ideas and ask preliminary questions.

I know a lot of modders work solo but that shouldn't discourage those who might want to pair up. Given all the elements of good game design this can lead to better mods.

Anyway, that's my suggestion and I am obviously excited to get my hand on the editor and of course play the OC.

Have a great day.

addict
addict
yeah still waiting for it !! and I think dedicated section should be created in the forums when the editor will be release, but if I remember right the question of a specific section to host our mod/history was already discussed

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
addict
addict
Mods should at least be available within the steam workshop. Some tests have been done, I don't know if they were conclusive.

I +100 agree with you, we modders need our place on the official forum.

We WILL HAVE TO rely on a helpfull modding community to create some great stuff. Just to sharing knowledge, as Larian might not have the workpower to dedicate full time people to maintaining a modding wiki of some sort. Hopefully they will release some tuts.

This wait is painfull :-(.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
R
Raubrey Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
Mods should at least be available within the steam workshop. Some tests have been done, I don't know if they were conclusive.

I +100 agree with you, we modders need our place on the official forum.

We WILL HAVE TO rely on a helpfull modding community to create some great stuff. Just to sharing knowledge, as Larian might not have the workpower to dedicate full time people to maintaining a modding wiki of some sort. Hopefully they will release some tuts.

This wait is painfull :-(.

I like your attitude and I would be glad to offer proofreading services on a wiki or other tuts, if it helps get them released more timely. If someone wants to see my portfolio later in the process, let me know. I would offer writing services as well but obviously I don't have the knowledge required (of the Game Editor) to take that on.

Last edited by Raubrey; 25/02/14 02:42 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Beginner/intermediate 3D modeler here, write me a PM if you have any interest in getting simpler items done.

R
Raubrey Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Ithiloneth
Beginner/intermediate 3D modeler here, write me a PM if you have any interest in getting simpler items done.

Awesome! Writer/editor here with a fair bit of knowledge of maps and game balance. Most my experience is with RPG Maker ACE and I have a follow up story for a Mount & Blade mod. Oh and I created a story case file (won the contest) for the game Emergency Room Disaster Strikes, way back when.

I've done a fair about of Beta testing and am not adverse to such.

I'll hunt my story down and insert here -- I also have professional technical and news writing exp. but that will likely be of little use here, for now anyway.

EDIT: This may not be so interesting to non-M&B non-Pendor players but is one example of my work. It is ultimately a suspense/drama novella but would be a good mod, methinks. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=279312.0
I will do the final proofing and convert to PDF soon (TM).

Last edited by Raubrey; 26/02/14 09:33 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'll probably continue to work solo but I'll keep an interested eye on what others are working on! At least it'll be easier to work on than Ego Draconis (a lot, hopefully)... I did manage to change some of the models there such as armour and stuff, but it required quite a lot of witchcraft and swearing to accomplish.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
@Raubrey
If you might know, I am the Creator/coder of Rigale, an RPG mod for mount and blade Warband. Rigale is the kind of world interaction/rpg elements I would like to add in a DOS mod.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=209.0

I am game designer, self taught coder, and quite imaginative for some stuffs, but I am such a poor writer and quest designer. I already opened a subject, and I am still looking for writers/world background ideas. However, I really want to keep to my basic idea of a "discovery of the new world" setting.
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=477828#Post477828

The basic stuff is that the player arrives on a very small and freshly built colony, the first in the continent. And from there, it would be up to them to explore it, help the colony, and so on...

Last edited by Cromcrom; 25/02/14 04:53 PM.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
apprentice
apprentice
Great with so much activity here! I'm quite interested in grouping up on a mod or two since I don't have the time to complete an entire, larger, mod by myself.

addict
addict
Has it been confirmed officially if custom models will be able to imported? I thought it was just an idea so far o.o

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Ellary
Has it been confirmed officially if custom models will be able to imported? I thought it was just an idea so far o.o

Hmm, that's a point. I'm assuming they will be, but I've no idea whether or not it'll actually be supported.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Vometia

Hmm, that's a point. I'm assuming they will be, but I've no idea whether or not it'll actually be supported.

LOL I know you from BSN. I just realized it. I've often seen a few regulars from there over on here using the same usernames. I myself frequent it regularly too but I shall never reveal my username for it. I have a different character for every forum I use.

That is all.

As you were everyone. I'll just log out again. Don't mind me...

Last edited by Demonic; 25/02/14 09:38 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
If there is no custom modeling I'm out of my depth education wise. I do know how to write some story I guess, and I suppose I'm decent at checking for balance issues. What I am trying to say is that it'd be great to be able to import models. But if not, that's not the most important part imo. More gameplay > more cosmetics any day.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Demonic
LOL I know you from BSN. I just realized it. I've often seen a few regulars from there over on here using the same usernames. I myself frequent it regularly too but I shall never reveal my username for it. I have a different character for every forum I use.

I use the same one (nearly) everywhere. I sometimes wonder if it's a good idea... :o

Originally Posted by Ithiloneth
If there is no custom modeling I'm out of my depth education wise. I do know how to write some story I guess, and I suppose I'm decent at checking for balance issues. What I am trying to say is that it'd be great to be able to import models. But if not, that's not the most important part imo. More gameplay > more cosmetics any day.

I'm not much good with stories, but I can't resist tinkering with models. It's not as if I even like Blender, and I'm not especially skilled with it either: it's just one of those "because I can" things. Unless I can't.

But if there's no sane means of importing models, I guess I'll be more of a mod user than a creator...

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
well I remember a post about a pirate island ^^
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=475492#Post475492

and I have few (modest) plans too, all I need is time to code...

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
R
Raubrey Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Vometia
but it required quite a lot of witchcraft and swearing to accomplish.

That's a great recipe for many of life's pleasures.

Originally Posted by Cromcrom
@Raubrey
If you might know, I am the Creator/coder of Rigale, an RPG mod for mount and blade Warband. Rigale is the kind of world interaction/rpg elements I would like to add in a DOS mod.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=209.0

I am game designer, self taught coder, and quite imaginative for some stuffs, but I am such a poor writer and quest designer. I already opened a subject, and I am still looking for writers/world background ideas. However, I really want to keep to my basic idea of a "discovery of the new world" setting.
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=477828#Post477828

Oh you made my day Crom, I am going to check out Rigale -- I fired up M&B just the other day but didn't have any RPGish mods so decided to pass.

I'd be delighted to chat with you and see if I can help in any way -- I feel I'm pretty good at quest design too. I get bogged down with scripting and so my projects remain unfinished.

I hope to have TS (teamspeak) going when needed, as well can do Skype and have the same name on Steam. http://steamcommunity.com/id/raubrey (I think this works if you're signed in, if not I'll change permissions).

I'm terrible with forums/private messages if I don't receive email notifications (Fixed. I think.)

It's nice to meet everyone thus far. I am really excited at the prospect of a strong modding community for the game.

Last edited by Raubrey; 26/02/14 09:27 AM.
old hand
old hand

I asked the question during one of their twitch streams and we were told it would be possible. It was a tough forum for getting specific, so I don't know whether it was assumed that it would simply be importing models that only use existing skeletons and animations or whether you can import everything from scratch. Looking forward to getting more details.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
addict
addict
Me too, I need to check so many things about coding possibilities...

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
addict
addict
I just want be able to add new hair styles mostly~ and character portraits. Well ok and Clothing/Armor~

M
addict
addict
M
By the way, when will the editor be released ?
I had a P&P campain ready that I won't play, so I intend to make a mod out of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard