Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I have just started playing FoV. So far, I cannot save a game to exit because the menu dropdown tells me I have no open save slots.
the problem is that I cannot delete any old saves, either, nor can I quick save.
What is the problem and how do I fix it? Thanks, NM

Support
Support

You should be able to delete old saves from the save window (select an existing save, and you should be able to overwrite it or delete it).

For the PC version you can manually delete the saves in Windows Explorer, or move them to a subfolder (the game will ignore any new folders you create).

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Thank you, that is something I had not thought of, I'll do it.
Related question:
I began the game (FoV developers cut) by creating a new avatar. I found that I could not import my Ego Draconis avatar, and if I chose a particular class of avatar (Mage, ranger, etc.) skill points were pre-assigned, not necessarily as I liked, but if I did not choose a preAssigned type, stat and skill points were unassigned, and the skill points were the same value as my ED avatar. But...if I did that, I could nod save games because I was over the number of saves allowed, as described above question.
I liked my old build, but I will go with the packaged deal to she how she fights.
Thanks

Support
Support

Try moving your D2:ED saves, and see if that lets you save after a doing a custom character build for FoV. There were too many changes in DKS to maintain saved game compatibility with the original release, but I have no idea why you would get an error trying to save with a custom character but not a preset.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Thanks, I did use a custom character and everything is working, including saves.
Playing along, I notice that there are many, many mindreading opportunities. If I mindread everyone, I doubt that my character will ever get enough xp to level up, so I am being careful to M/R only the more costly, in XP, NPCs. Is that a good idea?
But, the real question I have is this: how does my avatar get to what is apparently the lower level of shops, homes, etc. I need to get there to find the third of the cursed vegetables, sAshraaf, at Alzabeta's Emporium. The W/T I read tell me to go there to get the clue to open his door at the Prancing Pony, and on to see the witch, etc. There is a second way to do the quest, and I have gotten the code-notes. The info from the W/T is a bit confusing as it seems I need to get to the witch's room to find the elf dictionary and some other bit of quest stuff, to get past the big Tree and thus further the entire game.
I have wandered all around the Market Square and the Big Tree area but I cannot find any access that seem to be indicated on W/T maps.
If you could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks NM

s

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
RE: my last reply to your answer...
After I spent some more time reading through the walthroughs I have found, and comparing them with maps of the city, I had my avatar wander about the Lanilor Lane area until I found The Emporium in question to find the last vegetable and solve the Prancing Pony quest.
So, the moral of the story here is to read, look around, wander through the streets and help yourself as you can.
But a little help from your friends is nice, too. Thanks

Support
Support

For the question you didn't answer yourself: given the increased experience from opponents in FoV, the relatively low cost of the mindreads that don't give skill/stat points or spell levels (which there are plenty of) would not incur a significant extra debt. Theoretically you are better off skipping the 'useless' mindreads, but practically it isn't going to make much difference (I avoided or reloaded for a lot of the useless mindreads in D2:ED and mindread everyone in DKS).

Opponents respawn in the caves and sewers, as well as in the Crow's Nest, once you've gotten to that part of the city (until you've completed a certain quest there). You can easily make up any mindreading debt without specifically grinding, but you have the option to go through one or more caves again, if you wish.
Alternately, if you have the skill points to spare, level 15 of the Mindread skill reduces the cost to zero.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard