Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 30 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30
veteran
veteran
Is that a message you get from trying to upload a crash report? I've seen that message before, and I resolved it by validating my Steam files - some were missing.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Running a 64-bit version of Windows 7 and cannot get past the loading screen once I click on New Game. The screen dims and the loading animation stops but the music continues. At one point I waited 30 minutes to see if anything changed and nothing happened.

Sweet music though.

Support
Support

See Killer Networks NIC and can't load the game? Fix!, if applicable.

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking access for the game (EoCApp.exe and SupportTool.exe both need access).

Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file. Perhaps right click and run as administrator (or right click, select properties and switch to the Compatibility tab if that doesn't help).

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Raze #483892 08/03/14 08:18 AM
G
stranger
stranger
G
Game starts > New game > goes to loading screen > crash
I think my issue is similar to this but NOT the same.

Problem 2: Game crashing after clicking new game (you can hear sound in the background, screen fades in and crash)

Once it goes into the loading screen, there is a graphic bug for a split second then it is just normal load screen. I wait a minute or so then then the game crashes.
Running windows 7.
When using EoCAPP.exe normally OR as admin, the game tries to start but immediately crashes.

Please help.

R
RtM Offline
R
Having the EXACT same issue. Really bummed out. sad

RtM #483895 08/03/14 09:39 AM
G
stranger
stranger
G
Still having same issue, BUT if someone invites me into a game, I can play.

Support
Support

If you want to try to load an existing 1.0.167 save, here is a zipped save folder at the starting beach, with default mage and survivor characters. Extract the zip file into your '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Savegames' folder.

If either of you can load the save, but would like different characters (class/stats/gender/name/etc), let me know (in the Can't Play (Single player) topic, to limit off topic posts here).

O
stranger
stranger
O
Confirmed.
When char.creation cancelled, it crashes.
Same here. wave

Last edited by OvertoneCZ; 09/03/14 04:51 PM.
Support
Support

Is that consistent? I don't have a problem cancelling character creation with the current version (in the initial alpha version that crash was consistent).

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

Raze #484052 10/03/14 09:34 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I have a little problem, while my friend is involved in Co-op-dialogues: I can't read his answers when he speaks or asks someone and I can't read his answer, when we have an discussion.

For example the body at the beach: He agreed with me, but I only know that, because I have played this dialogue already three times and know that you get one point pragmatism, but what he directly said I couldn't tell.

I just read "waiting for other Players" and then the Co-op-Dialogue is over.

R
RtM Offline
R
Haven't been able to get past the New Game loading screen since the update. It sure would be nice to play the game I paid for. frown

RtM #484426 15/03/14 07:38 PM
stranger
stranger
Hello,

I started to play only few day ago, so excuse me, if the issue is known. I fined some similar bugs with crash, but can't find my situation.

I have a problem with regular game crashes in/after battles in some location.

The first case was when I tryed to repeat bug with fighting enemy without turn-base mode.
I faced with the bug after I obtained orc's armor (dig on the beach). I managed to assure orc-digger (may be it was ogre or someone else) to go away, then I get armor and attacked orc-digger without dialog. There was the bug, Only one character got into battle, and I killed orc with another one, using spells not in turn-based mode. It seems to me, that before battle characters was unchained and one stand in front of orc-digger, but another stay in side of enemy (this char can attack without battle mod; I didn't use disguise)

After that case, I tryed to do something similar with group of orcs stayed in near camp. But instead of using char for attacking, I summoned fire elemental in field of their sight. Turn-based battle begin (only elemental was involved), there was a number of orcs which make actions. After some time the game crashed.
Since every my attemp to fight with those group of orcs make crash. It occurs at the first turn of the buttle (before any enemy of char can make action).
Moreover, I faced with crash in Evelyn's den. First time I have crash after first encounter with dark men. But then I launched saved game and defeat them.
Then I fougth with Evelyn (with co), defeat them, make save after win and lost one char due to foolish case: Caracter with low amount of HP was chained with anoter one; He go to it through burning floor and died. I decided to launce after battle saved game and game crashed. Then, I tryed to load before battle saved game (I becoma to make them often due to crashes), It was corrupted. I launched erlier save, go to Evelin and get crush in buttle When she summoned undead.

Octu #484458 16/03/14 08:29 PM
R
RtM Offline
R
I give up.

RtM #484460 16/03/14 09:11 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello,

First report for 1.0.173.0 version :
- save name with accents doesn't work (exemple "début") ;
- path optimisation of NPC : legion soldiers walk direcly in burning oil...

++

RtM #484461 16/03/14 09:28 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RtM
I give up.

Larian doesn't officially work on weekends, but they are good at trying to help people. Did you follow Raze's instructions and run the DOS support tool, then e-mail supportdos@larian.com?

If nothing else, there's a patch coming on Friday.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have a very similar issue as Octu. I've attempted to fight the Orcs in their Stronghold at least 10 times now and every time the game will crash at some point during the battle. If I run off the same saved file the game will crash at the same point each time during the fight. If I use a different save and go do something else then eventually wind back to the Orc fight, the fight may be different, but the eventual crash occurs each time. I've also had a lot of issues with this game crashing at other times. It always seems to be either at the start or middle of combat or while trying to zone to the area with the goblin. These crashes have occured far more often and with more consistency since the last patch. Before this last patch I might only get 1 crash in a gaming session. Now I get multiple crashes and at this point it's made the game unplayable as I have done everything offered except the Orc area and the cave they protect.

If anyone has a suggestion I'd love to hear it, but I should also state that I have submitted the game files several times for these crashes.

Moogoo

Last edited by Moogoo; 20/03/14 06:06 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
My wife is crashing every time we go into combat in multiplayer game. I have yet to crash in combat. Her machine is at least twice as good as mine. frown

Support
Support

If your wife hosts the game, does she still crash? Do you? Does she crash in single player?

Did your wife verify local files for the game?

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool for both computers.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thanks for the quick reply. We actually switched machines, and switched accounts hosting the game. Whoever hosts the game, always crashes. Must be an error with the save-game.

R
RtM Offline
R
Over 2 weeks now and I still cannot play this game since the update. Have the system requirements changed? Even set everything to the lowest setting. Nothing.

NOT COOL

Page 15 of 30 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard