Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
The games crash a lot. I start a new game but have 3 crashes in 1 hour.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
stranger
stranger
After last update game not started and crashed after loading. 2 times. But game start, when I disabled in the settings - "light shadows".
After start i don't see no one item at inventory or spells icons - just black icon for all
[img]http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3335219092342139275/B35339846598AD25030686823FD24FD9BB347E52/[/img]
SRY. idk how insert this image from steam cloud

Last edited by Weidan; 08/03/14 07:38 AM.
addict
addict
Pressing "ALT" on the keyboard does not highlight all items on screen (shells on the beach for example)

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Support
Support

That is intentional. Larian doesn't want the screen to turn into a wall of text, or reveal hidden keys, etc, if you hit the Alt key.

1: Trade/craft bug - When trading to the wizard before entering town, any craftable items, when put into the trade window to sell, automatically goes back into my inventory as a final crafted item.

For example, I put a "Sinew" in the trade window and got a "Bowstring" back. Also put a "Branch" in trade and got a "quarterstaff" back, which I was then able to sell.

2: Crash issue - Game crashes after using "Quit Game" option in main menu every time. Has been happening for the last few updates.

3: Save issue - After saving game screen went black. I suspect when game finished saving it moved my camera into black space on the map, but I was not able to use any hot keys after either. Could not open inventory or open journal.

4: Not bug but suggestion - Have a "center on char" or "Center map" option in case you weren't paying attention and lost your camera in the void, it would allow you to get your camera position unlost

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
M
stranger
stranger
M
Bug 2

3 baskets on the docks blew up when I tried moving the item to an avatar icon. More specifically, the baskets near the 3 guys looking for work. The loot still came out, but it was very odd and weird.

And Evelyn walked through a bed like a ghost when she went to heal the merchant guy (not Steve)

Last edited by Marls; 08/03/14 01:48 PM.
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
The problem for me now is that after one hour of playing the game suddenly start to lag real hard and became unplayable. It has nothing to do with settings, because I recently bought a new graphics card and I can play everything on ultra setting (from auto-detect). I turned all settings down and it didn't help. I put all settings back and load an earlier save-game and it went back to normal, no lag. However when I load my last save game everything lags again including the game menu.

Btw I hope Larian will include an option to play with shadows off. I mostly play every game with shadows off, because it just gives so much more game stability.

Last edited by xardas22; 08/03/14 02:50 PM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by xardas22
The problem for me now is that after one hour of playing the game suddenly start to lag real hard and became unplayable. It has nothing to do with settings, because I recently bought a new graphics card and I can play everything on ultra setting (from auto-detect). I turned all settings down and it didn't help. I put all settings back and load an earlier save-game and it went back to normal, no lag. However when I load my last save game everything lags again including the game menu.

Could it be related to this issue, do you think?

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Could it be related to this issue, do you think?
I didn't go to Evelyn's house yet, for me it seems just to happen walking around the harbor. It's also not a memory leak when saving, because as far as I remember I saved after I noticed I had lag. I couldn't reproduce it when loading an older savegame, but I'm afraid when I continue playing it will happen again eventually.

Last edited by xardas22; 08/03/14 03:03 PM.
Weird save bug for me.

After working through the beach section I arrived at the town gate and was greeted by the wizard. I then saved and exited the game. At that stage we had not entered the town.

When I later restarted the game and loaded the save both characters had completely shifted location. Roderick was already in the docks area - alone. Scarlet was in a completely different beach area on the other side of town on the wrong side of a locked gate!

The start seems to have improved a little but still seems quite weak. Presumably, there will be an opening cinematic (not yet included) which will set the scene as to why we find ourselves stuck on a beach, very poorly equipped for the task ahead, picking up seashells and talking to a clam. It still felt like an unpromising start, especially as there seemed to be an intention for the drunk soldiers to at least partly accompany us to town, and then maybe chicken out at the prospect of an orc fight? If that was the intention it didn't run properly.

What happened was that one soldier from the bridge started following us - instead of them taking us as they had suggested. Then after the fight was finished the remaining couple of soldiers simply wandered about and one made a random comment accusing somebody who wasn't there of cowardice. Initially neither of the remaining solders would talk to us either, but after much clicking I eventually managed to get one of them to fire up and give us a few scraps of information.

There was no ability to examine the fallen orcs let alone check their bodies for useful equipment or loot. Even if nothing usable was found, at that early stage I would hope to be able to at least check out the first proper victims in some way.

The first impressions a player gets at the start of a game are really important. The opening scene has a lot of necessary jobs to do - not just setting up some part of the story and acting as a tutorial/settling in period, but most importantly to hook in the player and build up some enthusiasm and anticipation for the journey ahead. So I think Larian needs to do a fair bit more work on the opening few minutes to get the tone right. To me at least it still felt pretty flat and buggy. But I'm sure they have more improvements planned yet.

At least the wizard showed up at the gate and filled us in with a lot of useful information. That was a great plus!

R
stranger
stranger
R
XARDAS22:

I had exactly the same problem as you at the Docks. This happened after giving the sheep to Bo Bertia - don't know whether this has something to do with it.

But even worse, there is no way to continue the game (avoiding going down to the Docks) once you have been approached by the teleporter stones imp!!!!

Another observation - characters such as Evelyn and Englander now work straight through beds instead of going around them.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze

That is intentional. Larian doesn't want the screen to turn into a wall of text, or reveal hidden keys, etc, if you hit the Alt key.

In some video while back (prb between KS) they showed how this mechanic works and hidden keys (under rugs and such) didn't show up if u they pressed ALT - only when that rug was removed it did show.

Now this wall of text they said will wont be there because they said that they will somehow "merge" all these items and make new "merged items", this will also reduce alot of memory they said.

What i dont like are half measures and this clearly is - if its nailed on the ground let it be, but if its not i want to know that - with ALT, otherwise i will spend ages just screening with my mouse over and over.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Von_Rotten
4: Not bug but suggestion - Have a "center on char" or "Center map" option in case you weren't paying attention and lost your camera in the void, it would allow you to get your camera position unlost

Use the Home key or double click on the leader's portrait to re-centre the screen focus. Switching leaders (by clicking portraits or using the F1-F4 hotkeys) will also re-centre the camera.

Originally Posted by Marls
3 baskets on the docks blew up when I tried moving the item to an avatar icon. More specifically, the baskets near the 3 guys looking for work. The loot still came out, but it was very odd and weird.

I didn't have any problem with them. Opening a crate/basket/barrel and trying to place it into its own inventory window will destroy it, which may have been the effect you saw...

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Bugs:

- I Can no longer walk into the water to get the crate in the “exploration bonus” area outside the harbour gates.

- Soldiers say “welcome back, Source Hunter”, even if you haven’t actually taken a step out of the gate.

- You can tell the Immaculate in The King Crab Inn that you’ve met an Immaculate that tried to kill you, even if you haven’t (I was following the murder quest strictly. (If it was the guy on the beach during the orc attack, I don’t think we’re supposed to know he’s an immaculate yet.)

- I saw some kind of strange graphical glitch in the new graveyard tunnel, when you’ve cast “Rain”. It shows up when the lightning flashes. I noticed it in the fight against the undead pyromaniac if that helps. I can't really describe it that well, it was kinda like a dome where it wasn't raining that only showed up when the lightning flashed.

- Are the traps in the area accessed from the underground (x678, y:318) supposed to keep exploding every few seconds if you trigger them? EDIT: I guess so, there are strange devices on the walls which have the explosions, and I think there’s a lever that turns it off.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
I got a crash, and it's fully reproducible for me.

1. Go to Aureus, and get permission to visit the crime scene
2. Go to Town Hall, and collect Jahan
3. Go to the King's Crab Inn, and accept the Fabulous Five Quest
4. Add Madora to the party.
5. Go to the crime scene, and use Jahan's rain spell to put out the fire.
6. Get affected by the Stone, pick up the Love letter.
7. Take the entire party up the stairs, and try to go down again and the game crashes.

I did a little bit of testing, and the crash doesn't happen if at least one of your party has been disengaged and left downstairs. I'll have to reboot from earlier saves and test if the crash still occurs if I don't pick up everyone before visiting the crime scene.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
I managed to reach a point in the game where everything slowed down to a crawl and wasn't playable at all. Restarting the game and reloading the latest save game still caused the same problem, but it wasn't happening on an earlier save. After checking in the Task Manager, I noticed that the game executable was occupying almost 2.6 GB of RAM on the latest save(the problematic one), but around 1.57 GB on the older save.

Checking the save files also confirmed it, as all the save files in my save directory occupy 12.12 MB space, EXCEPT the problematic one, which occupies around 65 MB. There's some huge memory leak happening there. Can I send my save file for examination somewhere?

Support
Support

Yes, you can zip the save folder and email it to supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem. The D:OS support tool would create a report.zip file containing your saves, as well as system diagnostic and game configuration files.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by regadrow
XARDAS22:

I had exactly the same problem as you at the Docks. This happened after giving the sheep to Bo Bertia - don't know whether this has something to do with it.
This may very well be, if I go to Aureus he's talking to himself very rapidly and continuous, *Sigh* and? I'll have a talk with him madam.

X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Originally Posted by vinaysshenoy
I managed to reach a point in the game where everything slowed down to a crawl and wasn't playable at all. Restarting the game and reloading the latest save game still caused the same problem, but it wasn't happening on an earlier save. After checking in the Task Manager, I noticed that the game executable was occupying almost 2.6 GB of RAM on the latest save(the problematic one), but around 1.57 GB on the older save.

Checking the save files also confirmed it, as all the save files in my save directory occupy 12.12 MB space, EXCEPT the problematic one, which occupies around 65 MB. There's some huge memory leak happening there. Can I send my save file for examination somewhere?
We have the exact same problem.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Is it a bug that Rogues attack two times although they only carry one single dagger?

I wanted to try some different classes, so I made Scarlett a rogue this time.
Two attacks make Rogues deal quite a lot of damage, even in comparison to warriors:
They have a lot of AP, they use cheap attacks and each attacks potentially hits two times.
Might be that Larian wants to follow the MMO route and made rogues damage dealers instead of an utility class as in more classical RPGs, but maybe dual-wielding should be restricted to actually wielding two weapons?

Not a bug, but probably worth mentioning:

I gained two levels before ever setting foot into Cyseal, seems a bit much to me.
The starting gear does seem a bit pointless. Everything you find right away will be better.
Why would the source hunters be equiped so poorly? At least make starting gear on par with the stuff you wil regularly find on your way towards and in Cyseal.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard