Next Thread
Print Thread
#484206 11/03/14 06:32 PM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello everybody,

We just released a quick patch to fix a number of issues people were reporting with the previous update that we felt needed to be addressed right away. This update is not compatible with previous savegames as the changes could cause stability issues.

- Fixed wrong XPs at Ishmashell
- Fixed difference between projectile preview and path
- Fixed Evelyn walking through beds
- Fixed Rain spell not putting out burning boat in the Cyseal harbor
- Fixed crash when smashing door at Esmeralda's shop
- Fixed performance issues in Fire level in homestead
- Fixed crash when going down the Kings Crab cellar and going back up
- Fixed crash when going back down stairs in Esmeralda's house
- Fixed serious performance issues when entering Evelyn's house
- Fixed stability issues around Evelyn's house
- Fixed stability issues concerning henchmen and the Fabulous Five quest
- Fixed dialog problems with Bertia
- Fixed unlabeled cabinet in Esmeralda's basement
- Fixed "force end turn" issues for Aureus
- Mod entry has been disabled in main menu
- Upgraded savegames version to prevent crashes caused by incompatiblity issues

Sorry about the inconvenience and thank you for all the feedback. We've picked up quite a few of your ideas again for the next big update, so please keep on posting. We read it all!

Thank you so much Swen!

Really good fixes and can't wait for the next big update and see some of our suggestions in!

journeyman
journeyman
Fast working for the patch ;P

I only played one hour, but the quickwitted-talent is not working:
50xp for crabs, 325 for each orc or legionaire lvl2, 1000 for talking bridge watch, 325+25 for helping the shell (patch works :D) al Xp are the same with or without the quickwitted talent

if u are fast enough you also get the 325xp for the first orc which is fighting with 3 guards at the beach;)

Last edited by Rainer; 11/03/14 09:18 PM.

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
journeyman
journeyman
Ugh. Not seeing my issue with the interaction problem with items on the list despite being told it would get handled in this hotfix. Guess I'll just have to fire it up and see. *crosses fingers*

EDIT: Nope. Still not fixed. Dang. Also, I would like to point out two things as well:

1. Mod button still works. This isn't a big issue for me though. Just thought I'd let you know.

2. I deleted my old saves in game and went back to main menu to start a new game. However, clicking on New Game went to loading for a moment and then took me right back to main menu. It did this quite a few times. I had to quit and start it up again before it would work.

Hopefully you guys can fix the interaction bug in the next major update. It makes for an extremely frustrating gameplay experience whenever I click on something to move it and my character just runs around it. I don't get the outline of the item to drag.

Last edited by Otaku Hanzo; 11/03/14 09:59 PM.

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Rainer
al Xp are the same with or without the quickwitted talent

Are you checking the actual experience gains in the inventory? The bonus from Quick-witted is not displayed on screen during combat or in the log, but should be reflected in the inventory window and the experience bar (try one character with the talent, and one without).

Raze #484264 12/03/14 04:17 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by Rainer
al Xp are the same with or without the quickwitted talent

Are you checking the actual experience gains in the inventory? The bonus from Quick-witted is not displayed on screen during combat or in the log, but should be reflected in the inventory window and the experience bar (try one character with the talent, and one without).

I only did check the shown xp in the log not the ones in the inventory, but I'll have a look

edit: *look* Your are right, in the inventory it stats more xp but not 10% : 325xp shown only give 354xp that's 3.5 short for 10% but thats 9% ;D
*second look* the next 325xp gave me 357xp correct 10% ???

*third look*: I did load again 1263xp(killing all crabs, doing shell throw back to sea) + 325xp shown for killing bridge watch legionnaire1 = 1655 ?!? that's 392 = (325+(325*10%))*10% + 325*10% + 325?!?!
killing the second bridge watch legionaire get's 325 shown and again 1655 + 325 shown get's me 2009 as above that's the 9% from second look ?!?
thats' for both chars (mage and ranger with quickwitted

Are there any bonuses which are not described?

*fourth look* reload with 1263 xp
doing the talk thing with the bridge watch +1000XP shown
gets me 2473XP that's 1210 more
that's the 10% doubling
(1000*10%+1000)*10%+1000*10%+1000

So I think there is a bug in getting only 10% (but for the chars' it's a good exploit now ;D )

Last edited by Rainer; 12/03/14 11:59 PM.

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
journeyman
journeyman
I have participated in plenty of alphas and betas in the years I've been gaming stretching as far back as the early 90's and I have to say your team is doing an outstanding job. I realize you're probably getting swamped with bug reports and suggestions via email but the fact that you actually have responded to every one I've sent you has impressed me to no end. Especially concerning my problems with the latest update and not being able to interact with objects. Besides the automated response, you have managed to get back to me on a personal level within 24 hours or less. This kind of service is very appreciated and I just wanted you to know that. Thank you. I patiently await the next update.

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Still crashes when starting new game. frown I'm starting to worry. Three patches ago it worked. Two patches ago new game started, but it crashed on saving. This patch and previous one it crashes on starting new game. This is a bad tendency.

J
stranger
stranger
J
did you validate files in steam , i had 2 reinstall after every update coz 2 files kept failing after update was applied.

"these are not the drones u are lookin for"
old hand
old hand
For myself it turns out that my 'steam' disk was not so great; had to spend 4 days swapping it out (should have only taken an hour but linux couldn't read the type of windows partition i had created (never creating another one of those - forget the term windows use but it was a 'dynamic' partition and not a simple fdisk (MBR)/gpart (GUID) partition) with NTFS and windows had a nasty bug dealing with moving 1tb of data. Bloody bugger of a disk was corrupting 5% of my data - luckily i only stored steam binary data there and no user data. Once fixed all my crashes (not just in divnity) went away. More details then needed but the end result is a lot of game bugs were due to the disk not writing/reading data correctly.

Link Copied to Clipboard