Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Giga1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
It seemed to me like there was a lot of "gay issues" decisions, so much that it detracted from the game. Yeah I get that's it's contemporary issue stuff but when I'm playing a fantasy game I didn't imagine there would be so much of it. Let's see here...

(Note: Spoilers beneath)

1. You have to choose between having gay marriage or not in the empire.
2. You have to choose between a 'don't ask don't tell' polciy.
3. You find out Scarlett is a lesbian and whether to tell her off or accept her and keep it a secret
4. Newly found writings claim a famous lizard sculptor was gay, and now everyone is tearing down his artwork, and you have to choose whether to tell them to stop.
5. An elf lord's son is going around and killing gay people and you have to decide whether or not to try and stop him.
6. Edmund reveals to you he had a gay experience growing up and that he "rather quite verily enjoyed it".
7. You find out Henry's son is gay, and you have to choose whether or not to tell Henry to accept him for who he is.
8. You find out at the end that Maxos has been your craving dragon peoner the entire time. I guess that story arc explains why he's always in your bedroom.

Edit: Forgot to mention if you agree with the undead alot eventually you get the decision to implement the inquisition, and then the next choice is whether or not to tell them to go after gay people

Last edited by Giga1; 13/03/14 07:06 PM.
addict
addict
I don't even remember some of those and I played through the game several times.

I get that they wanted some social/politic aspect in the game, and they pulled from current issues. I get it. I'm ok with that. Though I agree it does seem to pull the game out of your general fantasy setting.

What bothered me the most was when I was totally against gays, and Scarlett, she did this little "I'm a robot scene", but never left (which I thought she would) and in the end I got the exact same ending for her that I got when I supported her. The exact same ending! That, was really disappointing.

veteran
veteran
I doubt that 6 and 7 are real, and 8 certainly isn't.

There are so many gay issues because that is General Scarlett's personal issue. Each general has their own.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
hahaha Giga1, you have an active imagination because 6,7,8 and the 'gay' angle in your edit are most certainly not in the game!

The reason debates on this topic are rather frequently held, is because -like Stabbey pointed out- it's the 'main theme' if you will in the story arc of general Scarlett.

In answer to LeBurns: if you got the exact same ending for Scarlett something went wrong, because in the very last turn of the game, after your final victory, her conversation should reflect the -if I remember correctly- four different outcomes she can have:

- She can be neutral if you disregarded her storyline during the campaign.
- She can be in denial and wild & drunk as ever.
- She can be happy now that she has been accepted for who she is.
- She can be very sad and serious having joined the Order of Vesta.

Edit: come to think of it, her new attitude is also reflected in the default dialog she has when she has nothing to say about any given storyline - which goes for all the other generals as well.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard