Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Regarding the subquest Spectre at the Feast. How do you keep those damn candles lighted?
I have been running, jumping and dodging around the cluttered room trying to keep the candles lighted and while I have managed to kill a few of the invisible ghosts (I think)I cannot keep all the candles lit long enough to kill all the ghosts.
Do the ghosts' number regenerate if the candles go out?
Is there a good procedure to lighting the candles to keep them lit other than just running around like a madman?
This subquest is not hard, just aggravating, as if the developers encoded the scene with a ,"Oh this will just drive them nuts" Yep, it is doing just that, so before I crush my mouse by a thousand rapid clicks, help, please.

Support
Support

You don't need to keep all of the candles lit, just try not to get down to only one. They don't regenerate if the candles go out; you just start taking more damage and can not attack them.

Do you have your creature active, and a summon, if available (summoning skill bonuses can show up on jewellery)? They may not do a great deal of damage, but they can help, and will at least provide alternate targets, so you should have an easier time switching between attacking spectres and relighting candles.

If you come back at a higher level, with better equipment, being able to do damage faster will make it easier to deal with the spectres.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Ok I have managed to kill all the invisible ghosts and the teleport to the other room that has opened, where I looted the chests. How do I get out of the main room, the one that had the ghosts in it that I killed? I looked carefully for a key in the chests and in both rooms of the quests.
OOOH,
I read other posts which said to get the key from Caracalla's ghost---I must have missed that bit. So is that the way out through the locked door and I have to go back to may last save before the quest starts to replay?
Say it ain't so...but if it is, well, I just will face those damn invisible ghosts again.
thanks.NM

Support
Support
I don't recall having to do anything special to get out of the room...

The key Caracalla's ghost gives you is to get into Crowell's house in the first place. The teleporter to the dead-end room with the treasure is optional; the key to Caracalla's chest there can be found elsewhere in Aleroth:
on Caracalla's (burning) corpse at the south end of the Great Market plaza.

EDIT: loading a save and re-doing that part (I was wrong, you do need to keep all 4 corner candles lit), I had no problem simply leaving when the quest was done.

EDIT2: The barrier across the entrance of the room containing the ghosts should disappear as soon as the quest is complete. Other than that, just check your map; it should be open all the way back to the front door.

Last edited by Raze; 18/03/14 06:41 PM.
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
yes, I had Caracalla's key from the burning corpse; I checked and earlier save game to be sure. So I will go back to the save where I killed the invisible assassins and see if I can leave the room. As of now, the gate from the room containing the chests is locked, and the force-field is still across the area I entered the ghost room. Aslo, I did not get a quest completed message ( the logbook shows it still active, and I got no rewards. \
Going back to game to check it out. More later, THanks, again.

Support
Support

Killing the last ghost there should have removed the force field, triggered a conversation with Caracalla and completed the quest.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Further update: I did the entire room with the invisible assassins again. Killed them all. The teleporter appeared, etc., but the quest log still is active (find and kill Caracalla's killers), Caracalla's ghost is gone. No rewards, the force-field is preventing me from leaving the room. I think this is bugged for me.

Support
Support

That is bugged...
With D2:DC you can at least use the Developer Mode cheat window to leave the house. You could try teleporting to Caracalla and see if that would trigger his conversation and end the quest.

You can also try emailing supportdks@larian.com, with a description of the problem (see the DKS support page). With your save they may be able to fix whatever is wrong with the quest.
Alternately, it is possible if you reload a save before entering the room with the ghosts and do other stuff for awhile, this quest may work properly when you get back to it again.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
finally, on the fourth try, I completed the quest. No idea what was wrong the first three tries.
I did submit the report to Support just before I did the final swing thru, but that is moot, now. Thanks for all your help.NM

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard