Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
I purchased this game about 1-2 months ago and it so good when I tried it. But I dont want play too much because this game is still alpha. I really want to "game over" this game, so when this game actually release??

addict
addict
between april and june more likely

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
The last official information was "Spring 2014"

old hand
old hand
It is hopeful spring of 2014 but if it takes more time they seem committed to take more time (as long as they have money - no clue how presales (on steam) have gone or how much money they currently have). My personal guess is they will skip some features and try really hard for Spring 2014 and then add the missed features as a patch but hopefully they will provide an official suggestion to this thread as to current plans and current condition of game relative to final release.

veteran
veteran
It seems likely that the NPC schedules will be one of the skipped features, added in a later patch.

Other things which are clearly missing - not just "unpolished" or "in need of refinement", but outright missing:

- Direct IP connection (for Co-op)
- In-game text chat (for co-op)
- Pickpocketing
- Second Ring slot
- Second chest(?) Slot on paper doll?

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Ouch... still months away... I hope they really make it worth... Thanks People

Last edited by brisingr90; 20/03/14 01:39 PM.
veteran
veteran
They mentioned in a recent interview that if it wasn't ready by Spring, they would simply push the release date back again. They seem determined this time not to be plagued by the problems of releasing a game before it's ready (something they haven't had much luck with in the past due to publisher demands).

B
B
You know, to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind if NPC schedules didn't get implemented. I know that they're going to (and should) do it since it's a stretch goal, but I could personally do without.

As for release, early summer seems most likely. And that's okay, they should take as much time as they need.

addict
addict
This Schedule thing is a terrible mistake. Just say you won't make it, and sell the game for 5 euros less/give a refund/make it a bargain for coming extension, or include it in a coming extension or free DLC altogether. I am all for night/day cycles, and game effects (like werewolves appearing at night...), but NPC schedules effort/value seems incredibly unbalanced.
Omg, I am getting in this "no news, coming boring week end with possibly no patch" mood again.

they should take as much time as they need.
And I would say they have to work as hard as they must to release the game on Schedule. Yep, that mood again.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
And I would say they have to work as hard as they must to release the game on Schedule. Yep, that mood again.

A good way of getting bugged and incomplete software. I'd rather D:OS was feature-rich and worked properly...

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
This Schedule thing is a terrible mistake. Just say you won't make it, and sell the game for 5 euros less/give a refund/make it a bargain for coming extension, or include it in a coming extension or free DLC altogether.

I'm not the biggest fan of the schedules - but I'm not opposed to them either.

However, barring company collapse, there's no way that Larian can't flat-out refuse to make the schedules - not after taking people's money for it. They even mentioned remodeling Cyseal just to prepare for schedules. It would be extremely bad publicity to throw up their hands and say "not only are schedules not going to be in, but we wasted a tremendous amount of money trying to put them in before giving up". Larian committed themselves when they decided it would be a stretch goal.

But I do think that it probably isn't going to make the initial release, and will be added in later (which is also not the greatest publicity, but that can't be helped).

I am all for night/day cycles, and game effects (like werewolves appearing at night...), but NPC schedules effort/value seems incredibly unbalanced.
Omg, I am getting in this "no news, coming boring week end with possibly no patch" mood again.

Yes, the patch probably isn't coming until next week. I'm restless too, and have been avoiding D:OS as well.

EDIT: *sigh*

Originally Posted by "LarAtLarian"
Thx! The earliest will be end of next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the week after. It's going to be a big one.

Last edited by Stabbey; 21/03/14 11:58 AM. Reason: link to source
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Yes, the patch probably isn't coming until next week. I'm restless too, and have been avoiding D:OS as well.

Same here. Although I'm firmly in the "take as long as it needs" camp, I am not good at actually being patient and would love to see another update.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I'm not the biggest fan of the schedules - but I'm not opposed to them either.

While I really enjoy a day/night cycle, I'm also conflicted over NPC schedules. I like them right up until I have to wait for someone to wake up in order to move a quest forward. smile I'd be perfectly content if they added them in a later patch. However, it seems like something that would need a lot of QA, and if it comes later they will lose the opportunity to take advantage of this alpha/beta testing. Tough one.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
M
addict
addict
M
I don't think they've said anything about releasing the game early, then patching it later to add major features promised in the KS (such as NPC schedules), so I'm not sure where that suggestion is coming from. And considering the amount of work that seems to remain to get the current features working properly and the game (virtually) crash-free - let alone to get the additional features added - I'd personally be surprised if it releases before September/October.

That said, while I'm also really looking forward to the full game, I'm extremely pleased the devs are unwilling to release a rushed and therefore buggy/unfinished product. Larian doesn't want to repeat the experiences they had with publishers in prior games in the series - and without a publisher forcing their schedule for D:OS, they can take the time they need to release a solid product on day one.

Well I hope the NPC schedules will be in the beta or soon as I already can tell on the latest update there are some NPC's doing their activity's such as Robert, Evelyn and more. Though the NPC's on the docks (they might live in their boats and we might be able to get in), markets and so on hasn't have their own houses, which they said they are completely changing Cyseal. I really can't wait what changes they will do on the big update which will probably have everything in for us to test, that's why the update is taking a while.

The day\night cycle will be happening soon, I can sure tell you that as they already implanted the days and time on the log quests. We will have allot of time to test that feature and also can't wait what awaits us at night (Werewolves, Vampires and so on) and with the change of magic and the moon.

Come on guys. NPC's schedules will be great if they are planning to make the side quests more exciting which they should be doing when adding this feature with the day\night cycle: (example)

- One of the NPC's is being suspicious heading to a secret passage in daily routine (intractable such as the NPC will saw "Why are you Following me?" (sneaking is required))

- Few NPC's will be required to be talked at night in some place we have to meet to start the side quest.

- You will notice that one of the NPC daily routine always head to the bar with problems that you may help or not. (when helped the NPC schedule has changed)

- NPC's with daily work\activities like chopping wood, smithing, robbing and more, where they may ask for help from the player.

- You will find a small group of NPC's following into a secret lair (thieves guild or bandits hideout) and they will ask that you need the password to get in or so on.

I can think of allot in my head but these are the things that the developer's should implant when adding those features ($1 million stretch goal), which hopefully they are. If not we have to wait for mods to make the schedules more exciting and enjoyable.

So I also played Divinity 2 and I can't believe I haven't played that game in the past. It has allot of great random side quests very intractable, lot of unique items (collectables sets which hopefully still be in Original Sin), mind read, and so on. I enjoyed it allot though I also can tell the developers are still living on their old routes which must be changed. (I already explain some of the suggestions on the bugs thread).

So lets be patient for this big update and hopefully see the game changed dramatically. I just know they won't release an unfinished game they can't make that mistake again. They just need allot more time and hopefully they extend it around September or later (they probably don't need that much time but we will see what they have done on the next update).

addict
addict
Like we say in my branch, work days last 24 hours, and then, there is the night.

I sometimes wish there was some kind of retribution for delaying things for too long, and hurting people's feelings and tries at self-control.

It feels like being an impotent hostage. God I Hate it.

And if I must lose all self control, fuck you, fuck your "amazing" rpg my ass. Last time you steal my money, guys, I will find other ways to get your games. Are you guys trying to win the longest delay award ? Wasn't the game expected in october 2013, before the stupid "gimme your money so I don't have to give a shit about delays " kickstarter thing ?
Polished ? Deep ? My ass. It will never be. The more updates, the more bugs. and there is nothing added yet, no world interactions, no solid skill systems, no days and night, no schedules, nothing beside a stupid AP fight system. Every step in the stupid cyseal is bugged, unbalanced and boring to the bone.
I have better things to do than to wait for the good will of some devs. Better things to do and game to plays. Far better, actually.

And good fans, you can rest on your "perfect Larian" dreams, I won't show my face here anymore to spoil or hurt your little feelings. I know, good riddance. Shared feelings.
End of transmissions.
Desinstalling.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Lol

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
old hand
old hand
Did I miss something ?

Like we say in my branch, work days last 24 hours, and then, there is the night.

I sometimes wish there was some kind of retribution for delaying things for too long, and hurting people's feelings and tries at self-control.

And if I must lose all self control, fuck you, fuck your "amazing" rpg my ass. Last time you steal my money, guys, I will find other ways to get your games. Are you guys trying to win the longest delay award ? Wasn't the game expected in october 2013, before the stupid "gimme your money so I don't have to give a shit about delays " kickstarter thing ?
Polished ? Deep ? My ass. It will never be. The more updates, the more bugs. and there is nothing added yet, no world interactions, no solid skill systems, no days and night, no schedules, nothing beside a stupid AP fight system. Every step in the stupid cyseal is bugged, unbalanced and boring to the bone.
I have better things to do than to wait for the good will of some devs. Better things to do and game to plays. Far better, actually.

And good fans, you can rest on your "perfect Larian" dreams, I won't show my face here anymore to spoil or hurt your little feelings. I know, good riddance. Shared feelings.
End of transmissions.
Desinstalling.

veteran
veteran

What a great one-liner!

Do you enjoy your job, which apparently requires you to work more than 24 hours per day? Is that the kind of job you put in your full effort to for all 24 of those hours? Do you believe that all companies everywhere should mandate a >24 hour work day, and that those companies who treat their employees REMOTELY like human beings are obviously lazy slackers?

All I hear is "Waah waaah waah". What are you, six years old?

I'm sorry that you do not understand the concept that adding in a ton more features beyond the estimated scope can actually increase the development time. Wow!

Your money was not stolen, you whiner.

Didn't you repeatedly say that you bought the game mostly for the editor and not the game? If you were not familiar with Larian and their previous games, you could have asked what they were like. They have made other games before.

If you didn't understand the concept of "alpha testing", then you should have asked an adult what it meant before you plunked your allowance down for the game.

Spoiler alert: Bugs happen in software development.

Yeah, screw them for not responding personally to you in the hour since you posted.

End of transmissions.
Desinstalling.

Throwing a tantrum and threatening to pirate all future Larian games because an alpha update is delayed a bit?

EDIT EDIT: No one likes it when updates are delayed. Everyone wants to play the new stuff. I myself am going to stop playing until the update is out.

Everyone has some complaints about the game. Everyone would LIKE more reactivity, and they would LIKE for there to be no bugs to mar their experience.

But most people do not utterly lose control and throw a fit (repeated fits, in fact) calling the developers lazy thieves and liars.

So I say with complete conviction: Good riddance, you won't be missed, may you never darken this forum's doorstep ever again, etc...

Last edited by Stabbey; 21/03/14 06:07 PM. Reason: good riddance
journeyman
journeyman
The escalation is strong with this thread...

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard