Next Thread
Print Thread
#484366 14/03/14 09:16 AM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Having completed the latest update, undertaking everything (with one exception discussed below), here are comments which I hope will prove useful.

First of all, congratulations to the Developers on a job well done! This appears to be the most stable version so far - the performance problems experienced at the docks and on first meeting ZixZax in the previous update no longer exist; the environmental changes are fine and the game crashes less frequently.

My character ended this time at level 8, as opposed to an “easy” level 10 with previous versions (except the last, which could not be completed because of the performance problems already mentioned). Point awards are obviously no longer as generous as before.

Whereas previously INITIATIVE considerably influenced ACTION POINTS, it now has no effect on them. Is this intentional, because I could not get sufficient APs to make good use of the crossbow, for example?

Here are cosmetic problems:

- The pedestals in the Burial Mounds are incorrectly dimensioned and so the pendants can not be placed on them (it was necessary to use teleportation to access the chests which, incidentally, now contain far less interesting loot)
- The exit from the Cyseal Statues waypoint portal is to the north of it, and not at the portal itself
- A large white comment “Not Enough Space” appears randomly in some of the rooms - e.g. Town Hall
- Englander still walks through the bed in his room (although Evelyn no longer does); in fact all the characters can walk through the bed between the door and the wardrobe in his room
- Madora’s conversational ability “freezes” if she’s with the party and they kill Englander in his room once the quest is completed (her conversational ability alternatively “freezes” if she’s with the party when they talk to the ghost behind the Giant Crab in Black Cove - at least this used to happen but could not be checked this time round because of the next, and final, point)

MAJOR PROBLEM

Whereas Black Cove is now much more stable (and presumably all quests are theoretically doable) the game crashes when crossing the stream of water on the approach to the Giant Crab. This needs to be urgently addressed since, apart from preventing the “Nightmare” battle, 2 quests (Kitty Love & Lost Love at the Lighthouse) are consequently not able to be completed.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Had no crashes inside black Rock but can't get out because it crashes when trying to leave no matter what.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I've only ever played in single-player mode, but I suspect in multi-player there will be more problems.

Unless you have the teleport pyramids, I see no way out of Black Cove if you can't exit now. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you'll probably have to go back to a save before you entered.

(Whenever I get into Black Cove, with or without the teleport pyramids, I always first exit through the portal, just to make sure it is working!)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hey regadrow,

Thank for the kind words and the detailed feedback.
Could you send a savegame to supportdos@larian.com where you have the crash in Black Cove?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by regadrow
MAJOR PROBLEM
Whereas Black Cove is now much more stable (and presumably all quests are theoretically doable) the game crashes when crossing the stream of water on the approach to the Giant Crab.

I've got this crash too I think. I always crash to desktop walking crossing the stream after the area with the dragon bones. I even crash trying to teleport across. I can stand about half way in the stream but 1 more step and CTD.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Unfortunately, after the referred-to crash I went back to a prior save, got out of Black Cove and completed everything else, overwriting the earlier save so I no longer have it. When I get round to retrying the whole of 1.0.173, I'll report back.

Perhaps Tekray still has the save in question, which he might be able to send to Larian_QA.

stranger
stranger
I did send the save after my CTD. I tried a few quick saves but they all had the bug too. Had to go back to a hard save almost 2 levels earlier and then black cove played fine when I got to that area again...odd

stranger
stranger
Really don't know where to put this but I didn't want to open another thread for that.
So, I'm curious if this is a bug or working as intended:

Found an invisible chest in a cave which I was able to see after casting a rain spell, it also works with ice but I am not able to interact in any way with that thing. Could not find anything about invisible chests here. I want to open this thing really bad laugh

[Linked Image]

Support
Support

Where is that?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

Where is that?

It is ...

... in the abandoned house in the west corner. There is a cave underneath. I don't remember clearly but I believe that this was the path leading to the exit at the graveyard. Not sure about that.

Support
Support

That's what I thought, but didn't want to waste time searching if you had the coordinates handy (from under the mini-map, cropped out of your screenshot). I didn't take long to find, though (it is near the end of that path, near the Undead Pyromaniac fight - X:562 y:195).

Hi all, I have no idea, which is the actual alpha version, so I write here:

- the woman which hates males reacted wrong by me: she spoke with the male character normal and didn't want to speak with the female.
- the cock to be painted is not on the chair but 'in' the chair
- in the hole below graveyard I killed everything but if I go away for a bit and back, the camera is shaking suddenly as if something would explode. Is this normal?
- going into water could quench burning characters (maybe this is already working, so that they don't burn so long?) it could be nice to animate this too, or at least a little sound effect? smile
- shooting fireball to water surfaces takes water away. In case of rivers the water should return
- in the beginning there is a place to be discovered next to the first orc battle (shipwreck on the right and a box), now I cannot go there and cannot open the box

Last edited by Endre; 24/03/14 03:06 PM.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
Support
Support

You can Teleport the crate onto the beach (breaking it) to get any loot that may be in it. You might be able to reach it with Telekinesis, but if so you'd need higher than level 2.
EDIT: nope, Telekinesis level 5 will not let you open the crate there.

Last edited by Raze; 24/03/14 11:17 PM.
journeyman
journeyman

You can Teleport the crate onto the beach (breaking it) to get any loot that may be in it. You might be able to reach it with Telekinesis, but if so you'd need higher than level 2.

In my last play with 173 i was able to open it normally by clicking on it. the char goes under the big stone in front of the wreck (Way back from the crate?!) and opens it ??!

Oh YEAH!
Have fun

Thanks for the tipp, Raze.
I forgot to mention: as I clicked on the box, it opened, but only for a shortest moment and than closed again, so I was not even able to see if something is in there..

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard