Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
And they answered your second point as well:
Originally Posted by ForkTong
We still need to add more portraits, don't worry smile

I still see some problems with it (not a matching portrait for every combination), but it's a valid answer. smile

M
Muslim Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
new update came out but unfortunately I have not seen any steps to solve the problem avatars.
Can you tell if you have plans to solve this problem? or your solution will just draw some unneeded avatars by hand?

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Cant they just filter out the haircolor? For example you have a certain portrait which matches the character, but you changed the haircolor/skincolor, and the the color of the hair/skin in the portrait changes. I mean this would need probably some photoshoping to get a template per character, by just cleaning up the current ones and than apply a color filter on the hair/skin ?

ps : I prefer the portraits above 3d faces.... For example Spellforce 2, didn't like that.

Last edited by Fedayin; 29/04/14 05:06 PM.
veteran
veteran
Will it be possible to bring own portraits to the game? I think it shouldn't be too difficult to add the possiblity and it would be a nice addition to the already great set of functionalities. smile

WOOS
M
Muslim Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Will it be possible to bring own portraits to the game? I think it shouldn't be too difficult to add the possiblity and it would be a nice addition to the already great set of functionalities. smile

it will not solve problems in the confusion of characters, and to connect to your game is not understood which of the characters belongs to a flag or a spoon on the avatar.
In my opinion the only correct solution - to a screenshot of the character when it is created.

Originally Posted by Fedayin
Cant they just filter out the haircolor? For example you have a certain portrait which matches the character, but you changed the haircolor/skincolor, and the the color of the hair/skin in the portrait changes. I mean this would need probably some photoshoping to get a template per character, by just cleaning up the current ones and than apply a color filter on the hair/skin ?

ps : I prefer the portraits above 3d faces.... For example Spellforce 2, didn't like that.

my English is not giving me to understand what you wrote frown

Last edited by Muslim; 30/04/14 02:29 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Muslim

it will not solve problems in the confusion of characters, and to connect to your game is not understood which of the characters belongs to a flag or a spoon on the avatar.
In my opinion the only correct solution - to a screenshot of the character when it is created.

Which confusion??? Pre-made avatars work since the Infinty engine games. I don't understand the problem after all...

WOOS
M
Muslim Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Which confusion??? Pre-made avatars work since the Infinty engine games. I don't understand the problem after all...

The problem is that you need to understand what a game "Divinity".
This game not "Diablo 3" and there is no target level up your character as quickly as possible and stronger.
Game "Divinity" mimics table games , so here aim to play your character, and therefore should be full immersion .
But when you are plugging into the game the other person who created two characters ( Knight and Witch ) and they are avatars (one " hippopotamus " and the other "city " ) in this circus to understand who says what and who your character?

All decisions of the studio "Larian" must start not from the infinite functional , and the idea of the game is aiming ...

Last edited by Muslim; 30/04/14 03:14 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Muslim

The problem is that you need to understand what a game "Divinity".
This game not "Diablo 3" and there is no target level up your character as quickly as possible and stronger.
Game "Divinity" mimics table games , so here aim to play your character, and therefore should be full immersion .
But when you are plugging into the game the other person who created two characters ( Knight and Witch ) and they are avatars (one " hippopotamus " and the other "city " ) in this circus to understand who says what and who your character?

All decisions of the studio "Larian" must start not from the infinite functional , and the idea of the game is aiming ...

I still don't fully understand your point I fear but I will try to answer to it nevertheless...

First, I don't speak about Diablo, I speak about Infinity engine games. If you don't know what that is please look it up. There is a big difference between them. D:OS is in fact much like the classic Infinity engine games in many aspects....

Sceond, my suggestion to be able to include own portraits would add more flexibility and immersion without sacrificing the artistic look and feel of pre-painted portraits. You could just create your own portrait in photoshop fitting the character you created at the beginning of the game or took one from various sites on the internet or even from other games (like the mentioned Infinity engine games...)

And of course in co-op you have to take whatever portrait the host created for his avatars (that's just one of the effects of the hop-on, hop-off co-op concept). The only option to prevent that is to start the whole campaign in co-op together which allows you as the one not hosting the game to choose your own character and fitting portait.

Last edited by LordCrash; 30/04/14 03:23 PM.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Cant they just filter out the haircolor?

Please not... I rather find a nice portrait... doesn't matter if it matches 100% with the ingame avatar.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter

Please not... I rather find a nice portrait... doesn't matter if it matches 100% with the ingame avatar.

Quality of the portrait should remain the same if done correctly

Quality of the portrait should remain the same if done correctly

Hm I think this would mean too much work for a little cosmetic advantage. If I can choose it is better to be able to add our own avatar and we make it look how we want.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
veteran
veteran
I'm not only talking about quality, I am talking about that I might not even *want* the portrait and avatar to look the same.
Something all suggestions here would make impossible.

veteran
veteran
I'm not only talking about quality, I am talking about that I might not even *want* the portrait and avatar to look the same.
Something all suggestions here would make impossible.

Not mine!

If you were able to import own avatars in a certain format you would have all the freedom like before just with even more possibilities! smile

WOOS
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
On the bright side of all that work, they could license the code to others

veteran
veteran
Yup... I like it like that, LordCrash... same way Pillars of Eternity will work, just like the old Infinity Engine games (Baldur's Gate, IceWind Dale).
It really looks extremely better than 3D portraits I can't imagine anyone actually *wanting* that...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard