Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
@rtm and @granmarfunk

Have you tried contacting supportdos@larian.com with a report from our support tool?
http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe

R
RtM Offline
R
Everything comes up as 'Passed'

Is there something I should do with this?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by RtM
Everything comes up as 'Passed'

Is there something I should do with this?

It gives you the option to pack all data into a Report.zip file which includes any error files as well as your save games. You then send this via email with a message describing your situation. The "Passed" messages are just letting you know your system is okay for playing the game.

Edit: Send it to supportdos@larian.com

Sorry, forgot to add the address in.

Last edited by Otaku Hanzo; 26/03/14 08:12 PM.

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
R
RtM Offline
R
OK, so it says (yes, I'm not a tech genius)Error:Can't Find\\Shipping\\EoCApp.exe

And under install path it says *Could not find Divinity Original Sin Installation folder*

I have no idea how to find this or fix whatever is wrong. So, I seem to be unable to send the report. Thanks for the help btw.

Support
Support

You need to browse to the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin' folder if the support tool doesn't find the install path. It automatically adds the '\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' part of the path, even if you browse to the Shipping subfolder.

If you are not sure where it is installed, in the Steam Library right click on Divinity Original Sin, select properties, click on the Local Files tab, then hit the 'Browse Local Files...' button. Windows Explorer will open to the 'Divinity - Original Sin' folder.

R
RtM Offline
R
thankyou

R
RtM Offline
R
Just curious, how long does it take for a reply on average?

Support
Support

It is usually within a day, or two (excluding weekends), but depends how busy they are (and the time difference may be a factor, as well; as I post this it is 1am Friday in Belgium).
Today they were planning on locking down changes in the next update, which could theoretically be released tomorrow if testing goes perfectly, but next week is more likely. That means they are fairly busy, so there could be a delay responding, but the next update is closer, which may help with your problem.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by RtM
Just curious, how long does it take for a reply on average?

Yeah, basically what Raze said. I for one have been immensely happy with the speed at which they've responded to all my correspondence. It's always been within 24 hours not counting the automated response which you should get right away.

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
stranger
stranger
Okay, I got a little issue(a big one actually). Whenever I boot up the game I get a total black screen and everything locks up, forcing me to hard reboot the pc. I tried verifying the cache files, booting it up through the steam folder, updating my drivers but nothing really helps.

I got a Radeon ATI 5780. The Alpha did run for me.

Someone else experiencing the same thing ?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Hi there,

I'm a KS backer, and I'm wondering if you've actually released a Mac version of the beta yet. I got your exciting update, finally installed Steam, tried to download the beta, and, er this:

[Linked Image]

I haven't been sent any package to download, and, as a consequence, I can't play squat. C'est la vie!

Landak #485098 03/04/14 07:48 PM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Geostigma
Whenever I boot up the game I get a total black screen and everything locks up

How long did you wait to see if the loading screen would come up?

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

Originally Posted by Landak
I'm wondering if you've actually released a Mac version of the beta yet.

Not yet. There is a technical problem with a particular piece of middleware that is causing performance issues for the Mac version, but (once that is resolved) there should be a beta release soon.

R
RtM Offline
R
It works for me !!! horsey

Raze #485176 04/04/14 06:37 AM
L
stranger
stranger
L
Awesome beans! I can't wait. Thank you!

RtM #485179 04/04/14 06:50 AM
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Hello,

I just bought the access to the beta yesterday, I was so excited to play with my friend. Solo mode seems to work fine, but we met some problems when we tried to play together in multiplayer mode :

1) When i create a game and my friend joins me, he has a crash at the end of the loading screen and he goes back on Desktop. On my computer, i see him joining the game, and 10s later lefting the game. (if i'm still in the lobby to create the characters, he can join me, but after when i launch the game the same crash occurs)

2) When my friend creates the game and I join him, it works fine.... at first sight. Indeed, EVERY interactive objects (shell, wooden crate, etc...) have the wrong skin and the wrong name. For example, one of the first shell is replaced by a giant rock and has a strange name (i dont remember). And when i click on it, i loot a shell in my inventory. And my friend sees me looting the shell. This is a very strange bug, since when i play in solo everything is fine. But still, it's a very annoying bug, since i cannot see for example the mine in the first dungeon, or several ways seems to be blocked by giant rock, which are in fact just crate (i can pass through the giant rock btw, it's only the skin and the name that are wrong).

3) Also, in the same condition than in 2) (my friend host, i join), i regularly crash and go back to the desktop. It's ok because i can reconnect quickly, but well... it's still annoying.

If you have already met those problems, I will be very gratefull if you could help me.

Cause your game seems to be wonderful. I can play in solo, but as you said it's the multiplayer dimension which is the most interesting and fun (and yes, we were having fun yesterday night, despite the graphic bugs and the crashes, and we died against the 2 soldiers in front of the bridge, after the dungeon, it was a lot of fuuuun :p )

Keep up the good work guys smile

Edit : I am running the game on a Windows 8 64 bits and my friend on a Windows 7 64 bits, maybe there is incompatibility ? I installed it on my laptop windows 7 64 bits this morning, and now it's working fine. But i'd like to play on my Desktop Computer !

Last edited by Yohdu; 04/04/14 10:49 AM.
veteran
veteran
I was in the Cyseal market area and panned over to the house in the undead area on the west side, and clicked to move my character there. Somewhere along the way, the game crashed - not with an "Divinity: Original Sin has stopped working" message, but the Visual Studio "Just in Time" debugger popped up a "Unhandled win32 exception" message.

I am using Windows 7 64-bit, not 32-bit.

EDIT: It just crashed again in that same area, when I was going from the west gate down to the undead section. This time it was "Divinity: Original Sin has stopped working". I came up to the west gate from that direction and it was fine.

EDIT 2: Yep, crashed a third time in the exact same place - just past the barrel (not the water one) "Divinity: Original Sin has stopped working". Is it maybe a problem transitioning the weather from sunny to rainy?

EDIT 3: Maybe my saved game is corrupt, because when I tried to reach West Cyseal via the bucket, the way I did the first time, it crashed immediately. Wonderful.

EDIT 4: Aha. Two files failed to validate through Steam. Maybe that was the problem. I did validate after the Beta, but forgot to after the patch. EDIT 5: Didn't help, that save game is useless now, I'll have to try another.

EDIT 6: I think the original win32 crash has corrupted my entire installation. I deleted the other saved game, and tried loading a previous one (where I was at the undead house), and the game crashed immediately. Time to delete and reinstall the damn thing, apparently.

Last edited by Stabbey; 04/04/14 02:05 PM. Reason: fgdsfgsfghdfgdfgd
apprentice
apprentice
Hi.

First, thank you for this wonderful game!

But the fact is, I can't play it because I have very poor performances. It seems like the game handle quite bad my GPU. The frequency come up and down. When I start a game it's good for 2 minutes then after the performances decrease.

I have a MSI GT780, with a GTX560M. I already sent my dxdiag using the bug report tool.

Cheers smile

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Hello,

Great game so far.

Unfortunately it's hard to play because it's crashing to desktop a lot right now. I think the save game becomes corrupt because sometimes I'll have consecutive crashes that are fixed by loading older saves. Just to note though, there are a few areas that crash no matter what for me now. One is just outside the north gate and to the left, the other is the old church with cultists in it to the northwest of the town. I didn't have any crashing issues when i first tried this game out in the alpha stage.

Landak #487028 05/04/14 11:27 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Landak
Hi there,

I'm a KS backer, and I'm wondering if you've actually released a Mac version of the beta yet. I got your exciting update, finally installed Steam, tried to download the beta, and, er this:

[Linked Image]

I haven't been sent any package to download, and, as a consequence, I can't play squat. C'est la vie!

I got the same error. I fixed it with switching my Steam account to "Allow alpha/beta versions" in Steam->Properties->Account.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I'm crashing at the same place Stabbey is west of cyseal past the barrel, and i have no idea why. I take the other entrance and try to go up the well and i still crash. I reloaded a previous save file and crashed also.

Last edited by CarnageSizor; 05/04/14 02:11 PM.
Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard