Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
I read the one book and made a fish pie but I dropped it on a fire at the Inn and it doesn't do anything. Does it need to be an oven or a campfire per se? How do you start campfires? How do you camp and rest for that matter? How do you refill cups with water?

Inquiring minds want to know how to do these things and more!

Last edited by Cutter; 04/04/14 01:52 AM.

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
addict
addict
You have to deploy a cooking pot, and use food on it.
You refill cup by dragging an empty cup on a filled barrel, if I remind well.
As for your other questions, get ready for some major disappointment (so far) if you expect DOS to be even vaguely interactive in this matter(It seems interaction means breaking/moving/opening barrels/crates/fish stacks around.
Even if the beta has some huge improvements, it seems DOS is not the game I was expecting, world interactions and depth wise.
I thought I would find a golden statue, but once you scratch the paint, it's a block of bricks. My bad, I was, as always, to entusiastic.

So, inquiring mind, get ready to learn everythings there are to learn about interactions in about 30 sec...

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
Thanks. I tried the cooking pot in the inn but it doesn't seem to work so I'm curious if it's still bugged or I'm still doing it wrong.

veteran
veteran
I wonder the same thing regarding this... campfire (like the Inn) does nothing. There's a cooking pot in the cellar on flames, that thing does nothing too.
Explain 'deploy'... since dragging food to it doesn't seem to work.

"Rest" is simply taking a stool, bed, chair etc. It regenerates health.

Also, I wonder, what *did* you expect cromcrom? What interactivity isn't there? What depth is lacking?

EDIT:
Mostly I didn't really paid too much attention to crafting or cooking yet since it's really rather vague. I can combine some stuff in the inventory with others and get ohter ingridients, but actual result; I haven't gained them...

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 04/04/14 08:25 PM.
veteran
veteran
Oh, another question, I found an anvil in the Hall of Heroes, but it's completely inactive? The wetstone does show up when hovering over but cannot be interacted with. Don't you need to use those for crafting?

addict
addict
I didn't notice the rest possibility when sitting or sleeping. I just LOVE those kind of details, I wish there was more of them, that's all.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
I'd really like some official feedback on what's bugged and what's not with all thus stuff atm.

C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
I managed to get a pot setup into a cooking station at the west gate where I could manage some limited cooking. Though the pot wasn't over the fire but setup several feet away - so bug I'm guessing.

stranger
stranger
I've moved a cooking pot on the campfire and created a mobile kitchen, which shows as a question mark in my inventory...bug? but i have also seen it turn into a cooking pot between two sticks, away from the fire as above poster stated.
Once you have a mobile kitchen in your inventory you can use it for cooking fish, fries etc.

veteran
veteran
Yeah, near the west gate I got one. Seeing how the item NEXT to the campfire is also called 'mobile kitchen', which cannot even be interacted with, I'm not sure we're supposed to haul it around in the inventory in the first place.

But that's a question for Larian.
I decide just to do it with one cooking pot (since it reduced value by 6). Cooking fish increases weight from 0.2 to 0.4 (dinner), so decided not to do so until I need the healing.
But... since I can use healing spells after combat, there's not that much need. Can be nice in-combat I presume...

Link Copied to Clipboard