Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Texoru Offline OP
OP Offline
So far the "Arrow Spay" need to be tweaked as it's pretty over powered from using it short distance. You can kill "bosses" with it in one turn with an crossbow with over 100 damage.

Will continue to test more skills out shortly with new characters.

Last edited by Texoru; 06/04/14 08:55 PM.
veteran
veteran
Thanks for the unmarked spoiler.

L
stranger
stranger
L
You can probably cast it twice, using a scroll(never seen one).

Last edited by lain; 06/04/14 01:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by lain
You can probably cast it twice, using a scroll(never seen one).

Probably because they don't exist. Scrolls are for magic spells, not Warrior/Survivor skills.

old hand
old hand
Oh I found a "Arrow Spray" scroll. Makes boss fights way easier, so it's better to save them smile

L
stranger
stranger
L
See, Stabbey? They exist! xD

Texoru Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Nemisis_Dragon
Oh I found a "Arrow Spray" scroll. Makes boss fights way easier, so it's better to save them smile

Though when you are "Ranger" that is one of the starting skills and the cool down is 3 turns I think.

Sorry Stabbey was making an example, though the main quest for the BETA is broken at the moment when you headed to the church.

I think Midnight Oil's slow effect is a bit too powerful at area denial for such a low cost. With Int 9 at level 3 or w/e my Witch could basically halt any melee assaults with near-impunity (costs 3 AP with these stats).

Add to this the fact that you can set it alight for added environmental effects/damage and it's basically extremely devastating.

Ex: If you set a patch of oil on fire you can essentially chain smoke and burning along the ground by linking Midnight oils, causing a wall of death easily formed in a single turn. This is likely a function of fire being too powerful combined with the low AP cost of Midnight Oil, but so be it. I suggest a reduction in burning damage and a 1 point AP cost increase on Midnight Oil.

Last edited by YoungFreshNewbie; 06/04/14 09:57 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard