Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
stranger
stranger
H
I dont think save scumming will a problem in Original Sin. It was a huge problem for me in Divinity 2 though. The loot in this game was so random and there were a lot of items you could only obtain through random loot, e.g. potion or crafting recipes, high level charms, malachite. OS does not have that many items of that type, so I think it wont be that big of an issue.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Eh? Where is this huge mass of posters who are saying that they are forced to save-scum for loot, or that they do save-scum for loot? I don't remember seeing dozens of different people making "I have to save-scum" posts, it just seems to be one poster who is making dozens of posts.

I don't see this topic brought up much at all on the Steam forums and that would be a better place to assess a given topics popularity considering it gets much more traffic than here. I guess most people don't put his concerns as very important. /shrug

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Tanist
I don't see this topic brought up much at all on the Steam forums and that would be a better place to assess a given topics popularity considering it gets much more traffic than here. I guess most people don't put his concerns as very important. /shrug

That's a personal opinion that you're certainly welcome to! smile And you're still dodging that earlier question. wink

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Gyson
Eh? Where is this huge mass of posters who are saying that they are forced to save-scum for loot, or that they do save-scum for loot? I don't remember seeing dozens of different people making "I have to save-scum" posts, it just seems to be one poster who is making dozens of posts.

That's an opinion you're welcome to! smile And you're still dodging that earlier question. wink

An opinion? It is a fact that there aren't many posts on the steam forums concerning your issue.

I am done with your argument. I have no desire to give it any more credibility by continuing to respond to it.

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

That's an opinion you're welcome to! smile And you're still dodging that earlier question. wink

An opinion? It is a fact that there aren't many posts on the steam forums concerning your issue.

I am done with your argument. I have no desire to give it any more credibility by continuing to respond to it.

Yes, it's your opinion. Would you prefer I label it "your ignorant statement" instead? Because either phrase works in this case. Learn to keep your ego in check and roll with the kinder one.

You should know that besides the two threads here, there's also a few additional threads on Steam debating save-scumming. I've seen it brought up in at least 6 different discussions, and it's been the specific topic of 3 threads.

I'm not sure how many times you expect it to show up as the topic of debate before it fits your definition of "important" or on people's minds, but in the end your threshold doesn't really matter at all. If it's not important to you specifically, you always have the option of just ignoring it. Give it a try, for once.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Raze

The entire debate is pointless, anyway.

I find the topic itself interesting, if there's a DOS2 I would hope it do away with randomized loot entirely and go back to hand-placed loot in an open world that makes "where to go" and "what to get first" a strategic choice the player has to make.

Plus It's always nice to share thoughts.

Less off-topic stuff would be nice though, I got the game last week and registered several days ago, and already am suspected of being someone's alt rolleyes

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by gmbodhi

I find the topic itself interesting, if there's a DOS2 I would hope it do away with randomized loot entirely and go back to hand-placed loot in an open world that makes "where to go" and "what to get first" a strategic choice the player has to make.

Plus It's always nice to share thoughts.

Less off-topic stuff would be nice though, I got the game last week and registered several days ago, and already am suspected of being someone's alt rolleyes

To anyone actually interested in the discussion, I certainly apologize for my part in the off-topic arguments. I would prefer they never begin in any thread, to be honest. But someone somewhere always seems more interested in forum PvP than forum conversations.

On the topic of save-scumming, this can be an interesting read for those interested in the subject:

http://criticalmissive.blogspot.com/2012/01/save-scumming-problem.html

I particularly like this part, which is related to what I was talking about a handful of posts back.

"As much as you can force the player to play by the rules, it's often a far better choice to make them want to play by those rules in the first place, and the only way to do this is through smart design from the beginning in every aspect of gameplay."

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T

Yes, it's your opinion. Would you prefer I label it "your ignorant statement" instead? Because either phrase works in this case. Learn to keep your ego in check and roll with the kinder one.

It is a statement of fact that the topic is not brought up much on the steam forums.

Is it your intent to act like a complete idiot?

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

It is a statement of fact that the topic is not brought up much on the steam forums.

Not brought up much on the Steam forums when comparing it to all the threads on the Steam forums? Sure. We can safely say that about a ridiculous number of legitimate topics.

Not brought up much on the Steam forums when comparing it to another random topic on the Steam forum? Debatable, depends on the topic, and doesn't indicate "an important concern".

The only idiots here are the people who say something akin to "I am done with your argument. I have no desire to give it any more credibility by continuing to respond to it." and then returns roughly an hour and two posts later.

Oh, and welcome back.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T

Not brought up much on the Steam forums when comparing it to all the threads on the Steam forums? Sure. We can safely say that about a ridiculous number of legitimate topics.

Not brought up much on the Steam forums when comparing it to another random topic on the Steam forum? Debatable, depends on the topic, and doesn't indicate "an important concern".

The only idiots here are the people who say something akin to "I am done with your argument. I have no desire to give it any more credibility by continuing to respond to it." and then returns roughly an hour and two posts later.

Oh, and welcome back.

Yep, apparently you are intent on such.

addict
addict
Hi people! I am bored so figured I would hop in.. So being serious here and Gyson feel free to whine and cry "troll" all you please *finger twirl* And cut the BS of telling people they missed the point~ kthx lol

Anyway to all of you are so against random loot. I am being dead serious. Please explain to me how this effects you? How does this negatively impact your game..Your personal game to clairfy? Do you lack the self control and fear you will give in and reload?

Random loot makes a game re-playable as you never know what you will get each go through.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Ellary
Hi people! I am bored so figured I would hop in.. So being serious here and Gyson feel free to whine and cry "troll" all you please *finger twirl* And cut the BS of telling people they missed the point~ kthx lol

But... Ellary!!! You missed my point!!! *throws tantrum*

/sarc off

Personally, I don't have a problem with either type of system. There are times I like to have static hand placed loot, but then there are times I enjoy the random system. I figure that whatever the developers choose is fine with me and considering this system has been what they have used through most of their games, I think it would be rather... well... self important to call them wrong and demand they change to fit my individual desire. I mean... doesn't that remind you of the kid in Toys R' Us throwing a tantrum while his mother drags him out of the store?

Last edited by Tanist; 19/06/14 08:01 PM.
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

You should know that besides the two threads here, there's also a few additional threads on Steam debating save-scumming. I've seen it brought up in at least 6 different discussions, and it's been the specific topic of 3 threads.

I'm not sure how many times you expect it to show up as the topic of debate before it fits your definition of "important" or on people's minds, but in the end your threshold doesn't really matter at all. If it's not important to you specifically, you always have the option of just ignoring it. Give it a try, for once.

Oh, look.. *another* new topic regarding loot tables and save scumming just popped up on the Steam forum. There's one more, Tanist! smile

But you knew that already, didn't you, seeing as you already participated in the new discussion. So odd that you would toss your hat into the ring again with it being such an unimportant concern and all.

But, please, let us know when there are enough threads for you to flag the concern as being important to people. Personally, I think it would be "rather... well... self important to assume you can decide what is and isn't important to other people and demand they change to fit your views", but apparently this all hinges on you! wink

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Oh look, we were just talking about it and after that response it mysteriously showed up on the steam forums!

/facepalm

The poster is an idiot. He claims he can't provide the self control to handle the play because he just has to "reload". What a completely stupid argument... it reminds me of another idiots argument. Hmm...

Last edited by Tanist; 19/06/14 08:15 PM.
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Oh look, we were just talking about it and after that response it mysteriously showed up on the steam forums!

/facepalm

And for the 7th time even! I know, right? So weird for something that never shows up there.

addict
addict
and you lost Gyson you cannot even reply as to how it effects you, which proves you are the troll just looking for a pointless debate.

kinda funny all the things that you dislike, you do yourself. hmm odd!

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
and you lost Gyson you cannot even reply as to how it effects you, which proves you are the troll just looking for a pointless debate.

No, it just proves you haven't read the past 6 pages. I don't know why you think you can just stroll in and say something akin to "Ok, I'm going to time out on my trolling now and get serious for a minute - everyone explain to me why this matters to them" and expect people to jump to it.

You want the answers? Stop being a lazy troll and read the thread. Pro-tip for you: it's not that long a read if you skip all your useless responses.

By the way, thanks for the bump! woehoe

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T

There you go, trolling him and misunderstanding him! Why... he is right, just ask him! If you need any people to vouch for him, hang on while he logs into another account and has them nod in agreement.

addict
addict
trolling? it's what I do yo! All over deez forumz! all I see when I read is Whine Whine Whine Whine "Someone might reload a chest!" that does not explain at all how it effects you.. are you to stupid to comprehend that? fun to sling insults is it not!?

You are always going on how people are to stupid and miss points, well you are missing the major point..How does it effect your game, your personal game? You can sit and cry troll all you want, does not change the fact you can not give a valid reason as to how it effects you.

Fact is none of the people who complain about it have a valid reason how it effects them at all. There is no support for a debate cause this is a one sided effect. No other parties are effected by the decision made.

Hate me all you want I love it, call me a sharp minded troll diva til your lil ego balloons up. It's your go to when you know your wrong. ^_^

Edit! forgot to add in

trololol trololo *hairflip* *sharp mind pose?*

Last edited by Ellary; 19/06/14 08:30 PM.
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

There you go, trolling him and misunderstanding him! Why... he is right, just ask him! If you need any people to vouch for him, hang on while he logs into another account and has them nod in agreement.

LoL. Is that what you're suggesting is happening? Wow, you have a suspicious mind, and obviously a big ego if you think I'm going to bother with that.

Did you even bother checking his profile, Captain Conspiracy? You figured me out. Years ago I set up this alternate Steam account and purchased duplicates of many of the games I own just so, on this day, I could achieve my goal of making you look like an idiot. You uncovered my master plan.

Why would I actually do all that when all I need to do is just let you ramble on. The result is the same in the end.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard