Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Hi there!
So been playing around in the beta and I got an issue with NPC's just dying all the time (by status effects on the ground like acid that stays for ever) so I resurrect them and now they will not talk to me..

*****SPOILER*******

Example the dog (jakes dog) it died after I killed jakes "body" in the graveyard. (the body left acid or poison on the ground)
So I resurrected the dog and now it will not talk to me (it's part of a quest)

So bug? or WAD?

If it's WAD so please change it..

veteran
veteran
I wonder if the bug is that you can resurrect NPC's at all? That seems like it would just be confusing and break all kinds of scripts if you could kill and then resurrect NPC's.

old hand
old hand
Resurrection feature is not consequently considered.

On some NPCs, like Victoria, you can kill -> resurrect, kill -> resurrect and so on. And on other you can't, like Evelyn or the guys at the church. There should be a kind of flag or property, something that the player knows if the NPC can be resurrected or not.

Furthermore it would be very cool if NPCs would behave different when they see / meet resurrected characters, like the mayor + Victoria for example.

veteran
veteran
Or they could change the name of the combat resurrection "Dead" status to "Dying"/"Comatose" and remove the ability to resurrect NPC's. Not allowing NPC's to be resurrected because they're actually dead and not "Dying" or "Comatose" would be easier to explain and easier to code, I think.

Link Copied to Clipboard