Print Thread
Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16
M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Adding problems with highlighting/selecting enemies in combat to the OP as a "controls" issue.

L
stranger
stranger
L
"Sort inventory" option would be great.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Mikus
A couple issues/questions:
There seems to be some weird stuff going on with the left-most column of the inventory grid. If you place an item in the left-most slot of the bottom-most row of the grid (if lower than the top five rows that are always visible), then close the inventory window, you can no longer access that item without first dragging something else down to that row to view it. Also, at least in the alpha (I still need to test the beta), items in the left-most column of the trading panel sometimes couldn't be interacted with, and displayed no tooltip info. Has anyone else noticed things like this?

I second this, I had to drag an item over my axe, axe was in the left most column of the inventory, before I could use the axe again.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Right on, Iain - a "sort inventory" function seems to be a popular request, and it's in the list.

Also editing the OP to add another repeated request from elsewhere: switching control to another character shouldn't interrupt the previous character's started action (walking/magic/etc.).

veteran
veteran
@ Mikus;
From what I can tell 1 rank in barter (all I got, from traits) lowers cost by 10% and increases selling price by 10%

Affection seems to increase/decrease gold cost of 1 per affection rating (tested this using -3/0 on a 100 gold item, might also be percentage based).

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Thanks for the info, HH. So has anyone taken more ranks in Barter? I'm really curious what Barter 5 will get you, though that might be difficult to test in the beta (without cheating somehow).

Two more things:
-Does the "0" quickslot key work for anyone? Doesn't for me.
-Does item splitting work for anyone? When I shift-click on an item stack in the inventory, I get the slider interface, but when I set a number and hit the check mark, the stack doesn't actually get split.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
OK, one more thing to try to confirm: can a party member ever actually equip an unidentified item?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Not sure if this has been mentioned but it would be great to be able to switch between characters in the barter menu.

Also it would be handy being able to mark items as junk so that when you come to barter you can one click all your junk items to sell.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
  1. Split character sheet and inventory tabs. Currently it takes too much space, while most of the time you need only one of them.
    Leave Gear with inventory, but put it to the left and make inventory be same height as gear tab. This will display more items and make enough space for few more filter buttons.
  2. Add small checkbox to character sheet to filter-out 0 level skills. This will make it easier to see all relevant skills of a character, just like in character creation.
  3. As mentioned many times - inventory sorting.
  4. Left-click to pickup items instead of drag. It will allow for easier crafting of items that require ingredients from different tabs.
  5. Junk bag will be awesome. Just allow players to tag items as junk. And add "take all to junk" near "take all" button in container. And then add inventory tab for junk.
  6. Allow switching between characters in barter screen. Of course characters need to be close enough to trader. Or should they? We already have magic pockets, why don't use them for trading? Barter skill of player that initiated trade should be used.

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 07/04/14 02:32 PM. Reason: added barted switching
M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
SDP80 and EnderWiggin - great ideas. Unfortunately I guess I've tried to edit my OP way too many times, so I can't add to the original list anymore (LOL), but I know Larian is trying to read every post anyway.

So the whole "left-click to pickup items instead of drag" thing is at the very top of the OP, since I also think it would be a very simple and huge player convenience fix. As for my original suggestion of a junk bag, I now think your and others' idea to simply be able to "tag/mark" items for later quick sale would be a little easier for Larian to implement. That said, this should also be done in conjunction with my "Items should be consistently arranged/ordered in all inventory/trading grids/windows" suggestion - it may seem nitpicky to some, but the current implementation is incredibly annoying: I try to keep stuff I want to sell (or don't want to sell, like hotkeyed items) together in one part of the inventory grid, but the random resorting for the trading screen means I have to hunt through dozens of items and pick out each thing to sell one by one.

As to switching between characters in the barter screen, since the arrows are there, I assume it's already planned but just not working yet. But I agree we really need that in the final version.

Anyway, keep the ideas coming - these sorts of changes/fixes are relatively simple (compared to the other huge things Larian has been doing with gameplay), but really allow players to spend less time on the boring stuff - inventory management etc. - and more time enjoying the game.

stranger
stranger
For me the most confusing thing about inventory is how the windows display.
I only noticed by accident that I could drag the windows and place them next to each other.

With that sudden realisation using the inventory windows became a bit more intuitive. I think if you have two inv open they should tile automatically. Also the inventory of the current character needs to be highlighted (e.g. a gold border like the character button). The amount of times I've right clicked on an inventory item to use it only to get frustrated that it didn't work (because the other character was active!) is beyond counting now.

I'd also like more keyboard shortcuts.

The tutorial says something about CTRL-clicking on an enemy to see its effects. I never got that working. I'd like a way to select an enemy character (portrait) so I can then hover over the effects on it to see what they do.

I'd like F1-Fx to select a character in order from top. (Currently seems to try and cast my first spell)

I'd like SHIFT and CTRL modifiers to bring up the other 2 toolbars. So SHIFT-1 casts spell one on toolbar two. Maybe also have Shift-UP and Shift-Down cycle the toolbars.

I like that I can now cast spells using the character (and enemy) portraits. What's missing is some way of just hitting them. E.g. if I CTRL or ALT click on a portrait it just tries to whack that enemy with their weapon (It should show projected movement if I over over the portrait with the modifier pressed).

I'd like a quick way to move stuff between characters. Manually dragging gets really annoying quickly. Maybe allow multi-select or modifier like ALT-Left-Click to send to other character (get's trickier if you have more than 2, I know, will need some thought).

I'd like a visual indication if placing two thing over each other will do something. I like the experimenting to see what stuff does, but after dozens of items just swapping places in my inventory I got fed up with it and just sold everything.

I'd like more options for ALT. E.g. show containers, highlight NPCs (and their names), usable objects, items that can be picked up; it seems a bit inconsistent at the moment. I think this could all be done with a single outline, or with different colours maybe, and possibly options as to what's shown. (For Ironman mode, is there such a thing?, maybe disable ALT completely smile )

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Xzanron
The tutorial says something about CTRL-clicking on an enemy to see its effects. I never got that working. I'd like a way to select an enemy character (portrait) so I can then hover over the effects on it to see what they do.

It's CTRL + mouse-over, and that's actually broken right now.

I'd like F1-Fx to select a character in order from top. (Currently seems to try and cast my first spell)

That's already in and working. You must be pressing the number keys, not the F-keys.

I like that I can now cast spells using the character (and enemy) portraits. What's missing is some way of just hitting them. E.g. if I CTRL or ALT click on a portrait it just tries to whack that enemy with their weapon (It should show projected movement if I over over the portrait with the modifier pressed).

Agreed, as sometimes it's actually hard to click on enemies.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
  1. Split character sheet and inventory tabs. Currently it takes too much space, while most of the time you need only one of them.
    Leave Gear with inventory, but put it to the left and make inventory be same height as gear tab. This will display more items and make enough space for few more filter buttons.

Probably a good thing, but not entirely. On one hand this may be implemented to expand the character stats and info, cause now it's incomplete. On the other hand, character menu (inventory, traits, talents, and attributes) is quite stylishly designed, i like it.

veteran
veteran
For the Wishlist: In combat I'd like some kind of "facing" indicator in the circle under an enemy's feet so I know where to stand for proper backstab positioning. It's not always clear from the enemy's stance, and even when you're being careful, you can be off by just enough to do normal damage.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
For me the most confusing thing about inventory is how the windows display.
I only noticed by accident that I could drag the windows and place them next to each other.

Right, and I'd also like it if the inventory/skills windows "remembered" their locations on screen the next time you opened them.

I'd like SHIFT and CTRL modifiers to bring up the other 2 toolbars. So SHIFT-1 casts spell one on toolbar two. Maybe also have Shift-UP and Shift-Down cycle the toolbars.

Keyboard shortcut(s) to cycle through quickslot bars has my vote as a "would-be-nice-to-have" too.

I'd like more options for ALT. E.g. show containers, highlight NPCs (and their names), usable objects, items that can be picked up; it seems a bit inconsistent at the moment.

This is another pet peeve of mine: ALT currently highlights most items that can be looted (but not all - see the OP for some of the bugged exceptions), as well as chests, but doesn't highlight any other type of container (which it probably should to be consistent, as other containers usually contain less valuable loot than the already highlighted chests anyway) or any usable non-lootable objects (like switches and levers). But I really like that ALT highlights keys, valuables/gems, etc., since it minimizes pixel-hunting (which I personally don't find fun). That said, I second your mention of an option in the difficulty/controls menu to enable/disable highlighting of at least things like keys for those who do enjoy that kind of thing.

Originally Posted by Stabbey
For the Wishlist: In combat I'd like some kind of "facing" indicator in the circle under an enemy's feet so I know where to stand for proper backstab positioning. It's not always clear from the enemy's stance, and even when you're being careful, you can be off by just enough to do normal damage.

This I also like.

Finally, I found a couple more things to add to the OP's list of "nonequippable items that should stack": some hams, some bottles of beer. Also, a couple items seem to have duplicates with slightly different names, though I'm not sure whether that's intentional: "Cyseal Pie" vs. "Cyseal Fish Pie"; "Eye" vs. "Creepy Eye." Anyway, I'm assuming Larian is still reviewing every single item for bugs/glitches, so hopefully making all identical nonequippable items stack with each other (like they successfully did with lockpicks in the recent update, and have already done with many other items) won't be too difficult.

Last edited by Mikus; 08/04/14 05:48 AM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Also nice would be "backstab angle" indicator too, like Dragon Age did.

F
stranger
stranger
F
I would really love to see this:
1. Any sort of pause. Especially in combat when someone distracts you and you may lose turns.
2. There are so many keys in my bag, it is all very confusing now. Some of them I don't need anymore, but I'm afraid to throw them away, because some definately were not used. It would be great if keys didn't take so much space in bags. My English fails me here, sorry, there is a word for a thing but I forgot it. Bunch of keys? hmm...
3. I wish bottles, cuttlery and crafting materials would stack.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Fluffy
Any sort of pause. Especially in combat when someone distracts you and you may lose turns.

In combat the games becomes turn based. You can't miss your own turn because nothing will happen and nobody will act until you end your turn (hour glass button, pressing enter or using all your action points). Or did I misunderstand your first point?

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by motoko

In combat the games becomes turn based. You can't miss your own turn because nothing will happen and nobody will act until you end your turn (hour glass button, pressing enter or using all your action points). Or did I misunderstand your first point?

I have lost a few turns actually. I assumed there was time limit for everyone, not just enemies. Is it a bug then?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Fluffy
I have lost a few turns actually. I assumed there was time limit for everyone, not just enemies.

Oh sorry I didn't waited for so long. I assumpted when it's turn based you have an infinite amount of time to do your turn. If that is wrong and you get a force end turn that's strange. :-/

Page 2 of 16 1 2 3 4 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard