Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hi all,

The next big update will be by the end of next week, most likely on April 24th or 25th. It's a pretty big one featuring quite a few surprises you may not have been expecting. Personally I think it's almost as big an improvement as when we went from alpha to beta with plenty of bug fixes, balancing changes, usability improvements and a very respectable list of additions, courtesy of our hidden feature list that we're not telling anybody about. Expect things like formations, difficulty levels, much better pathfinding with party members avoiding traps and more!

Sadly that does mean that save games will not be compatible, so if you have any ongoing sessions, make sure to finish them by wednesday April 23rd.

Have fun this weekend!

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
That's groovy like a drive-in movie.

Last edited by Cutter; 18/04/14 11:29 PM.

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
addict
addict
I don't know what to think...

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
I don't know what to think...

Same here. "Expect big surprise", hidden features, hmm all this mean anything rolleyes

apprentice
apprentice
I hope atleast one new zone will open,but anyways the update sounds awesome.

veteran
veteran
We've only just opened Zone 1 completely. I would not expect a new zone so soon. I'm not even expecting a second zone to open before the game is done.

old hand
old hand
I could have sworn they said the next update would include more of the world so I would in fact expect to see a second area along with fixes to repair better balance and perhaps (surprise?) mac port ?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by meme
I could have sworn they said the next update would include more of the world so I would in fact expect to see a second area along with fixes to repair better balance and perhaps (surprise?) mac port ?

Beats me where you heard that, but there's no mention of that in the Kickstarter update. They did say no new areas would be added to Cyseal.

stranger
stranger
Thanks for the update on the update! Game rocks...

journeyman
journeyman
really looking forward to it

PS:Hope the crafting is revised

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Stabbey
They did say no new areas would be added to Cyseal.

Proof?

veteran
veteran
It's a direct quote.

Note though, that Cyseal is the entire first map. If you want to be optimistic, you would be correct no noting that he didn't say no new maps.

addict
addict
I'm expecting Cyseal to be the only thing we will get in the beta. Think sandbox for us players to test various things and get a general idea of how it will all unfold.
No point in giving us too much of the game or else come release nobody from early access will be playing anymore. That would be kinda sad wink

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
apprentice
apprentice
I am sorry if this was answered,but how big is the released part of the game compared to the complete length of the game for example is it 20% of the whole game or more/less than that.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Swen mentioned that the released content is about 20-30% of the final game, this depends on your play style though.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Rainer
really looking forward to it

PS:Hope the crafting is revised

Yeah, I hope crafting is working all around.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Elwyn
Swen mentioned that the released content is about 20-30% of the final game, this depends on your play style though.

I sure hope not. That would make for a *very* short CRPG. I wouldn't be very happy if that's the case.

apprentice
apprentice
Well I figure if its about 30% then the whole game will be around 40-60(?) hours depending on your play style,but you know thats just my guess laugh .

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by Cutter
Originally Posted by Elwyn

I sure hope not. That would make for a *very* short CRPG. I wouldn't be very happy if that's the case.

Here is the source, transcript of the Twitch TV session: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=484842#Post484842 (search for "final game")

Now, the content in Cyseal is about 20-25 hours long depending on your play style. So, the final game will be about 60 - 80 hours long (again depending on your play style).

old hand
old hand
Ive just started playing the beta, few days ago. Very pleased with the game.

Looking very much forward to this new update, which will give me time to collect thoughts and maybe write about things not already mentioned and talked about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard