https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HevrTza0Nxg

Yeeehaw!!!

german: Juhuuu!

So happy now, thx Larian! smile

M
stranger
stranger
M
Don't get me wrong I'm glad we have a release date but are we going to have more companions? I only saw the only two I know of. Have I not found all the companions?

addict
addict
More....bugs ?
OMG, what a dick I am.
However, great news, to be taken with a grain of salt. Words only bind those who believe them.
And great tribute to the backers, that shows the spirit.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 25/04/14 11:13 AM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
I'm really happy that we already have a release date. Ok, maybe a bit early, but I think it will go fine. Now they still have almost 2 months to polish, we can help further with bug reports (after release too), and finally we get the physical stuff as well.
And the editor! Yuhheeee

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
M
addict
addict
M
As I mentioned a few weeks ago, although I'm of course looking forward to playing the final release of D:OS, I'm very concerned about how buggy the final product might be. It's taken several months to get the beta area (Cyseal - which is apparently only 20/30% of the entire game) to a relatively stable state, but even there, many bugs remain. That in itself isn't unexpected, but my concern is that the remaining 70/80% of the game, unlike the beta area, hasn't been tested by thousands of early access players. Add to that the facts that significant new features/game system tweaks are still happening (which I in fact appreciate, though I really hope some much-needed UI improvements that have so far been lacking are also added, like inventory sorting, a key ring, consistent item stacking, etc. - see also the "UI Wishlist" beta forum thread), and only two months now remain to final release, and you have a possible recipe for disaster.

I understand Larian's been working extremely hard under a very tight budget. I'd just hate to see a buggy release (particularly in the mid/late game) overshadow Larian's hard work.

Anyway, hope I'm not being too much of a wet blanket here. I can't wait to check out the latest update when it's online - been having a blast so far!

old hand
old hand
Bug fixing goes a lot faster when you aren't working on features at the same time. They have a couple of months now to focus on it and they have shown that they can get a lot done in a relatively short period of time. There will still be some at release for sure, but it's not like they won't patch the game, and I'm confident that what we'll have at release will be in decent shape.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
old hand
old hand
Two months? That seems a bit too soon.

I guess they have to sell some units too... but i wouldnt have minded if they took more time to really make OS as good as it can be.

Then again expansions, addons... hm, hmm.

Guess we will see how this new version fares.

old hand
old hand
From what I've seen and tested I'm really surprised by the IMHO way too early release date. It feels like they're rushing it out (again) too early.

I'm really sceptical...please take your time Larian.

addict
addict
But on the other hand, it's been a whole year since Kickstarter. Game was supposed to be almost finished already, and the KS campaign was supposed to be some icing on the cake, and add new features.
A whole year of waiting, more for some people that have been following the game from early before kickstarter (may 2012 for me).
As we say, better is enemy of good.
It has to stop, has unnerving as it may sound, and go for the best they can achieve at this time.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 25/04/14 05:13 PM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere

Link Copied to Clipboard