Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 30 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 29 30
Support
Support

In the Steam Library, right click on 'Divinity Original Sin' and select Properties; then, in the Local Files tab, click on the bottom 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Beta is alot of fun but:

- Sound FX and music stopped during the first fight with the orcs at the beach and would not return.

- "Lid of a barrel" is not destroyed when used to trigger an explosive trap... very odd

- When moving a "vase" in the very first cave of the game, near the tomb, it was suddenly placed on the top of a pillar. After that odd incident I could not use it again because (as the game correctly informed me) that the object was "too high"

- I find it very odd that level 1 characters without "telekinesis" can throw around heavy chests just like that. Imo that should not be possible.

Question: is the last point I made suitable for this thread or should I post stuff like that somewhere else?

regards!

Last edited by Valurium; 17/04/14 08:26 AM.
Support
Support

There are several topics with various feedback and suggestions. Technically, the 'Technical issues' topic was just intended for game stopping issues, rather than miscellaneous bugs, but it hasn't strictly stuck to that.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Despite what is said, my game still crashes when I try to save (normal or quick)

Support
Support

Can you not save at all, or is it only after a certain point (such as trying to return to the Black Cove or the Homestead) that you can not save?

S
stranger
stranger
S
after visiting end of time after churchyard

Support
Support

Since that is a known issue, hopefully it will be addressed in the next update.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi,

I'm trying to play the game on a touchpad, but cannot get my right-click (two finger tap) to work with the game, so cannot use any items.

Barrett

S
stranger
stranger
S
Nevermind - turns out it's a touchy triple-click that's required. Would be great to have an easier option like a hotkey to open.

old hand
old hand
I dont want to make a whole thread about this but...

How do i escape from the Zix Zax ...Zizax? dimension? Ive clicked on everything i can but nothing happens. Im trying random crazy combinations now to see if there is some weird, mysterious sequence i need to do...

I found several instances where im taken to it, in different parts of the game.
I talk to him fine, take a look through the telescope and we go through the portal, see and talk to TW, - and he gives me the pyramid at the end. (when i try to use it it tells me its too far from the other one)

But nothing seems to work afterwards.
Im just stuck there.

I can go back to the first area, where i met him but nothing changes either.
There is a kind of a "Hand portal" in TW area that seems like it should be clickable - but nothing happens when i do. The rest are inert.

Am i supposed to get two items from ...Zix Zax or just the pyramid?

The solution is probably something very simple and right in front of my face but i just dont see it.
This and few other smaller things are the only things that arent immediately clear and understandable just by themselves.

Am i having a bug or ...what?

Support
Support

On the right edge of the screen, below level of the mini-map, there is a new UI element added which grants access to 'Rift Travel'. It is suppose to get a green flashing indicator, like when your characters have levelled up, but for some reason that isn't working when you first go to the homestead (it is triggered when there is a reason for you to return).

old hand
old hand
Ah, ok. Ill try that and see if its working in a few minutes. Thanks.
havent noticed anything flashing... or any new Ui elemets appearing, but i might have just missed it.

Ill write that down as one of the few rare things that are not easily understandable in the game (though i suspect im a rare case of missing that one) - that should be improved a little bit. Not by overblowing it into some fireworks and fanfare special effects. Just a little bit.

Most of such examples i found so far are created by the simple fact that the game suddenly wants you to do something you haven't encountered as a mechanic or a feature before that specific instance.

A few words added to dialogues or text descriptions in a relevant book would completely solve those kinds of problems.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Game crushes after every attempt to save game after entering the map CYS_BlackCove. Is there any simple solution to this issue or do I have to wait for a fix?

veteran
veteran
You'll probably have to wait for the patch later this week (although it will wipe your saves entirely, and you will have to start anew)

Raze #491587 25/04/14 12:39 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by Hohenheim
can u add in game-options 1600x900 resolution?

If you set your desktop resolution to 1600x900, does that get it to show up in the resolution list?

Nope. List of resolutions reducing to 1440x900 (16:10).
But changes in config works fine.

P.S:
I will not lose hope of seeing this small request made​​.
Best regards, Hohenheim.

N
stranger
stranger
N
After 25/04/2014 patch. Cannot active boxes/crates (ie can't open them) after going to the steam overlay (hitting shift+tab). Returning to main menu and reloading the map fixes the issue. Very reproducible.

Thank you

Support
Support

When that happens, hit the Shift key. This isn't an issue if you close the chat window before bringing up the Steam overlay.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Larian_QA

Problem 5:
I can't connect to my friend or vice versa

No Solution Yet
If you have this issue, please use the support tool mentioned above to send a report.zip. This will help us track down the problem as it contains log info about your connections.
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe

Copy of my email to supportdos:

"On April 23rd, after playing 40+ hours of coop with my friend over the course of a few days, the game randomly hung at 'releasing data'. We waited a good 3 minutes to see if it would eventually load but it didn't so I alt-f4'd (normal loading time is under 5 seconds). When I restarted the game my friend couldn't join me anymore.

I can switch the gem to yellow, blue or green, but my 'invite player' (now assign.. as of today) button on the escape menu is grayed out, and the one on the choose connection screen (the square) does nothing. My friend can't join me through steam friends as join game is grayed out, but I can join him just fine.

Restarted the computer
opened all ports for Steam
Opened ports for Divinity
Opened myself to the DMZ
Started a new game
Reset the Router
Turned off all firewalls
(( made sure it was allow invites and allowing joining)) *tried all settings*
Verified Integrity of game cache - no problems found
No antivirus on this PC

There is no reason for it just to stop me from inviting people, my buddy can invite me and I can join him no problem but I can no longer invite anyone since the crash, I'm out of ideas.

I also tried inviting my friend while in his game (this is the only place I can invite from... other player's games), then starting a new multiplayer game, then having him go to main menu > accept the invite after my game loads up. It tells him game not found. \o/

I uninstalled Divinity: Original Sin and Steam including documents/larian/divinity original sin folder. Then, I manually deleted everything related to Larian, Steam, Valve, eocapp, and supporttool in regedit + left over folders. Re-downloaded everything and... still can't host co-op, but can join fine...

Short of a full on reformat I don't know what to do at this point. Is it possible that Steam's matchmaking or Divinity still sees someone is connected to me since they didn't disconnect properly, thus causing the functionality of inviting players, or allowing them to join my game, to be disabled? (2/2 players, can't invite more type of thing..)

This happened as of v1.0.229, but persists to today's patch of v1.1.30."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I figured out how to reproduce this bug, as it almost happened to my friend today as he was hosting the game this time.

As we loaded into cove my game crashed to desktop - his was stuck at the loading screen. He asked me "Should I close the game?" over mumble. I said "No, wait. I'll try reconnecting." So I reloaded Divinity and tried rejoining his game. Sure enough the game synced us and loaded into cove. If he would have closed his game any time before I reconnected, he could have possibly been bugged like me and unable to host coop.

So my suggestion to QA to test this is to have player A host a game, then upon loading into any area, have player B force close his game while it's loading. If player A is stuck on the loading screen at this point, and closes his game, he should no longer be able to host coop as it's stuck trying to sync to a user that crashed out of the game. Player A's game doesn't load until player B reconnects, but if player A closes his game before player B reconnects, he may be bugged and can't host coop anymore. If this is the case, there needs to be a timeout mechanism in place to let the host's game load into maps if the 2nd player crashes while loading.

That's my theory anyway, too scared to test it further myself since I enjoy playing coop with my friend. :0

Hope this helps you guys pin this one down and get it fixed.

Last edited by demise; 26/04/14 09:27 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I have an asus 27 inch 1440p monitor. When I launch the game it runs in 800x600 when I enter options to change the resolution the resolution choices are all blank.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Found unidentified magic silver ring that says it needs loremaster level 1 to identify. But when I try to identify it, it says I have not enough lore. Other items with lore lvl 1 requirement worked fine.

Page 19 of 30 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard