Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
If I equip ring with lore skill boost, and after it in other slot some other ring, lore boost will disappear until I re-equip first ring.

EDIT: this happens with any ring. Second ring overrides bonusest of first one.

Last edited by EnderWiggin; 26/04/14 08:33 PM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by b_man_swag
I have an asus 27 inch 1440p monitor. When I launch the game it runs in 800x600 when I enter options to change the resolution the resolution choices are all blank.

Is the monitor running at a non-standard refresh rate, or anything like that?
If you change your desktop resolution, does that get any resolutions to show up in the game options?
Can you change to a windowed mode, then adjust the game resolution?

Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.

It is possible to manually set the game resolution and display mode:
You can edit the graphicSettings.lsx file (in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin' folder) in Wordpad, or other text editor, to manually change the resolution. Search for the section:

</node>
<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ScreenHeight" type="22" />
<attribute id="Type" value="0" type="5" />
<attribute id="Value" value="1600" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ScreenWidth" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="2560" type="4" />
</node>

Search for 'fake' near the start of the file to set the display mode (if both FakeFullscreen and Fullscreen are set to zero, it will be in Window mode).

<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="FakeFullscreenEnabled" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="0" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="FrameCapFPS" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="60" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="Fullscreen" type="22" />
<attribute id="Value" value="1" type="4" />
</node>

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

S
S
When I load the linked save game, the attacks I perform with a double handed axe on the battlemage seem to attack three times on a single attack as evidenced by three consecutive "miss" messages on the target. If I do hit, which is rare even with a 95% displayed to-hit chance, I only do 1 damage against level 5 skeletons even through my damage range is from ~50-~115.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wosmyt28n6s0ap8/QuickSave_2.7z

Last edited by SacredWitness; 27/04/14 06:42 AM.
Support
Support

With your save I played a few rounds and only missed once (well, one set of 3), usually doing 2 or 3 damage per hit (3 hits per swing). There may be a damage penalty for not having any points in the two handed ability.

S
S
Two things. 1) the three hits seemed odd. Before, one attack command was one attack. 2) Even without points in two handed I was still getting very good damage and the range on the character sheet was accurate.

So, either no points in a skill should have the three attack thing going for just a couple damage per hit, or the three attack thing is a bug in spite of having no points in two handed.

Edit: I tried going back to an earlier save with the axe to display where I saw single hits for good damage but I was unable to find one.

I did try to switch to a new two handed weapon in my inventory and the game crashed.

Last edited by SacredWitness; 27/04/14 05:55 PM.
Support
Support

Drag and dropping the axe out of the equipment slot first and then equipping a different weapon should work. I noticed it crashed shortly after trying to equip a broom by right clicking. The immediate symptom was the mouse-over sound effect would start repeating when hovering over an inventory item, rather than being triggered just once; a few seconds to minutes later the game would crash.

If you un-equip/re-equip the axe you will start doing a single hit of normal damage. Originally I tried un-equipping everything, and then re-equip all but your second ring (Visionary Copper Ring of Blackened Depth), and the attacks started working. I got it to glitch again re-equipping the ring once, but trying it again a couple times there was no problem.

S
S
Did this and made a save and the fight wasn't going my way so I reloaded the save. The issue came back. There's a bug.

P
stranger
stranger
P
when exiting from the tutorial dungeon thing, the game attempted to quick save (automatically) and was stuck. chat was active, but the gameplay was disabled with the spinning SAVING...
Windows 8.1

Same issue occured just now with pressing F5, saving hung...

Last edited by PutinHuilo; 28/04/14 04:31 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
I quick saved as I entered the first fight next to the tutorial dungeon place. when I loaded game to that quicksave, the main guy that spawned 3 skeletons also fought me. I re-loaded a few times to that save, and every time the main guy was a part of the fight, but not supposed to be, cause he is waaaay to strong. when the game loads into the fight, the main guy spits out "Force End Turn!" messages which end with Force Failed or something like that...
see screenshot https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30196278/DOS_ForceEndTurn_bug.png

Has anyone else found Black Cove to be crash-prone in the latest version? In particular, using "Rain" to put out fires - any fires - in this area seems to guarantee a crash anywhere from immediately to within a couple of seconds in my current play-through.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Some bugs I noticed in my play through

1- A big rock near the Town Graveyard you can walk through it like a ghost. (its south of the graveyard I recall)

2- The fireplace in the Krusty Crab inn you can see from the outside if you walk behind the inn.

3- The towns Graveyard person (was it caretaker?) opening his door to the bodies then being unable to close it.. Meaning the door wont shut, it reopens when you try.

4- Right at the beginning of the game, when you are place on the beach, Theres a odd bit of water coming up from the ground, I am guessing its apart of the sea? SO the sea is clipping through the ground ?

5- I still get the message in the intro when one of my characters is using Lone wolf as a trait. Something about now you have gone and done it,

6- Sometimes a gray coloured box appears on top of Moradora when shes walking around in the Krusty Crab Inn. I not raelly sure if the problem is on my end (my computer) or it really is something with the game.. I only have noticed appearing on her.

7- When doing the choose which patient gets to live quest with Evelyn. Not long after choosing one, she brought up a weird dialog telling the source hunters to die, or they were going to die. Something like that.

Last edited by Marls; 29/04/14 03:19 AM.
Support
Support

A couple people have had that problem with Madora and Jahan, so it isn't just on your end.

That dialog with Evelyn is bugged if you do things in a certain order.

V
stranger
stranger
V
i just bought the game and downloaded it from steam but when i try to play it i get this message windows-forms-applications (it was all in one word) has stopped working and that a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. any clue as to what is causing this and how i can fix it?

Support
Support

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking access for the game (EoCApp.exe and SupportTool.exe both need access).

Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file. That helped someone else with that error.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

V
stranger
stranger
V
i tried it with my anti-virus on and it didnt work. also a message was coming up before the error would saying how i should report stuff to the dev if i found glitches but i could never click the okay button fast enough because the error message would stop me. so when i managed to click the okay button on the message before the error came up the error doesnt come up anymore. all i get is the little prompt saying that steam is launching the game but nothing happens. and i dont know how to get to those files. should i just uninstall and then reinstall?

Support
Support

In the Steam client, go to your Library, right click on Divinity Original Sin and select Properties. In the window that comes up, switch to the Local Files tab, and then click the 'browse local files...' button to open Windows Explorer to the install folder - double click on the 'Shipping' folder, the EoCApp.exe.

If that works you can right click drag and drop the EoCApp.exe file to your desktop, and when the menu comes up, select 'Create shortcut here'.

V
stranger
stranger
V
i found it and it works! thanks so much man. i really appreciate what you do. im sure i speak for everyone when i say you guys are awesome.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I had a bug where I couldn't move at the start of the game. White rings would show up on the ground, but my characters wouldn't move to them. Holding in SHIFT made them move in to attack the area and at one point I suddenly got them to move normally, but it didn't last.

Support
Support

Did you open the Steam overlay while the chat window was visible? If so you should just have to hit Shift to get back to normal, or click and hold to move (briefly).

L
stranger
stranger
L
I was using the overlay at the time. I try this if it happens again.

Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard