Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
In the build I played you were still effectively barred from leaving town by grossly overpowered enemies, even if you guide damn it your way to hiring a party. You'd also need to scour the introductory town for every last drop of xp, money and gear and exploit the completely broken game system to get anywhere.

It's difficult in the way a 10,000 piece jigsaw with no picture is difficult.

Originally Posted by Hiver
Well, honestly - without any desire to be rude about it at all - once you say things like this ... matters become crystal clear.

There is no need to say anything further.

That's exactly where you should have followed your own advice and suck it up as your reply was quite unnecessary as it actually was rude and you kept going despite your original 'need' to say anything further.

The replies from everybody else in the thread was more then sufficient without sounding like preaching from a pulpit.

Thanks to everybody else for the more constructive feedback.

Ideals are like stars. We might never reach them. But we can set our course by them.
old hand
old hand
I was talking about his own declarations and proclamations.
Quite unnecessary seeing how he basically doesnt have the time to play and has no intention of learning the most simple basics of the game, or to bother with reading what the game is telling him.

Same as you i gather? Thats why you vomited that laughable emotionally hurt comeback, even though nobody was talking to you at all.

Im afraid it will be you who will suck up this discussion and all else i decide to write, now and in the future.

Spoken like a true Steam troll.

Ideals are like stars. We might never reach them. But we can set our course by them.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
I played the game on Normal mode only.

As for "why should a game be decently easy"

Reading through your issue I think these consecutive thoughts of yours answer what you need to do. Don't play normal and expect easy. Play Easy and expect Easy. Like taking candy from a baby.

I agree easy should be easy. But don't try to water down these rare gems, it is part of why they are sought after. Tons of quick to get into, easy tablet RPG's "and cheap to!".

Last edited by Horrorscope; 02/05/14 12:36 AM.
addict
addict
things are getting mighty heated in here a bit o.o while I understand this game might seem hard to most (I will admit when I first played in alpha.. I was like "where am I supposed to go?" BUT half the fun of the game is exploring around.)

For the gate issue. My guards did not say anything about level..They did however send another warning. That beyond this gate lies something..I forgot. but it was clear to me "hey this might be hard"

Difficulty! This is not meant to insult, but try easy mode first so you can learn the game. then tackle it on Normal~ and then hard ^_^

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Bearhug
Spoken like a true Steam troll.

Because you say so? Because your pal there and you have nothing else to say except those feeble insults, when someone tries to help you.
Like some crybabies that cry and start to fling poop all the louder and louder if the help isnt exactly what you want to hear.

For your information, what i said is not preaching from the pulpit nor was it rude.
It was simply true. And aimed to help that guy in a way he should appreciate and understand, him apparently being in the army and all.

But, you are the kind of people that cannot tolerate someone saying it to you - and nicely at that.
Just because it isnt said in the tone of a crybaby nurse.

Then you start with your proclamations of what is what and those pathetic insults and attempts to paint something as "constructive feedback" and something as not, as "steam trolling".
What constructive feedback had any of you two binary screamers provided for anything?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Ellary
things are getting mighty heated in here a bit o.o while I understand this game might seem hard to most (I will admit when I first played in alpha.. I was like "where am I supposed to go?" BUT half the fun of the game is exploring around.)

For the gate issue. My guards did not say anything about level..They did however send another warning. That beyond this gate lies something..I forgot. but it was clear to me "hey this might be hard"

Difficulty! This is not meant to insult, but try easy mode first so you can learn the game. then tackle it on Normal~ and then hard ^_^

I got a third party member and that made the game far easier to play. The NPC in the tavern for the longest time was a giant grey rectangle that took out the whole corner of the tavern. I didn't even know the Duke was there as that grey box covered all the NPC's and decorations like tables. After taking her into the basement of the tavern the glitch corrected itself and she isn't a giant grey box. This was the only area of the game I had that thus far and I just killed that level 8 skeleton boss in the basement of the church.

As for the heated argument, there is just a single troll that will get kicked eventually, nothing to worry about. I appreciate your concern though smile. I'm still playing the game on normal mode btw.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
old hand
old hand
Single troll that will get kicked out?
You mean yourself?

You really like to throw out those feeble attempts at insults while you pretend youre all nice and great, dont you?

Not only had you flipped completely over some quite ordinary advices on how to make a bit more of a true RPG man out of you, and then dismissed everything else in that post of mine, but you also just invent really laughable, pathetic lies that you then pretend are true, somehow. Like trying to pretend you are some kind of a victim and some others are "trolls" and "punks" who will get... "kicked out".

Come to think of it, its the same mentality logic with which you approached the game:

The guards just said regular civilians cannot leave town and let me go threw the gates.

- which is patently not true, and only a result of you not reading properly. Skipping dialogue.

And now apparently there was a glitch that made all NPCs in the tavern, or just Madora (unintelligible) ...a giant grey rectangle... which you didnt think is something worth mentioning in that OP about the "worst gaming experience" you ever had, because giant gray rectangles covering half of the tavern dont belong into that category of things that make worst gaming experiences in the lifetime - which actually happened because of your own incapability to deal with the most basic and simplest features of the game.
Like reading the text on the screen, for example.

And tendency to be a screamer and always a victim. Of the bad evil game or of bad evil posters.

How did you enlist Madora if she was a gray rectangle, btw?
How did you even know grey rectangles can be enlisted as if they are NPCs?

These are all just rhetorical questions, im not really interested in your answers, so you can keep screaming about trolls.

This one took the cake though.
Once NPC outside the main bar was particularly annoying going on about this Fabulous Five. I was happy to just "take my leave" and move on. Want to finish up a bunch of my already started quests before taking on any more and getting totally lost in it all.

although this was was really, really funny:

It took over 8 hours to get up to the light house with failing fights and trying to figure out why the game was so damn hard. I'm not sure how it took this long, but the clock doesn't lie...

:lol:

and this:
Initial "dungeon" (should be called a hidden crypt as it isn't a dungeon which is really a prison)

Please remove the mentioning of this as a dungeon, RPG's have beaten the word dungeon up and call everything underground a bloody dungeon and it is really annoying.

but these two are still a bit of a mystery:
Found out on the forums I missed finding people to hire and there were no hints prior to going outside the town that I needed a larger party.

vs
Combat in this game had me really miserable and irritated as I had forgotten you could even hire NPC's to join you.

well, my deduction techniques fail at this so ill just leave it to... CSI Miami.

Last edited by Hiver; 03/05/14 01:45 AM.
veteran
veteran
Yes, we all agree LightningLockey got tainted by modern RPG's and was expecting all to be force-fed like all those modern games do, and as this is old-school wont.

And that many more people need some re-education that not everything is spelled out to them...

pts Offline
journeyman
journeyman
I agree, but i think it is wrong to belittle and patronize LightningJockey (and Hiver). I mean, i don't remember a recent RPG that was actually challenging enough to require more than a quick reload to master a specific challenge. So if you never experienced the frustration of being stuck and the elation of finally -finally!- mastering a particulary difficult challenge, where are you supposed to learn the patience to pass those stretches of frustration?

Also, LightngJockey serves in the military (thank you!), so he might play RPGs in a purely recreational and/or escapist way, and maybe doesn't want to deal with too many hard challenges and frustrations (enough of that in real life already).

So, my tips for a more enjoyable experience: many problems can be solved by getting your two companions first (one located at the tavern, the other on the top floor of the mayors house). Both join without quests and will make the combat a lot easier. Its also useful to check the level of enemies - if you are more than one level below them, you should try other areas first (or be prepared for a though fight). Also, don't forget you can use potions - they don't heal over time like the heal spell (water spell lvl 1, helps a lot!), but bring back your health instantly. If combat is still hard: get the lvl1 earth spell "Summon Wolf" for every character - this effectively doubles your party size and makes most fights with enemies of +1 level or less extremely easy (makes the game a little too easy imo).

addict
addict
Here we go, because you don't instantly masterize this bugged, fucking unbalanced, and boring beta, and say that things could be improved, there's the whole fanboys bully gang barking arrogant bullshits at you.
That's the spirit lads.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by pts
I agree, but i think it is wrong to belittle and patronize LightningJockey (and Hiver). I mean, i don't remember a recent RPG that was actually challenging enough to require more than a quick reload to master a specific challenge. So if you never experienced the frustration of being stuck and the elation of finally -finally!- mastering a particulary difficult challenge, where are you supposed to learn the patience to pass those stretches of frustration?

Nobody is belittling him, except his own imagination and vocabulary.

Originally Posted by pts

Also, LightngJockey serves in the military (thank you!), so he might play RPGs in a purely recreational and/or escapist way, and maybe doesn't want to deal with too many hard challenges and frustrations (enough of that in real life already).

What if he is working in the enemy army, what then? :P
Besides, you do know there are various jobs in the army, right? Not just awesome warriors?
And its not like he is the only one that ever was in or works in the army.
Just sayin`...

Originally Posted by Cromcrom
Here we go, because you don't instantly masterize this bugged, fucking unbalanced, and boring beta, and say that things could be improved, there's the whole fanboys bully gang barking arrogant bullshits at you.
That's the spirit lads.

The only thing there is to see - actually, is a few people just like you, who come in storming and crying and then always, always - fall for the trick of psychological projection which is just beyond your capability to figure out, - while flinging simpleton level insults around - while painting yourselves in a self-victimization fallacy in order to force the overall sense of you being in the right.

Which this post of yours illustrates perfectly.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Hiver

Originally Posted by pts

What if he is working in the enemy army, what then? :P
Besides, you do know there are various jobs in the army, right? Not just awesome warriors?
And its not like he is the only one that ever was in or works in the army.
Just sayin`...

Now that you think I'm not an "awesome warriors" you've got my interest...

First, exactly what are these jobs in the Army your talking about?
Second, exactly what country do you think I'm serving in since you know me so well?

PTS, thank you for your kind comments. They are much appreciated.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 04/05/14 05:58 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
addict
addict
That's the spirit lads.

well when it is such a really constructive criticism from people always whining and pointing out what is missing or what is due to them "because they backed the game" of course it might upset one or 2 people...

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
addict
addict

The only thing there is to see - actually, is a few people just like you, who come in storming and crying and then always, always - fall for the trick of psychological projection which is just beyond your capability to figure out, - while flinging simpleton level insults around - while painting yourselves in a self-victimization fallacy in order to force the overall sense of you being in the right.

I didn't understand a single sentence of this arrogant rabble. Use simpleton language when you talk to simpleton, you should know that, M. Smart.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
old hand
old hand
Pyscho... luugicool - prooo...jeeee... ctiuuuuun.

get it now?

enthusiast
enthusiast
"this bugged, fucking unbalanced, and boring beta",

I'm sorry but did you just say that a beta build of a game is bugged and unbalanced?

Isn't that expected from a beta release ? lol... seriously?

Boring or not is a matter of personal preference and i respect your opinion ofc, but bashing the game saying it's fucking unbalanced when it's only the 2nd build of beta and still a few months away from a release candidate buid is just being a forum troll.

About the OP and the game being suposedly too hard, it's clear to me that you want diferent entertaintment than this game is suposed to offer. This is suposed to be an "old school" RPG and thus a little bit more chalenging than most recent mainstream games.

It's clear you realy WANT to like it and play it, but you even say that you don't have much time and thus you just want easy acessible entertainment, it seems to me that this game is not for you at least in "normal" dificulty levels, hopefuly larian can make the "easy" version accessible for you and people like you.

Please don't take this personaly as i'm not trying to make you feel bad nor bashing you for liking things diferent from me, i just find that the game is not the problem, your expectations of it are.

P.S. I can link you numerous threads on steam of people complaining the game is a walk in the park and too easy, and they threaten larian they have to make it harder or the game will fail hard...

So... who is right?

addict
addict
@hiver. Still not. You probably weren't understanding what you were writing anyways, as your last post clearly shows. Lol.

@knightPT. Unbalanced. Has always been. Time for improvement maybe ?
I can link you to many people saying the game is too difficult.
Want a PRO tip to master this game and make it easy ? Buy, find or randomly (!) find the good weapon, and fights become very very easy all of a sudden. Tadaaa, bosses are blasted. Lol. Either way to hard, or way to easy... Ain't that a balance issue, really ?

Indeed, I was expecting the next Wonder (or was it Ultima ?), like Larian was advertising. All I have so far is an unbalanced average RPG, that only stands out of the crowd because of material interactions and COOP play. Period. (Thats already good, but again, sooooooo frustrating).

As for "a few months", thats 1,5 month, so you are almost wrong.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 04/05/14 03:33 PM.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
apprentice
apprentice
All I have so far is an unbalanced average RPG, that only stands out of the crowd because of material interactions and COOP play. Period. (Thats already good, but again, sooooooo frustrating).

Only material interactions and co-op, really ?

Considering the main murder quest of this beta, what rpg would you mention that has better quest design than D:OS these days ? Better exploration ?

Even going back a few years, there are really only a couple of titles I can think of that could put D:OS to shame in those departments.

The game still has numerous problem -- balance actually worries me less than AI reactivity at this point, in terms of challenge provided to the player, since the game is indeed way too easy once you hit level 5-6 -- and you're right that they need solving, but extreme hyperbole is not helping.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard