Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by vidonism
[quote=Chrocus]... now I can't talk to any NPC, in fact.

Tried to reload the save several times, didn't help.

Originally Posted by vidonism
This is basically the same issue I have. Do a crime (steal from someone that can see you) and the dialogs will reappear.

I tried stealing in the Cyseal market square, I found that I can steal anything on the vendor tables without any reaction from the NPCs!

Last edited by Chrocus; 08/04/14 03:31 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'll add a few items I ran into that have not created a hard stop in my progress, but are creating some aggravation
(the kind of thing that could be very frustrating over time.)

• Item Hover-Text stopped working for a while. Hard to pinpoint the exact cause, but I noticed it around the time I was trying to barter with various patrons of the Inn in Cyseal. There were no hover pop-ups for the items (mine or the trader's,) so it was nearly impossible to tell what items I was trying to buy. For example, a vendor with dozens of potions just looksed to be carrying bottles with red, white, or green liquids; I had no idea what each did. smile I was able to get them to come back, but I don't recall whether it was be opening up my own inventory screen, or just reloading a previous save.
  • Poor click recognition. I've seen some forum reports about having a hard time targetting enemies, and I agree with that, but I am particularly having issues with D:OS recognizing my clicks. It seems like I have to click 2-3 times for my Source Hunters to move, interact with an object, talk to an NPC, etc. It appears that some combat actions do require 2 clicks to select/confirm action (at least I think those are intentional,) but I'm not talking about only those. It's jsut moving around the world and interacting with things. I am using a Bluetooth mouse in this case, but I do not see this issue with input in other applications or OS.
  • Trouble clicking wandering NPCs. Combined with my previous issue (clicks not registering,) I'm having a heck of a time just talking to NPCs that have a patrol route. For example, I had to follow Madora around her patrol route 3 times just to get her targetted long enough when she paused to start conversation with her. Same with the bartender. It seems like the game is slow to register/highlight targets when hovered over with the mouse, so that when the target is in motion, they keep moving out of range before they are targetted & clickable. Even if I try to "follow" them with my mouse, it doesn't seem like I can get the game to recognize my click on them and get my characters to start conversation. Even giving NPCs a longer pause between patrols would make this a little easier, though the problem would still be an annoyance.
  • Hard to cancel steal actions. I've just recently realized that the mouse cursor is a yellow or white color when interacting with "legal" items, but ORANGE when hovering over illegal items (where the yellow and orange still look pretty similar.) This solved an earlier issue where I was curiously poking around some environments and getting accused of being a thief! But now, there's still problems when I try to do some intentional pilfering, particularly when the object I click is too far away to reach, so the PC walks toward it BEFORE attempting to steal. There are a couple problems with this. One, I can only use instincts to know if I can reach an item before I click; there is no visual indicators to tell me this. When I am trying to be quick or remain out of line-of-sight, it is valuable to know exactly what will happen when I click. So two, the situation becomes one where if I could reach an item from where I stood, I'd have a chance to successfully steal an item by grabbing it quickly while out of sight, but in some cases, I begin walking through an NPC's field of vision, then grab the item in plain sight before I can click elsewhere to convince my PC to cancel the futile steal action. In situations where getting caught more than once will cause an awful fight to break out, just one of these inadvertent walk-&-steals can be a huge interruption, requiring me to reload the game when I would have preferred to just NOT steal the item if it was going to cause a scene... smile At the very least, if my PC is sneaking, and I tell him/her to steal and item, and this forces him/her to walk toward the item, and they get seen/fail sneak on the way there... I would like them to GIVE UP trying to steal the item. Continuing to walk over & grab it is just brain-dead, but it has happened to me several times now. I'm nearly forced to give up on a sneak-and-steal character entirely because of this, as it can sometimes be heard to tell line-of-sight well enough to avoid these kinds of unhappy surprises.

That said, I'm really enjoying the beta overall so far; it's already visibly ahead of where it was during alpha. I can even run D:OS fairly well on my tablet now! This was a non-starter before the performance fixes at the end of alpha. So thanks! Still very much looking forward to the game, but do hope some of these quality-of-life issues get addressed in time!

N
stranger
stranger
N
Two issues mainly and a bit of a third:

>Occasionally when two enemies that are near each other are knocked down simultaneously they fall into the same space which makes it incredibly difficult or impossible to differentiate between them in the subsequent turns (the main instance that I remember of this is with the stone guardians outside of the church).
>When fighting in Evelyn's hideout the pool of ooze under Jake was ignited (to which he takes damage outside of the turn-based time of the fight itself i.e. much more quickly) but before he died from it I got a rain spell off. This removed the Burning debuff from him but he continued taking fire damage until he died, thus forcing me to restart the fight.
>When the game has been running for a while two things start to happen: After ~20 minutes without a loading screen, the background music and ambient noise cuts out except for an occasional little burst of noise and maybe 50% of the time when a weapon noise actually works in a fight; then when I get to an area change with a load screen the music starts back up again. The second seems to be unaffected by the absence of load screens, but after maybe 45 minutes to an hour in the game there's a pretty noticeable decline in responsiveness, i.e. having to click 4-5+ times on an item to use it; Whereas when I've freshly opened the game it goes on the first click.

Apart from these I believe most of the other things have been covered (hard to click enemies, unclear theft icons). These aside I have still been enjoying the game quite a bit.

Thanks.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hello everyone, firt post on the forum so please forgive if it's not in the right place (though i guess i am...). Forgive also if my english is not always clear and understandable (i'm no native speaker).
First of all i must say THANK YOU LARIAN for this great game, i have been hooked since the first glance at the first video i've seen and now that I got to play a little with it i must say that i definetly love it! So thanks again for bringing us such a game...

Now the bug part (i sent a report for every game crash so i won't be boring you here with those):

- As reported by others i experienced the dialogue bug: one of my companions got stuck wityh an exclamation mark and dialogues broke for players and npcs. No way to get it working again. Noticed that the mark got orange while on first floor of buildings, got yellow again on ground level. Some dialogues still worked (like with animals or some uninfluent npc) but have been unable to talk to the npc carrying the nmark and to get it go away. So new game. =)

- Second new game, i progressed a little in the story. I thought i solved the murder mistery killing evelyn in her liar but wehen i got back to report (i din't quite remember to who i should report so i went speaking whith captain, mayor, the cat/sorcerer...) but i had no new dialogue options to end the quest. Went back to liar too, nothing seemed to be there to help me progress... idk if I missed something or if it's a bug...)

- From that moment it seems to me that i don't get new quests and quests i had opened don't progress in any way. Journal doesn't update (eg: found the skeleton King but no new mission, no journal update... or i found the charred ppl, same thing, or found the Undertaker's Hut, read some letters that linked him to some cult or something - i confess i deliberately didn't go deep through the plot, missed some nice bits... - but again no journal update, and back to the Doctor's no new dialogue option...). Again i may be missinig something big, but it seems more like a bug to me.

- Casting a spell (happened with Lightning Strike and others) may get the caster to be teleported to some random location at the end of the screen. This may result in the character stuck outside the map when playing near map's boreders...

- Also, i couldn't enter some "entrances" (like the well that leads down the cave, from which i came up) and one cave entrance in the north (maybe still not implemented, idk)

- I sometimes i have trouble targeting characters that are close to each other

- I foud that camera rotation is VERY limiting (please make it 360°)

- Last (not a bug but...) PLEASE MAKE AN ITALIAN VERSION! It's really hard to want to dive through all the lore if text is in english (and not always in a modern, plain, simple english...) PLEASE! smile

Sorry for being so long =)
Keep up the great work and thanks again for this great game

Support
Support

You should be able to go up or down the well that leads to the tunnel under Cyseal.

360° camera rotation - How to

R
stranger
stranger
R
Thanks for reply...
I know I SHOULD be able to go up and down but it won't work...

Thanks for the 360° fix, will try in a second.
Cheers

A
stranger
stranger
A
I have no idea if you are already working on this issue. But ever since alpha my friend and I get annoyed by the fact that its not possible to switch out supporting characters. So each time we load I need to unsommon one and he has to go to the cafe to pick up Jahan or Madora. Time consuming and frustrating.

Its an issue which I recon will get fixed wheter I posted this or not but I would like to see it fixed in a beta update so playing the beta is fun in multiplay and not frustrating.

Support
Support

That was fixed in the recent update. In the game, hit Esc, and at the top of the menu is a button 'Assign Characters'.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Wildfire/haste crashes the game for me. In battle or out.

H
stranger
stranger
H
And now rain...

veteran
veteran
Have you tried verifying your files?

H
stranger
stranger
H
There were a few files updated with the integrity check but the game still crashes out on haste (also seem to get some green glowing effect when cast).

C
stranger
stranger
C
When I try to save the game I get the error message.
Savegame failed (copy to levelcache failed)
It doesn't seem to save my profile either.
Tried reinstalling twice, no luck. Before last weeks patch I was able to save and no problems at all.

Last edited by Childan; 30/04/14 11:55 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
*spoiler*

First and foremost I am not sure this is the correct place to post this problem, and I apologize if I am in error, but I think it fits the given definition of a game blocking issue.

After having arrived at Evelyn's lair everything seemed to be moving ahead normally up to the point that I entered the eastern most room. At this point it becomes apparent there is no Councilor Jake present. He simply does not exist; I did not kill him he simply was not there to begin with. To some degree I think he may have been replaced by a rat standing in the center of the rung in about the center of the room.

For the record I think I was doing things in a relativity random order. I had completed all of the Legion investigation quests, but had gotten stuck at the blue force field. I had also destroyed the Baron and his court.

Something that may be significant is that fact that I had never recruited the wizard follower, in fact I never even went and spoke to him.

I tried re-installation, reloading saves and restarting my computer. At the moment I am trying to replicate the problem, although some discussion with fellow players on global chat leads me to believe that I am not the only one with this problem.

Other than this game blocking issue everything seems to work perfectly ( I have not enjoyed an RPG this much since Baluder's Gate II).

Last edited by Dacia; 29/04/14 02:05 AM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Caves' entries and exits *should* be marked on the map. I have spent hours stuck because of this. (I have had to read some spoilers in forums to find out where to go).

Nevertheless, it's a great game. It should be released in Spanish, isn't it? smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ajotatxe
Caves' entries and exits *should* be marked on the map. I have spent hours stuck because of this. (I have had to read some spoilers in forums to find out where to go).

Nevertheless, it's a great game. It should be released in Spanish, isn't it? smile

Just as a small note: you can make your own notes on the map, marking cave entrances for example. wink

WOOS
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by ajotatxe

Just as a small note: you can make your own notes on the map, marking cave entrances for example. wink

The problem is that I find very difficult to find the caves. I can't mark anything if I don't even know whether it exists. I found two cave entrances: the first I found it by chance, because I hovered the cursor over it and it became of gear's shape. The second I found after hours of exploration, going over the same places again and again.

Last edited by ajotatxe; 01/05/14 06:22 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Prague
Heroes are not following each other, making navigating the map in explore mode incredibly tedious. It doesn't STOP me from playing the game perse, but it does in fact make me not want to play it anymore.

Seems the issue is somehow connected to the processing power. My story goes like this: I was playing on my relatively powerful desktop up to about half the available content with no issues whatsoever. Then I transferred the D:OS user folder to my laptop and tried playing there (ivy bridge i7 with 10GB ram and NVidia 620M). The first encounter triggered the bug. I also managed to trigger it by just summoning a fire elemental. Tried several more encounters with the same outcome. Then I got back on my desktop and no issues whatsoever with the same encounters. I hope this helps.

EDIT: Submitted a detailed report to supportdos@larian.com

Last edited by Bundyo; 04/05/14 08:29 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Doing things in the wrong order bugs quests out and there's no way to tell if you are doing something wrong.
Not believing Esmeralda did it=not wanting to put her to jail(was not aware it was meant to happen).
Finding out the White Witch is responsible for Jake's murder you can no longer arrest Esmeralda-can't get her to blame anyone else and Aureus doesn't believe me, he thinks I'm telling a fairy tale
-> can't finish Councillor's wife. So stuck there.

Perhaps have some indication which quests should be able to be completed as of current build, either in the game or as a list somewhere OR point out which are blocked.

Elemental arrows should have a more visible effect when targeting the ground. Currently it's hard to tell they did anything at all and/or are just used up. Unless the area they affect is as small as the tip of the arrow in which case it's hard to want to use any at all. Or the effect doesn't last long without enemies to affect.
It would help if way of the ranger lowered the crafting skill needed for creating arrows. Or stated somewhere on the arrowhead perhaps, what the skill is needed.

Arhu is both a cat AND a mage at same times.

Is some NPCs selling unidentified items intentional? As a lottery of sorts?

Regarding Jail:
Is "the deal" the only way that is supposed to get you out, is there a time limit? Is there an option for a trial/pleading with the guard/charm him perhaps?

Getting thrown in jail I didn't agree to the deal and chose to escape by own means.

There are no repercussions after ESCAPING the jail if using Tactical Retreat. I just jumped out behind the guard, went up, stole my gear back and carried on. I didn't talk to the prison guard after escaping though. NPCs outside act like nothing happened.

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
G
stranger
stranger
G
I don't know if this is the right section.

I encountered a few bugs, all kind a like with a little different effect, that made me reload my saved game:
1. I used the pyramid to enter cecilias house. I tried to leave her house, by enterign the room of the mayor. suddenly my char that touched the door froze, it looked like he was talking with cecilia, but now text windo, only the zoom.
my other chars were totally free, no problem. I needed to attack to undo this.

2. Docter's apprentice room, with the 2 duying people. I left the room without making a decision.
The apprentice talked to me that i needed to make a decision. I choosed later, and I couldn't move anymore. I could click, and see the white circle, they even stayed on the screen, but none of my char moved.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard