Next Thread
Print Thread
#493269 06/05/14 07:51 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
When joining a co-op instance hosted by my friend (or when he joins my instance) we get an error message:

"Art Issue Found" (With a picture of a guy making a stupid face)
[Skip] or [Ignore]

And then some text which points to line 89 of File: ..\..\..\EyesOfAChild\Code\EoCServer\Server\JoiningProtocol.cpp

Here is the result:

When a player sets their gender to female I see an eyeball, when they set it to male I see a female. This kind of index propagation extends to many items within the game as well, but it's very obvious here. It should be noted that the host can still see everything normally.

(I should clarify, when I say "I", I mean the person who joins the hosts game, my friend seemed to have mirror issues when he joined my lobby)

Also eventually our progress through the tutorial dungeon was blocked because things weren't loading properly. The lightning traps never initialized and the dual switch door was broken.

I can wield books
[Linked Image]

Stunning Arrowhead = Claymore
[Linked Image]

Bowl?
[Linked Image]

Silver Ore = Eyeball
[Linked Image]

Gold = Sharpening wheel, and also a giant oil-lamp-like structure appears after destroying a chest!
[Linked Image]

And now what you all came for, baby beholders!?!?!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
^ And a... tribal surfboard?

I was also able to wield a weapon as a beholder, but there seem to be other issues that crop up when this happens.

Now, I'd be happy to provide version information or whatever in a log, but I feel like I really couldn't describe this glitch in an error report (though I did send one of those as well). So a post seemed obligatory.

My character name was editted out because it was inappropriate. Hopefully it didn't sneak into any of the pictures.

I really wanted to play this game, I really did. But nope.

Last edited by DodgySmalls; 06/05/14 07:55 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi, funniest collection of screens in quite a while !
The guy with the stupid face is our art lead by the way.

This means you are trying to connect with two versions that do not have the same datasets. What probably happened is that one of you is either playing with an older version or a version that did not update correctly.

What i would suggest is that both of you verify your game cache integrity:
Library > right click on the game > select properties > click on local files tab > click on "verify integrity of game cache"

If this still happens after both of you successfully completed the verification, reinstall the game completely.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Last edited by Larian_QA; 06/05/14 08:11 AM.
veteran
veteran
I'm going to link this thread every time someone complains "Why aren't saved games compatible between versions".

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
These baby beholders are so incredibly cute!^^ Can't we keep them for the final game release, please?^^ (Just kidding...)

I love those baby beholders! smile

And that art lead, when there's two portraits of him, they actually look like Dupond et Dupont without their bowlers.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
Hi, funniest collection of screens in quite a while !
The guy with the stupid face is our art lead by the way.

This means you are trying to connect with two versions that do not have the same datasets. What probably happened is that one of you is either playing with an older version or a version that did not update correctly.

What i would suggest is that both of you verify your game cache integrity:
Library > right click on the game > select properties > click on local files tab > click on "verify integrity of game cache"

If this still happens after both of you successfully completed the verification, reinstall the game completely.

Thanks for reporting the issue!

Yeah, I assume what has happened is that my client didn't update properly and had a problem meshing with the new version (which he had just downloaded completely fresh). It mostly perturbed me because we both have "v1.0.30.0" according to the ingame UI.

I will certainly be trying a full reinstall so we can play later, as I said I was posting here mostly so that a few people could have a laugh more than anything. (Though I did submit an error report when we experienced a crash which may contain other information, but I assume its just some form of incompatibility rather than a code bug)

I hope everyone enjoyed a quick chuckle, the beholders were funny but my favourite was wielding books to viciously slap my enemies.

edit: Oh yeah and since some guys at larian might actually be reading this, I just wanted to take a moment to say that the improvement since the earlier builds is immense, and the game is shaping up to be a lot of fun!

Last edited by DodgySmalls; 06/05/14 04:22 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
LOL laugh kawaii beholders as source hunters? I want to play that!

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I don't mean to bump my own thread, but I found that both of our clients seem to have 1 file which disagrees with the checksum (or whatever you guys use to compare files).

The strange part is that after repairing this, simply launching the client damages the file again.
ie.
I verify my game cache, 1 file incorrect
I verify my game cache, no problems are detected
I launch the client
I close the client
I verify my game cache, 1 file incorrect

My friend seemed to have a similar issue, but there was something wrong with his installation (first time setup everytime) which I think is a registry error on steams part rather than the client.

We will (hopefully) test this again tonight, with 2 fresh installations.

Support
Support

Steam may be detecting a changed configuration files as corrupt. That wouldn't account for the original problem, though.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raze

Steam may be detecting a changed configuration files as corrupt. That wouldn't account for the original problem, though.

Yeah that would make sense, but then the source of the original problem is a mystery (as you said).

I'd be really interested to see if QA have ever seen a bug like this before if it still occurs after a fresh install. Interaction between 2 different datasets is one thing, but if it still occurs on fresh installations then there might actually be a hard-coded issue.

It would also be nice to know if there may be remnants of my installation in the registry. Glancing through quickly I didn't see anything, but it's pretty common for games to leave some stuff behind when you uninstall them. Without a clean registry reinstallation could ultimately be pointless.

Link Copied to Clipboard