Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30
stranger
stranger
On accident I hit "Dice rolls" in the combat log side while in town and it froze and crashed the game.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
I just would like to report some overheating problems:

With the latest beta build my laptop started to overheat while playing and to shut down. It was NOT a problem with any of the alpha builds or with the first beta build. Now it has become so bad that I have not even made it until the Cyseal gates yet.

My system:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

Now, I realise that my system is on the lowest edge of the minimum requirements so that I am able to play only on low graphics details. However, the game runs pretty smoothly and in previous builds I did not encounter any technical problems. Now, the only problem is the overheating.

And before someone asks: No, there is no dust in the fan. I unscrewed the laptop a few days ago, cleaned the fan with compressed air and replaced the thermal paste.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hi,

I come here to find some help. I'm trying to start a coop game with a friend online. I create the game and when he accept my invite, he get the error message : "Initialisating : network fail"

When he creates the game, he can't even invite me and I can't join on my own.

I've found nothing in known issues about that.

Support
Support

You've tried different settings in the multiplayer options, made sure your firewalls were not blocking access, etc?

A couple people in the alpha with connection problems reported being able to play co-op using something like Hamachi or Tunngle.

If you each email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool, the network (and other) info included may help Larian fix the problem.
The report.zip file includes your saves, so if the file size is an issue they can be deleted from the zip (not being relevant to the problem).

K
stranger
stranger
K
I've been struggling for several days with the game hanging on saves/ auto saves. I've tried saving to a new file every time, alt tabing and deleting my old files and stupid things like turning off anitvirus. I have no idea how to fix this and the game is currently unplayable for me (as any autosave have a chance of crashing it and i cant progress).

K
stranger
stranger
K
I've been having some crash issues playing the game for the last few days. It random freezes and shuts my computer down or if I'm lucky it just crashes the program. When I reboot my computer, it tells me that it was a blue screen issue with minidump errors. If I play any other game, like Diablo 3,Heroes of the Storm, etc. They never get any of these issues. Its only when I Play D:OS that I get this.

Another issue, is when I'm just browsing thru my inventory. Hovering on an item doesn't show me the item description. That sound you hear when you move from one item to another, imagine that repeating continuously while hovering. Only fixed I have for it is saving and reloading.

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Kaltrun
Another issue, is when I'm just browsing thru my inventory. Hovering on an item doesn't show me the item description. That sound you hear when you move from one item to another, imagine that repeating continuously while hovering. Only fixed I have for it is saving and reloading.

I've had similar problems; items placed in the left-most grid column of the inventory display are also often glitchy. But the devs are also working on new inventory sorting and related mechanics, so there will hopefully be fixes in the works for these issues.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Kaltrun

Try unequiping your weapon by drag and dropping to your inventory, then right click to re-equip it. This issue has happened a few times with items not being equipped properly, a couple of which there were two weapons in the weapon slot. If that doesn't help, un-equip your armour and jewellery and then re-equip them.
This problem is also associated with stability issues, possibly related to rain.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Hi there, ive bought game yday. and im experiencing crashes like every 20-40 minutes of gameplay. I run 32bit w7 and i suppose this is a memory leak issue, so the question is will u be optimising ur game for 32 bit users?

Raze #493277 06/05/14 11:00 AM
J
stranger
stranger
J
You've tried different settings in the multiplayer options, made sure your firewalls were not blocking access, etc?

We made our multiplayer option to friend and even public, it didn't help. We have no problem when we play other games on steam, maybe if someone knows the TCP/UDP things for Divinity I could try to configure.

Last edited by jaireimy; 06/05/14 11:01 AM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Ivalle
will u be optimising ur game for 32 bit users?

Yes, there should be more optimization done for the game. That said, though, you still shouldn't be crashing frequently.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

Originally Posted by jaireimy
maybe if someone knows the TCP/UDP things for Divinity I could try to configure.

Someone from Larian posted:
The game's client will try to assign a port in the range 23243-23252, the server in the range 23253-23262. While forwarding these ports on your gateway might help, there is no guarantee the gateway will assign an external port in this range when connecting to our NATPunch server (this is the port that will be assumed to be the external port for all connections).

B
stranger
stranger
B
Diviniy has stopped working...

I launch my autosave and maybe 2-3s after it gives me ^.

Support
Support

Can you start a new game, or load a different save?

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yes i can load a different save, strange.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
There seem to be a problem with autosaves in this beta build - some people have reported that their game crashes whenever it tries to autosave, so I guess your autosave is also kind of corrupted. Try to save manually or use quicksave^^.

Last edited by Elwyn; 06/05/14 10:41 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I just had my game blinking to black and then back to normal but not sure what the hell is wrong But I will send in my save games so u guys can take a look at it...

Elwyn #493392 07/05/14 06:33 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Elwyn
There seem to be a problem with autosaves in this beta build - some people have reported that their game crashes whenever it tries to autosave, so I guess your autosave is also kind of corrupted. Try to save manually or use quicksave^^.

ive been havin that problem. i tried just manually saving but it still crashed even if i did it to a seperate save file each time. i think it has to do with the number of times per game its saved, as i can usually get off one save and the second hangs.

Support
Support

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.

If there was a problem creating those folders in the first place, perhaps recreating them will help.

Raze #494507 09/05/14 08:32 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Raze

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.

If there was a problem creating those folders in the first place, perhaps recreating them will help.

Still no luck. I deleted the saves (yay..) and made new characters just to try saving on the beach a few times and sure enough on the third time it hanged.

stranger
stranger
Hello. I'm having save/load issues like many others. I'm running win7 32bit, 4gb ram (3.5 usable).
The problem is trying to save or load after a short amount of time has passed. In the first few minutes of starting up the game I can do either just fine but after 5-10 minutes it will hang on save/load indefinatly. I also believe this to be a memory leak issue but one that is not solely client side. I play other games such as Path of Exile, where I've had memory problems but have always been able to find a workaround for them.
I don't understand how posting this here is going to get me the technical support I need, or anyone else for that matter. (Lots of others with same problems on here and no answers or suggestions from devs or tech support???)
Why does reporting a bug send me to post in the forum?
Crashdump reports, we're told to upload. Here in a post? Really?!
Why cant I find any useful info on game mechanics and such. Like how to change chat channels (if there are any), no explanations of options in the option menu? (autosave function: 1-25? Minutes? No off option?)
Dev updates have ceased, I know they're in final stages but, some communication would be nice.
Also the Contact Us option redirects to a blank page. (Temporarily down?)
System specs required by the game are met, why can't I play? Paid early access should be playable, betas are understandably buggy but unplayable?
Doesn't seem to be much forum activity, really hope this game isn't dieing out before it really gets started. I'm not usually into turn-based games but this reminds me a lot of BG and Temple of Elemental Evil and the VERY little I've been able to play has potential to be a good story and a lot of fun, so here's to hoping things at least get ironed out by gold release.

Last edited by TheLotusNinja; 09/05/14 09:05 PM.

7,18,1,22,5, ,4,1,14,3,5,18
Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard