Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30
Support
Support

There will be an update for the game next week. Hopefully it will include more memory optimizations for 32 bit systems.

Crashdumps should get uploaded by the crash report program, or included in a report generated by the D:OS support tool.

There are buttons at the top of the chat window to switch between local and global chat. The sliders for quick/autosaves are for the number of saves kept.

Updates have not ceased, and Larian has occasionally posted here, the Steam discussions, D:OS chat, twitter, etc. They have been relatively consistent releasing updates every 2 or 3 weeks, and forum activity always increases with a new update and then tappers off.

stranger
stranger
Okay, thanks for the clarifications and information. It's just a shame and a pain in the butt to try and find this info. A detailed wiki would be nice, I'm sure there will be one once the game is released but the ones I checked didn't have much on there at the moment.

I'll check the chat functions again but I really thought I had tried them all.

I did miss that on page 1 of this post you can go to support@larian bug I guess I just don't understand why the report a bug button would link to this post instead of support, or why recent information wouldn't be posted to news in the forum or the main sites no matter the size. Update info and support help are just as important as advertising IMHO.

Anyway thanks for the polite and prompt response.

Also where did you see this about an update next week?

7,18,1,22,5, ,4,1,14,3,5,18
veteran
veteran
- There are only two chat channels. Local and Global and you switch with the large buttons.
- The Autosave number probably means the number of autosaves you want to keep.
- The update schedule has slowed to one large update every three weeks, the next one will be next week (Source: Swen's teitter feed (@LarAtLarian). They sometimes pop up in the D:OS global chat and give little snippets of info on what will be in the next patch.

stranger
stranger
Ah, right on. thankyou

7,18,1,22,5, ,4,1,14,3,5,18
M
stranger
stranger
M
I was able to fix the resolution problem. In my case it was the use of the nvidia lightboost hack. Apparently the created custom resolutions I used when testing it a year ago caused the trouble. After removing it completely I was able to set resolutions ingame (list was blank before).

http://www.blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/
I used the ToastyX app for testing as well as removal. Maybe it helps someone.

Support
Support

Thanks for the feedback. The game can also have a problem with custom refresh rates form overclocking monitors.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I assume it was either that (custome reresh rates, which I had) or the fact that the hack was enabled with some bogus Asus monitor driver for the BenQ display. So maybe that's an issue for the game when it comes to detecting supported resolutions.

stranger
stranger
Hello,

I'm having some issues with the camera movement. Let's see if I'm able to explain myself...

When you move the camara with WASD, if you are moving right (thus holding D) and then you push and hold A, you will move the camera to the left. The problem is, if you then release A, the camera WON'T go right, even though you are still holding the D key. For me, that is mindblowing. I know that may sound kinda absurd, but eventually I hit both directions at the same time and the camera gets stuck (therefore having to release all the keyboard keys to "reset" it), and as this never happened to me in other games, it is kinda disturbing.

I'm used to strategy games whose camera moves reacting to the key is being held, and if you press 2 at the same time the last one has priority if both are opposite direction or you move diagonaly if you press up+left or up+right and so on. For 1 key pressed it shouldn't matter the sequence you come from.

I don't know if that's a bug or it's intended, but I find it really really annoying. I hope what I said is understandable.

Thanks.

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I am having a weird performance issue. When I start the game my FPS will be high, like around 90-100. After awhile it drops to the 40's and stays there until I restart the game. It might have something to do with SLI, since I'm forcing AFR2 mode (because SLI doesn't work at all in the game otherwise.) It's almost like SLI decides to stop working for some reason, because 40 fps is the same I get if I turn off AFR2 and run the game with a single card.

Specs:

i5 3570k
SLI gtx 770 4gb driver 337.81
8gb ram
256gb SSD
Windows 8.1 64 bit

Last edited by randir14; 16/05/14 06:29 PM.
Support
Support

Did you try setting a FPS cap in the options and see if that would even out the performance any? Not sure how likely that is to help, but it couldn't hurt to try.

You could email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

Raze this optimization issue has always started from alpha and it is very noticeable.

Though know it's getting a little worse. I will get constant 60 FPS nearly everywhere but when playing the game for a while the FPS will be stuck around 30-50 FPS for the rest of the game. I have to restart the game to get constant 60 FPS again, than the same process again.

So randir14, yes I have the same problem and I'm sure that the developers are still optimizing the game when it's close to release. I'm positively sure that they still need to work on CPU optimization or the engine does still have stability issues. It's nothing to do with SLI as I have an non-SLI setup.

So randir14 if it happens again just keep restarting the game, when you notice the FPS drops. That's how I've been playing start from alpha, though maybe it's time for the developers to actually recognise the problem with optimization.

How do I know that CPU still need optimization?

When playing other intense games it uses all four cores and my MAX temp for CPU is at 48-52C but when playing this game my CPU is at 30-32 C only, which is very strange as it's not using enough power draw from the CPU.

My spec:

i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
MSI GTX 760
8 GB DDR3 RAM

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi,
after new update (1.0.59) save problem occured : whenever i try to save (quicksave or hardsave) more than once during session, the game freezes - not crashes but freezes - animated saving circle and music go on endlessly - only option is to AltF4. To be more precise - the first saving attempt works fine, the second attempt in the same session causes freeze.

I'm quite new to D:OS (since update1.0.30) and I heard about i.a. saving,loading issues on win7 32bit but no technical issues appeared with ver. 1.0.30 - the game ran absolutely fine so I'm surprised.

What is more strange, not in every session I've played since 1.0.59 the save problem occured - there was one 2hour session during which I was able to save whenever I wanted.

Thanks.

Last edited by Durchfreud; 17/05/14 02:43 PM.
Texoru #495899 20/05/14 06:34 PM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Texoru
Raze this optimization issue has always started from alpha and it is very noticeable.

Though know it's getting a little worse. I will get constant 60 FPS nearly everywhere but when playing the game for a while the FPS will be stuck around 30-50 FPS for the rest of the game. I have to restart the game to get constant 60 FPS again, than the same process again.

So randir14, yes I have the same problem and I'm sure that the developers are still optimizing the game when it's close to release. I'm positively sure that they still need to work on CPU optimization or the engine does still have stability issues. It's nothing to do with SLI as I have an non-SLI setup.

So randir14 if it happens again just keep restarting the game, when you notice the FPS drops. That's how I've been playing start from alpha, though maybe it's time for the developers to actually recognise the problem with optimization.

How do I know that CPU still need optimization?

When playing other intense games it uses all four cores and my MAX temp for CPU is at 48-52C but when playing this game my CPU is at 30-32 C only, which is very strange as it's not using enough power draw from the CPU.

My spec:

i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
MSI GTX 760
8 GB DDR3 RAM

Yeah I noticed the FPS goes back to normal if I restart. Hopefully they get this fixed because it's very annoying having smooth fps one minute and then being stuck at 30-40 the next. I believe it may partially have something to do with shadows, because disabling them brings performance back to 60 in many cases. However the strange thing is changing them from lowest to ultra has no effect, only disabling them completely helps. Maybe there's some kind of CPU optimization problem with the shadows.

However the performance also drops in certain other cases. For instance casting the rain spell has a chance of dropping my FPS, also fire-heavy areas like the Burning Legion around the church. If I've been playing for awhile and travel there the FPS will drop, but if I save my game there and restart, FPS is back to normal. Very strange. Maybe there is some kind of memory leak that gets triggered by certain events.

Last edited by randir14; 20/05/14 06:39 PM.
stranger
stranger
I'm not exactly sure how to describe what is happening but.. I took some pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/v63M5

The in game shots I took to show the oddness going on with the particles. In the first in game shot there should be fire there from blowing up a mine. Some of the particles can be seen overlapping the rubble of the barrel to the left.

The second in game shot is of an area that I assume is on fire but only shows a few little spots with flames showing. The characters burn if I get them even close to bridge area. The invisible fire goes away after shooting the water barrels but the small fire bits stay.

Also of note is the water going through/over the ground off to the upper left.

I also think there are supposed to be shadows showing but I can't be sure what should and shouldn't be showing at this point.

DxDiag info here:
http://pastebin.com/9dCmeKJy

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I recently downloaded this game on steam for my mac. Every time I try to open it, however, I receive a tye-dye blue purple, and pink screen. I hear music int he background and a window pops up that wold appear to be a new game, load game, etc. window except everything is awash in this blue and purple pinkish screen of death.

Support
Support

Zatoichi, see Pink screen with Mac.

X
stranger
stranger
X
I have experienced this is the since this when DOS went from alpha to beta. My NPC part members will not follow. I have linked and un-linked them to no avail. The dos scanner reports all pass. I have checked the files via steam and have re-installed twice now with no luck. Any ideas ?

N
stranger
stranger
N
I have a problem that over the last 3-4 days that i still cant figure out what it is talking about. I just downloaded the beta after having had the alpha installed on my computer since the release and was looking forward to playing it but it doesn't seem to want to let me play it as it should be (with a friend).

it pops up with the line "The files of mod 'Main' and/or its dependencies are invalid. This can be caused by corrupt files or some files may have been changed. You wont be able to play this mod in multiplayer." which true to its word i cant play multiplayer I am guessing that the "files may have been changed" part from switching from alpha to beta may be the cause but after deleting the entire game and all parts of it from my computer and redownloading it it still will not work. Also on a "May be connected but i have no idea" note even when i chain my characters together at the start they will not follow at all which lead me to have to click where i want to go then change to the other character and send them as well.

Support
Support

Each of those problems has been reported separately a couple times before, so are not necessarily related.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator. Does that give the same error?

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I just downloaded the latest update 1.0.79. Now it crashes when I try to load a previous save. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Last edited by ChokingOnRage; 28/05/14 11:44 PM.
Page 22 of 30 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard