Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
@Shar.

Well first off, I have a strong feeling Swen will be doing the whole kickstarter thing with the next game. We can clearly see all the great changes that were added into the game in the past year from the extra $900k they got (10% of the mil went back into kickstarter fees frown ) I know my generosity will be increased a bit smile

I have a witch (Scarlett) and battle mage (Roderick). For witchcraft, I only found two spellbooks, one to summon an undead swordsman and that bloodletting that she already came with. I think in the full game witchcraft might become more useful.

I found a warrior in the tavern, but keeps turning into a huge grey rectangle so I don't enlist him or her. Not even sure of the gender the glitch is that bad. For a while it was fine, but then started to glitch again. There is a warlock in the mayors house on the 2nd floor. With a party of three I was able to finish all boss battles.

For monsters that are frozen or petrafied, I find uses the teleporation ability does massive damage, but everything else is weak when attacking them. I find those skills are useful to help reduce the amount of attacks your party is taking on for a few rounds then a way to kill an opponent.

Character setup:

Roderick mainly uses melee and fire spell damage, I have his fire set high enough to summon the fire elemental.

Scarlett is pretty much just a mage in the back of the party.

I have her summon both a wolf and undead swordsman. I didn't find many spell books for witchcraft.
Air +1 (teleport monsters away, does major damage when they are petrafied!)
Earth +2 Poison, Fortify, Summon wolf
Ice +2 Ice Shard, healing
Witchcraft +2 Summon undead (most useful summon)

Warlock - forget name. I have him use mainly ice, air and ice elemental summoning.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 08/05/14 01:40 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Witchcraft is mostly a support school, it is mainly a physical buffer/debuffer, not meant to be a heavy damage dealer. Picking up an elemental school can help, though.

It's funny that you didn't want Jahan in your party.
From some of the things Jahan says, I'd put his alignment as either "Neutral Evil" or "Lawful Evil"

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I didn't find a Jahan, and really thought I searched everywhere in Cyseal and talked to every NPC.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

Jahan is the one in the library, upstairs in the mayor's house.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Oh... duh lmao! Yeh I had him in my party. He sometimes freaks out like Arhu unexpectedly and starts attacking my party. This mostly happens if a trap is set off causing burning damage.

Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Oh... duh lmao! Yeh I had him in my party. He sometimes freaks out like Arhu unexpectedly and starts attacking my party. This mostly happens if a trap is set off causing burning damage.

This may be a feature (but needs to be polished a bit), he attacked me in the trap house because I teleported him too often and he got angry, or the female companion also attacked me after a fight. She told me something that she don't want to be with us because she got friendly fire or something...

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
pts Offline
journeyman
journeyman

I have a witch (Scarlett) and battle mage (Roderick). For witchcraft, I only found two spellbooks, one to summon an undead swordsman and that bloodletting that she already came with. I think in the full game witchcraft might become more useful.

You can find a vendor for witchcraft spellbooks on the top floor of the tavern (the same vendor also sells the rogue skillbooks).

For monsters that are frozen or petrafied, I find uses the teleporation ability does massive damage, but everything else is weak when attacking them. I find those skills are useful to help reduce the amount of attacks your party is taking on for a few rounds then a way to kill an opponent.

Anything with crushing damage will do great (like this crushing fist skill from way of the warrior).

Yeah, this friendly fire reaction is way too easy to trigger. Typically, i set the ground on fire, the fight ends, one of my guys runs over the fire, gets a bit angry, runs over the fire some more and is now angry enough to attack me. I think environmental damage shouldn't trigger this reaction, at all.

Last edited by pts; 09/05/14 04:11 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
PTS:

(IRT Frozen monsters) I'll have to try crushing again, before the attacks were mostly being absorbed. Still, focusing on the already attacking monsters as the frozen ones were just kinda chilling there instead of attacking me... yeh pun intended! smile

(IRT Witchcraft Books) Thanks, I knew I saw an NPC that had a bunch of those books but couldn't remember where it was.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by pts

Yeah, this friendly fire reaction is way too easy to trigger. Typically, i set the ground on fire, the fight ends, one of my guys runs over the fire, gets a bit angry, runs over the fire some more and is now angry enough to attack me. I think environmental damage shouldn't trigger this reaction, at all.

indeed, I had the same problem in the past, environmental damage is something hard to predict and control, if the NPC turn against you because of that, we won't have henchmen for long...

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
old hand
old hand
oh, by the way...

start of the game, first visit to the gates:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

the third pic is from ano0ther playthrough, the guards tend to repeat those warnings over and over - every-time you come close - for quite some time, while you are at low levels.

Last edited by Hiver; 11/05/14 06:53 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Your pictures are too small to really read what is being said. From what I can tell, they are just saying the outside is swarming with monsters/zombies so be vigilant. Nothing about "you need an extra party member." It's been over a year, but I think that in DKS the guards were saying the same thing when exiting the town.

Being a Sunday night and not having DKS currently installed on my new(er) computer, I'm not about about to install now (or in the near future) to find out. Right now my free time goes towards marathon training (hence the name) and beta testing D:OS.

Your Hell-bent on only one of the two issues that I had. And still seemed confused about it. The other issue was that you only learn new abilities buy buying (or finding) skill books. In the other Divinity games, you learned abilities by putting training points in after each level up. In rare occasion, you were able to buy or find a skill book, but that was a bonus and not a MUST as it is here. (Getting it now?)

With this knowledge and buying a bunch of skill books, on a 2nd playthrew, I had a far easier time busting up monsters with only 2 characters. Before, both characters (witch and battle-mage) actually did melee attacks while waiting on abilities to cool down.

Since you also like bringing up the past, what were those Army jobs your were talking about? I'm still quite curious in how much you know about the US Army.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 12/05/14 05:31 AM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Hiver
oh, by the way...

start of the game, first visit to the gates:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

the third pic is from ano0ther playthrough, the guards tend to repeat those warnings over and over - every-time you come close - for quite some time, while you are at low levels.

On the third picutre with the ballista, that's the part where it is easy to defeat the mobs if you lure in the mobs near the guards and you can use the ballista if it's within range.

EDIT: didn't notice that the thread was dead. I forgot I sorted with the most views on the forums.

Last edited by henryv; 25/07/14 10:41 PM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard