old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Divine Light currently does nothing.

It's faith based.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Horrorscope

It's faith based.

I tested it with a cleric, who has it as one of their starting skills. It should be useable. If the problem was that you don't meet the requirement, then usually you simply can't use it at all. For example, make a Fighter and lower your Strength to 5 - the skills are greyed out and you can no longer use them. In Divine Light's case, it is not greyed out and you can cast it just fine, it does the animation - but it does not highlight anything in it's AoE and has no effect on anything there.

The Knight also has a starting skill which has a trait requirement, and yet they can cast it just fine from the start

So, no matter what's going on, I feel confident in calling that a bug.

In any case, trait requirements for skills are probably not sticking around, because it prevents companions from using them.

Last edited by Stabbey; 23/05/14 02:15 AM. Reason: knight works
old hand
old hand
Something new, i think.

When you finish with a fight and go forward, walk or run away from that area so it goes outside of your view, but then quickly return towards that same area, before you completely reach the space where enemies dead bodies or remains are - you can see various spell effect firing off in empty air, as if there was someone there. Most of those are healing spell effects but there are some others too.

It is most noticeable in front of the Black Cove though ive noticed it in the western and northern areas, so far.

You can take some time before returning back.

First time i noticed it, i lured the new group of Orcs in front of the Black Cove onto those new mines.
Then i went to the entrance and had a separate fight with that group. After that, when i was returning towards town, when i came close to the place of the first fight i saw various spell effect firing off above the ground where the mines were, which is where most of the first orcs died.

When i ran back to the entrance i saw a few healing spell animations firing off in the air too.

It mostly stays at the edge of the screen. I think they start happening before the camera can actually come over that area so you will mostly notice them firing off just at the edge of the screen as you are moving towards some place of finished battle.

apprentice
apprentice
I don't know how to report/reproduce this particular bug, but the Mayor's cat, Maxine, disappeared from my current playthrough. I just got petpal and talked with Unsinkable Sam. But when I go to the Mayor's office, she's no where to be found. When I walk around the mayor's office, I hear a cat meow, but no cat. I also pressed the ~ (tilde key) to see the available NPCs, but also no cat.

If there is a place to submit my save game, I'd gladly do so.

old hand
old hand
She is not gone. i had that same thing.

She is in the corner of the house where you cannot see her because of how camera works. Its the corner on the right side of the doors. There is a few boxes there and those wooden screen things?
You only need to walk closer to the corner, or into it and youll see her then.

----------

Dietmar and Thugs bug. (i use to kill him so fast that i never even knew they are there, if i kill him fast they never appear or make a sound)

First, the invisible thugs body outlines become visible in red color when i try to use the Leadership shout there. That makes a big yellow overlay at first, before i cast it and the invisible thugs red body outlines can be clearly seen then.

I can also aim and hit them with the poison arrow spell - skill, although i cannot aim at them otherwise.

Dietmar waits too long to call them, which mostly results in him dying too quickly for that to happen. He should call them out to join the fight at half of his health, but i usually catch him inside subsequent turns of my characters -and maybe a summon creature - so we kill him before he gets his next turn.

If i postpone long enough intentionally and he manages to call them, the thugs are friendly to me - with green circles - and enemies to Dietmar. They attack and kill him.

I can attack them and kill them one by one - but they dont react at all.

-------------

In the homestead main hall, if i climb up the highest stairs and make my characters walk closer to the big portal there, or go behind it - that enables me to pull the camera out of the borders of that area and then move it around over various textures, unfinished pieces and over areas of rooms i get later.

Same as i reported for few other rooms.

That is the only way to do it in the main hall that i found so far.
If i dont order my characters to come closer to that portal - the camera cannot be forced any further. Only if they move closer to it or go behind it.

Also, if i go up to the top of those stairs, i can pull the camera back over the main hall - camera then remains on that height - which enables me to see the "roof" above the part where Zixzax and Weaver are.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi, I tried a search but can't see any reports of this issue.

I fired up the game and during the loading screen(s) my cursor was flickering, not a big deal but definitely new for this game.

Things worked fine but when I got to the first encounter with the undead guys, a few turns in my cursor disappeared altogether. I could still click on stuff and could see what was highlighted by moving my mouse around, but I could not see the cursor at all.

This is new to this version, I've tried several others and never seen this happen before.

Cheers, loving the game!

addict
addict
Idon't know if this has been reported before, but you have to make room in your inventory to drag and store items, using you portrait.
Try it: drag and drop crates and baskets and whatever on your character portrait, until your inventory is full. You won't be able anymore. Now lower your inventory bar to make some room, and you are able to drag and place crates directly in your inventory.
I thought it was a feature at first, that some crates were moveable, and others not, until I understand this "space making stuff". Not a big deal, tho.
I would tend to think it is not a feature, nor an opinion, but some people will probably "prove" me I am wrong.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 24/05/14 05:45 AM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Support
Support

Did you try changing the game resolution or graphics options, to see if that would make a difference with the mouse cursor?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi everyone!There is another one portion of bugs\glithes relating mostly to summon mechanic plus another bunch of bugs of diffrent types and plus my minor suggestions as I promissed.My game build is 1.0.59
Here we go!

1)Do you remember my previous post about teleportation tricks? See 25th point .So I found interesting pattern, big thanks to Chaotica,it`s only this guy helped me very much to reveal this.
So as I described we should
A)Sell to anyone the crate which contains the pyramid inside or just put this crate
B)teleport to another region\map if you situated at Cyseal then teleport into Shelter and vice versa
C)Now use your pyramid-and there is most interesting part begins
For example I sold my crazy crate to Arhu,he situated at X-750 Y-258

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262968911

and after stage "C" you will be teleported into the same coordinates where Arhu was but at another map!!! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262972008 -take care about coordinates
Thus you can to get into places where you are not supposed to be at all,if you don`t believe me try it out by yourselves!!
Now about bugs of summon mechanics
2)There is no animation of sneaking of summoned creature(spider)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262655253

3)There is no animation of sitting of summoned creatures http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262655299

4)Summoned creatures at least spider can drink potions and other stuff like that which lays on the ground!!!! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262655338 -pay attention to the spiders status

5)I`ve managed to summon 2 spiders by one hero, I don`t know it`s bug or feature http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262655367
Stabbey said me it`s not bug.

6)We can take to our summoned one, everything but if\when it will die you won`t be able to take it back,it will lose!!!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262655504

7)Spiders can read books. WHAT!? Guys I really afraid of spiders!!!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262655540

8)If you give telepoting pyramid to spider and then kill it or anyone kill it or it will be banished
Then you WILL BE ABLE to teleport to it`s body,but you WON`T FIND any pyramid there!!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262655641 -Spider is receiving the pyramid
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262655677 - Teleporting to already dead spider pay attention that there is no any pyramid!
Note-If you change region\map then taken pyramid will lose forever!!!

9)Glitch-item was hang in the air I think it`s not unusual http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262874198

10)Problem with collisions in tutorial dungeon
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262874240

11)Graphic glitch or I just pressed wrong key?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262983797

So my minor suggestions about gameplay
1)I`m insisting to add "trading status icon" when my partner is trading,it could be showed at combat log "%Username% is trading for now" or it could be shown as special icon of hand with wallet next to his\hers portraits,or mix of both

2)To add FPS-counter to the game to measure perfomance and find lacks of that

3)To add sound and highlighting warning when you receiving message at local chat likewise Steam chat

4)I think you should add info about your dislocation and plus other useful stuff
Example-Date:21.09.2014
Time:23:03:21
Dislocation:Arhu`s Study
Time played:150Hs 48Ms

5)Gameplay suggestion,to add possibility not only open doors\containers by lockpicking but and close\seal them too!
For example-Imagine you were outnumbered ,so you decide to fall back to house,and to win the time you decide to seal the door,thus you force your enemy to beat\explose this door or find another way to you,while you`re drinkng potions or summon someone or fearlessly teleporting away!
I think it`s not bad idea!

Epilogue- I many times asked our guru of bug finding and balancing etc... to help me at various matters about the game,of cource it`s THE Stabbey ONE,I hope you read this.
Stabbey I know you most likely hate me very much for that,so I`m so sorry and big thanks for your help and patience!

Last edited by James 540; 24/05/14 12:11 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
veteran
veteran
No, seriously, stop calling me that.

I will say thanks to James540 for taking the time to try and find all these glitches that I no longer think to try.

Last edited by Stabbey; 24/05/14 12:55 PM. Reason: fixed typo
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok I won`t you call like that,I promise!

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
W
stranger
stranger
W
These bugs are for the mac version.

1. Talking to the ghosts in the pirate cove, there seems to be a problem with the filter applied to them:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262872064

2. Sometimes when running from a high place to a low place, the camera ends up remaining at high altitude. Talking to something or saving seems to clear it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262745848

3. Sometimes I can't heal my party members by clicking on their portraits, even when they're right next to me. Clicking on their bodies works ok.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262745748

4. Sometimes the Option key won't highlight loot on the ground. I don't have a screenshot of this.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Previously interactive object is now static - only seen one so far.

Of the 3 or 4 collectible purple shells on the starting beach that don't light up for Alt, the first one - bear left at the first branch point, and it's on the right bank, sitting on a big rock - is now just part of the beach.

---------------------

The mini-map at the docks shows the orc ship in it's starting position - beside the burning ship - not in its current position on the beach.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by wdarkk
2. Sometimes when running from a high place to a low place, the camera ends up remaining at high altitude.

The camera height isn't automatically reset if it isn't locked onto the lead character. You can hit whatever the Mac equivalent of the Home key is, double click on the lead character's portrait or click and hold to move, to re-centre the camera and adjust the height.

W
stranger
stranger
W
I teleported from the lighthouse area to the north gate and two of my characters have the rain status stuck on. It persists through save/loads. If I go near a fire it'll go away, but come back when I leave.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263247256

If I go into Esemerelda's basement and click on the bookshelf before it's moved by the button, I get an error message that makes no sense at the time, that it's too far away.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263247193

veteran
veteran
When trying to persuade Gallagher to switch entertainers, there's a typo in his Charm option "I suppod".

I am occasionally getting "Saving Levelcache failed" errors when quicksaving or autosaving, but quicksaving again after works.

old hand
old hand
Northern gate Arhu ballista... issues?

If i position my Hunters like this -
[Linked Image]
- Scarlet doesnt notice the zombies even as they come closer towards Roderick on the bridge, when he instigates and starts the fight.

She cannot "see" them even from this position -
[Linked Image]
- regardless of how i turn her or move her around. Roderick is in combat mode. Scarlet is not.
They have to be separated because otherwise she runs down towards Roderick ... and then cannot shoot the ballista, obviously. (that also makes guards see the zombies and run out)

I can make her run down - join the fight and then have her walk back towards ballista to shoot it, which takes two or three turns. As she goes through the gate - the legion guards see the zombies and run out and join the fight.

If i shoot the ballista then - i kill the guards too.

The only thing i can do to avoid that is to have Scarlet use one of the spells she has to hit the zombies from her position above - which then makes her join the fight properly.

Since the distance is so small, i think she should be able to see the zombies and join the fight without these extra moves by me. Or have that guard use the ballista himself.

- i think this would be even harder to pull off in the western gate area since enemies are even more distant when i start the fight and guards run towards them very early - instead of shooting the ballista at them as they come close - in range.

The armor texture on the wayfarer Roderick is very, very, very low res.
[Linked Image]
He also looks very much like Swen when wearing that hat... - which removes all the hair from the model...

So... im not sure should i call that a bug or not, really?
I think its best if i leave this ... feature for their own internal discussion.

[Linked Image]
no words necessary, eh?

well, a few are necessary to be said about those green feet you see on the right there. Those are the feet of Lillian and the headless Nick body.

Apparently - if i leave Nicks head to its new illustrious career, which is what he wants - when i return and try to convey his message for Lillian to "stop waiting for him and move on ..." - the reaction is that she and the body attack me and i have to kill them.

Which is, so far, the worst result of some quest decision i have seen in this beta. On par with the very low quality of the Ebenezer quest ending.

Im not sure which one is worst...

Considering the relative high quality of other quests and their results, these stand out even more.

With the ending of the Lighthouse ghost story trailing behind these two at some distance.

best for the last:

If i try to pickpocket dr. Thelyron in front of the Braccus Rex room in the church - he starts calling for help, gets up and starts running around - and then he disappears - runs away.

:lol:

apprentice
apprentice
I'll be collecting bugs and dialog errors I discover in this post.

Dialog Errors

• Mayor Cecil: when asked about Jake's murder says "...I've known Esmeralda for years. That business between SHE and the Duke..." => "between HER and the Duke"
  • Mendius: introducing the Fab Five "...sign our WAVER..." => "sign our WAIVER"
  • Zixzax: "...the ones Star Stones can tame..." seems like the object and subject are switched. Do we tame Star Stones or do Star Stones tame us?
  • Bibius: "...doesn't have a horn on HIS head..." regardless of gender.

Bugs

• Pressing shift+tab to get the Steam overlay makes you draw or sheathe you weapons as if you had pressed tab only.
  • Not sure if this is intended or not but I'll add it to be sure: finding a Star Stone with a character in jail teleports that character to the End of Time along with the others.

Last edited by dubiouschicken; 25/05/14 10:06 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
The WInterblast spellbook has a wind icon when it's a water spell.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Somehow I managed to trigger an infinite exploding poison cloud by shooting a zombie in some fire terrain by the church.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263711373

Also managed to prevent the body from showing up in the hidden lair area just by entering the church without going to the lower level.

Last edited by wdarkk; 26/05/14 02:28 AM.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard