Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I'm unsure as to whether or not the Kickstarter physical tier ($95 pledge) will include the same contents as the Collector's Edition unveiled in Swen's update today. Swen had mentioned that a number of CE copies were going to Kickstarter supporters but since the name and the contents listed in the Kickstarter aren't identical, I'm not sure if it's because the Kickstarter was done earlier and the contents have only now been finalized, or if the CE is something different than the Physical Tier. Any clarification would be appreciated.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
old hand
old hand
The CE box is the 95$ box which we'll be sending out to backers but they'll also get a few extras on top (on top of actually the extra's that are already in the CE box). Specifically the art book and things like the Kickstarter potions.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yeah, sorry, I just read your email more carefully and the information was in there. I was so excited for the video update that I went straight there without reading the email. ouch

Thank you for the thoughtful work put into the CE, it looks great.

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
stranger
Why is there no Kickstarter Collectors Edition as very clearly stated on the KS page?
Its mentioned multiple times, and yet those of us who paid for this specific edition dont get one, not only that the retail CS and the KS backers are the same price with virtually not differences.

So you happily take our money, to complete the (have to admit amazing) game and we get no credit for our contribution.

That's not even remotely OK. Those 1500 KS boxes should be branded KS CE with some artwork/embossing or something to distinguish them from the people not will to back the project when it wasnt completed.

Feeling not only let down, but frankly betrayed and pissed off.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Seriously? We're getting more in the CE than was promised in the Kickstarter boxed set. Maybe Larian should send you a boxed set that only contains what was originally promised, but with a little special snowflake stamped on the front of the box. :hihi:

*edit* - Besides that, there are additional rewards to being in the Kickstarter that someone who purchases the CE after release won't get, e.g., scribing a message in the woods, your name listed in the credits, etc.

Last edited by Windemere; 16/05/14 02:39 PM.

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
enthusiast
enthusiast
ON KS:

Creator Larian Studios LLC 2 minutes ago

@Chris:I understand your point and reading that text I understand the confusion. We just contacted the factory and will look if we can change the print on the box for the Kickstarter versions. While the dice & cards are already in production, the packaging around the box isn't done yet because we're waiting for the age ratings. I can't make any promises right now but we'll see what we can do.

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
apprentice
apprentice
Damn you Dwel, I was just about to write that!! Ninja'd!!

I'm just a man smile
stranger
stranger
Wunderbar!

and to quote myself

@Larian. That would be spectacular! Sorry for being such a prick, but having come off several very disappointing KS projects this year, this issue just became the final straw. As I said the game is wonderful, and I appreciate the calm responses despite my asshole posts. Mind you its 3am Saturday morning, so I am not at my bushy-tailed best to say the least.
Thanks so very much!

addict
addict
wahou I must admit Larian, I am astonished, I checked the kickstarter comments just to check if it was not another trolling. I mean that is not a big deal but doing that show that you are really taking into account your fan's demand even if sometimes those one are... well let's say not really important.

I did not pledge for the $95 edition, only for the basic one so wether you make this customized box or not is not really of my concern however I really appreciate the gesture ^^

one last thing, I must admit that I asked several times for noce goodies and those goodies are beyond my expectation as a RPG player and a boardgame/cardgame player thanks a lot guys :3

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
old hand
old hand
As a baker of the Tier: "Pet Lover" I have a question regarding these terms:

For my tier the description is:

Divinity: Original Sin Collector's Box
Not available yet

This special Kickstarter box includes a DVD version of the game, a printed manual, an audio CD version of the game's soundtrack, an artbook and a cloth map of the game world.

And for the 69,99€ limited edition:

Two copies of Divinity: Original Sin for co-op adventuring
Digital copies of Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity
Recipe cards to help you craft in-game
Cloth map of Rivellon
Two-sided A2 poster
Soundtrack CD
An Original Sin-themed playing card deck
Premium-quality RPG dice set with pouch
Sticker pack
A pair of DLC items

It really doesn't fit imho. I pledged 150$ and get way less? Please clarify / fix it Larian!

Thanks!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Nemisis_Dragon
As a baker of the Tier: "Pet Lover" I have a question regarding these terms:

For my tier the description is:

Divinity: Original Sin Collector's Box
Not available yet

This special Kickstarter box includes a DVD version of the game, a printed manual, an audio CD version of the game's soundtrack, an artbook and a cloth map of the game world.

And for the 69,99€ limited edition:

Two copies of Divinity: Original Sin for co-op adventuring
Digital copies of Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity
Recipe cards to help you craft in-game
Cloth map of Rivellon
Two-sided A2 poster
Soundtrack CD
An Original Sin-themed playing card deck
Premium-quality RPG dice set with pouch
Sticker pack
A pair of DLC items

It really doesn't fit imho. I pledged 150$ and get way less? Please clarify / fix it Larian!

Thanks!

You're not getting less. You get the box as described in the update with the extra's described in your reward tier. You get more than you paid for on KS.

apprentice
apprentice
And for the non-KS bakers, is there a way to get the Artbook? Maybe... separately in the Larian Vault? think

Last edited by Drym'; 17/05/14 07:54 AM.
addict
addict
well I would not put too much hope in that, I think that like the weresheep Tshirt (damn me for not having seen it !!) there are exclusive goodies for the KS backers

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

veteran
veteran
I'm sad the artbook isn't being included in the regular CE, as that's pretty standard stuff. I'd rather have it in place of some of the other physical fluff (dice, for example, of which I have a million of collecting dust).

addict
addict
(no way !! I really look forward playing RPG with a brand new set of dices !!)

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

stranger
stranger
Really regretting not getting the physical CE now. Don't see any options to upgrade my Kickstarter. Larian did a great job!

Link Copied to Clipboard