Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
A
addict
addict
A
I think there needs to be a sorting option in the barter menu as well, for convenience.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
In barter screen I think more granular tabs are necessary - not just gear, but weapons and armor separated.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
-When dragging to place an Inventory Item from say the top to the bottom, you can't hold an item and scroll the inventory.

You can use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll through the inventory while dragging an item.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
-When dragging to place an Inventory Item from say the top to the bottom, you can't hold an item and scroll the inventory.

You can use the mouse scroll wheel to scroll through the inventory while dragging an item.

Thanks. That one actually takes some skill to hold LMB and use the scroll wheel.

addict
addict
I miss the ability to use summons to break doors and chests to save my durability ^_^ if that could make a come back please. thanks <3

(my spider was un-clickable to control outide battle ._.)

Last edited by Ellary; 20/05/14 12:36 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ellary
I miss the ability to use summons to break doors and chests to save my durability ^_^ if that could make a come back please. thanks <3

(my spider was un-clickable to control outide battle ._.)

I'm pretty sure that was a deliberate changed to not allow that kind of thing. Too easily exploitable, I imagine. I'll always cherish my memories of having Wolfie rip the throat out of the Fabulous Five recruiter, though.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I'll always cherish my memories of having Wolfie rip the throat out of the Fabulous Five recruiter, though.

And that my friends is why we want Early Access.

D
stranger
stranger
D
In this version the ability to collect certain items like chests by dragging them over the character portrait has been removed. I don't see a reason for this and would like to see it back in the game because I don't see a reason why it was removed in the first place.

Dedicated Telekinesis Tester
M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
More good ideas, and I personally want to see Larian put every single one in the game. Get to work folks! wink

Seriously, it looks like the devs are still working on basic gameplay (especially skills/abilities/talents), despite the planned June 30 release date, so it might not be realistic to expect the level of UI polish I'd ideally like to see in time for release. But - at the risk of being trolled for suggesting I, as a non-game developer, know what the hell I'm talking about - my personal "must-have" sub-list of UI improvements which would seem to me to be relatively "easy" to fix (taken from the longer list in the OP) would be:

1) All items of an identical type (except equipment) should stack with each other in the inventory and trading menus - there are still some that don't, as stated in the OP

2) Items should be consistently arranged in the same item grid slot order in all NPC trading and current player inventory menus - being able to sort inventory as of beta 1.0.59 (thanks, by the way!), but still having a jumbled mess in the trading screen, is extreeeeeemely annoying

3) Left-clicking (rather than left-clicking-and-holding/dragging) on an item within the inventory menu should allow you to pick it up - this one at least I can confidently say would be very easy to fix

4) Inventory container fixes (backpacks, pouches, barrels, crates, etc.) - I think an admin posted that they're aware of these bugs, but not having keys and quest items "recognized" by the game if placed inside a container makes containers sort of useless

5) Activating a character via its portrait or the "F1"-"F4" keys should also switch to that character's inventory or skills menu, if open - again, really inconvenient not to have this

6) A "pause" function should be added - e.g., the game world should pause when accessing the game menu (via ESC) and when popup messages appear

7) All keyboard controls should be fully reassignable in the "Controls" menu - you still can't assign a function to the WASD keys without the keys also moving the camera

8) Repair/identification overhaul - one-click "repair all"; item auto-identification (keeping existing related ability requirements) - some people may find clicking thousands of times on hammers, identifying glasses, and equipment fun, but I humbly beg Larian to remove this "realism feature"; it's really become incredibly tedious, and for me at least, has started to ruin much of the fun of the game

9) A fully customizable (including skills and equipment) "classless" character creation option - 'nuff said.

Of course, what I'd really like to see is Larian devote time to implementing all 34 requests in the OP, as well as many other great UI ideas in this and other topics. I've said it before, but a great game like D:OS can be at least partially ruined by sloppy inventory systems and other clunky interface mechanics, as the players find themselves wasting time micromanaging the UI which could be better spent actually enjoying the game. But as I've also said before, I really appreciate the improvements Larian has implemented so far during the beta, and look forward to more in the next update. Cheers!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Mikus
7) All keyboard controls should be fully reassignable in the "Controls" menu - you still can't assign a function to the WASD keys without the keys also moving the camera

IMO out of everything, this one has to be done. Any game today will get baptized in flames for not having it. No reason to get the mass yappers uniting against thee. It will totally skew the perception of the game. If it was a first person game, I would say FOV has the same affect.

I've said it before, but a great game like D:OS can be at least partially ruined by sloppy inventory systems and other clunky interface mechanics, as the players find themselves wasting time micromanaging the UI which could be better spent actually enjoying the game.

Agreed. If mmo's have done anything good for these types of RPG's is they have shown devs better UI's. So many old-school games died a death because they were tedious. Back then resolution and simply pioneering was the issue. Today we have the rez and have tons of UI's to draw from, the more elegant/clever the UI the more a pleasure it is to sit down and enjoy. For example being TB, having the ability to show many skill bars at the same time (I don't care if it is an option and it's a generic looking bar) is wonderful. Being able to one click your choice really up's the pleasure of TB games, to make the slow faster. In the distant past again Rez wouldn't allow it, but today we gots the room for it. M&M X, we pleaded over and over, nope one 10 bar, still beats nothing, but it would have just been so much more pleasurable with one clicking any and all options for a turn.

This isn't terrible, but an ongoing focus would be great.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 21/05/14 11:05 PM.
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
I agree that those little things really do add up later on in the game when it doesn't have things like all repair, auto-identification and all item of identical type search. It needs to be in the game.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Two more ideas that have my vote (from R0hland/darkened/etc.):

1) Hotkey for character linking
I like darkened's example: ctrl+shift+# to set; ctrl+# to recall

2) Auto-pausing or auto-entering combat mode when damage taken
I'd personally add this to the "pause function" request already in this thread, so it'd be on my "must-have" shortlist. The whole "winning-a-long-battle-then-not-having-enough-time-to-heal-from-poison-before-dying" routine was getting really old.

EDIT: Hmm, I guess the below issue isn't a problem after all; don't know what happened earlier.
Also, anyone else having problems in 1.0.59 with scrolling up and down the inventory grid using the mouse wheel? It never used to be an issue for me in previous versions, but it sometimes didn't work during my brief testing late last week.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
I've seen many more requests elsewhere for things in this thread (a "pause" function/button; NPC dialogue options previously chosen by the player should be "dimmed"/"grayed"; selecting a character should also switch to his/her inventory window, if open; etc.), so I'm glad I'm still not the only player nagging Larian for this stuff.

Speaking of which, any date estimate for the next update so we can confirm all these features have been added? wink

veteran
veteran
Next week at the earliest, although that doesn't mean that all things will be added. The next patch may just be mostly a balance one to respond to the feedback to the skill/ability changes.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Cool, thanks Stabbey. And yeah, it's unrealistic to expect more major progress on the UI with the next update when the devs are still spending time balancing other game features, but as there continue to be requests for these interface improvements, I hope they'll keep polishing these extremely important game aspects as well. At least most of the things requested in this thread (with a couple exceptions - looking at you, repair and identify... smile ) aren't controversial among the player community, as far as I can tell.

But again, beating a dead horse now - just looking forward to the next update. Later.

old hand
old hand
I see that the cursor, or mouse pointer still lingers in a state, after i already used a spell, which makes me wait a second more to be able to cast another.

For example, when im using magic to bash some treasure chest - i cast one spell with Scarlet, then another with Roderick so i cut down on cooldown waiting, yes?

But when i cast the first spell with Scarlet, the mouse pointer remains in that "mode" or state for about a second, second and a half longer , during which time i cannot select Roderick or do anything, really. and that of course happens when i cast a spell with Roderick...and so on.

There is always that delay between any two actions.

Its not a big problem out of combat, bashing chests and the like.
Just unwieldy. And it looks unnecessary.

But it is a bigger problem in that case when one of the characters walks into a deadly surface and i need to heal them quickly. or they are damaged with poison or fire in combat and the combat ends.

If that responsiveness could be enhanced, made faster - it would be great.

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
Cool, thanks Stabbey. And yeah, it's unrealistic to expect more major progress on the UI with the next update when the devs are still spending time balancing other game features, but as there continue to be requests for these interface improvements, I hope they'll keep polishing these extremely important game aspects as well. At least most of the things requested in this thread (with a couple exceptions - looking at you, repair and identify... smile ) aren't controversial among the player community, as far as I can tell.

But again, beating a dead horse now - just looking forward to the next update. Later.

Agreed i see these UI elements to be right up there with the balancing honestly.
Skill system tweaking/balancing... fixes on the elemental aspect of the game.. how fire tends to insta kill you if your party memeber are in it in real time.. and UI polishing/quality of life additions.. thats my hope for the next update.

Last edited by ynotndalton; 26/05/14 03:12 PM.
veteran
veteran
I didn't say that I thought there would be no more UI improvements ever, just that the next patch might be mostly about changing the skill system.

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I didn't say that I thought there would be no more UI improvements ever, just that the next patch might be mostly about changing the skill system.

Ya thats a major point.. also wanna test those A.I personalities so badly....

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
My gut feeling is we will see the next update around the first of june.

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard