Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by randir14

At this point Larian being quiet likely means they are still figuring stuff out. Physical editions being pushed to the 30th I get but digital delay information is unreliable at the absolute best unless that information comes from Larian or one of their confirmed digital distributors which there are only two besides the Larian Vault and they are Steam and GOG.

What concerns me the most is that they seem to be so overwhelmed by problems that they haven't/can't/don't know how to best collect shipping information from their backers at physical tiers and this has me VERY worried at the moment.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 04/06/14 09:57 PM.
Support
Support

They don't really need shipping information for another couple weeks.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

They don't really need shipping information for another couple weeks.

Not sure how that would even work because they will want to ship them all at once to avoid greatly increased shipping costs and it will be hard to get hundreds or thousands of backers to fill the survey in one day...there has to be a time period there. And then there's already the unknown amount of time the shipments will be floating through the mail, not to mention international shipping which will be expensive regardless even at the "it'll get there someday" speed.

It's less the wait that I mind because a few weeks I won't mind, it's the fact that I'm getting close to another job related relocation so I can end up in the situation where the survey is out and I am unable to fill it for a month or two because I can't risk the game arriving where I am after I'm gone and I don't have an exact address where I'm going....plus the risk of the package getting there before me and being kicked back because I'm not there.

My time is literally ticking and I have a very sensitive decision to make because I really can end up f***** and never seeing any of it.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 04/06/14 11:32 PM.
Support
Support

I expect most people will have their address in the Larian Vault account... though I don't know if the survey will require that to be entered again, or if you can just confirm if the current info is correct.
I'm sure if needed Larian can delay shipping your copy of the game.

I think the creative kickstarter rewards will need more of a warning than the shipping info, so hopefully there will be an update about all of that soon.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by randir14

Hmm. If the dice incident caused the boxes and the release of the physical CE to be delayed by 10 days, it's possible they're opting to push the digital release back to the 30th as well so they can use that time to crush more bugs.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gyson
Hmm. If the dice incident caused the boxes and the release of the physical CE to be delayed by 10 days, it's possible they're opting to push the digital release back to the 30th as well so they can use that time to crush more bugs.

I think that if the digital release of Original Sin is delayed it'll be related to the PEGI rating disc having gotten lost in the mail a bit ago and I don't think'd delay the release in just one region.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

I expect most people will have their address in the Larian Vault account... though I don't know if the survey will require that to be entered again, or if you can just confirm if the current info is correct.
I'm sure if needed Larian can delay shipping your copy of the game.

I think the creative kickstarter rewards will need more of a warning than the shipping info, so hopefully there will be an update about all of that soon.

The creative bits are bound to be out of time at this point, not sure if they can still be added in through patches. I filled everything out except the coop dialogue because I honestly don't expect to play much coop and I had no specific intent in mind for a coop conversation though I'm sure other people will do some really cool things with it.

Beyond that I never got any feedback about my input so fingers crossed is was all ok for them. The guidelines and rules were kind of vague so I hope I didn't write too much for descriptions and my item combo turned out acceptable and so on.

veteran
veteran
I believe that the digital version is indeed also delayed, due to the physical version being delayed, but I look at that as a glass half-full situation. Sure, it's another 10 days before we get to play the full thing, but it's also another 10 days for Larian to polish and try to fix bugs.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I totally disagree.

I hope that the digital version isn't delayed.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It appears quite obvious to me that if you want a physical copy of the 20th june's game build, you cannot expect it to be delivered home the same day. I believe the digital version will still launch the 20th, and by the time the collector boxes have arrived there will be a patch available as well. That's my opinion. It's been speculated the video stream at gog tonight might stage Divinity Original Sin's announcement ong gog, so we might very well get some answers there.

Amazon.de says 30th also, but I still hope that we backer will get it a bit earlier.

I don't think Larian will contact us regarding shipping address, since we already gave the details in our Larian Vault account information. I think they will only contact the backers who didn't made a Vault account yet.
But they will surely make a big update soon and explain the schedule. hehe

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lotrotk
It appears quite obvious to me that if you want a physical copy of the 20th june's game build, you cannot expect it to be delivered home the same day. I believe the digital version will still launch the 20th, and by the time the collector boxes have arrived there will be a patch available as well. That's my opinion. It's been speculated the video stream at gog tonight might stage Divinity Original Sin's announcement ong gog, so we might very well get some answers there.

That's not what I said. I expect to know when these things will ship and given no shipping information was collected it doesn't look promising it'll even ship on the 30th for KS backers.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Endre
Amazon.de says 30th also, but I still hope that we backer will get it a bit earlier.

I don't think Larian will contact us regarding shipping address, since we already gave the details in our Larian Vault account information. I think they will only contact the backers who didn't made a Vault account yet.
But they will surely make a big update soon and explain the schedule. hehe

No we don't, not all of us and we can't assume most have filled that information. I have only filled it out recently because there has been no need for me to fill it out before. Only bought digital and my account on the Vault was just fine without it. The relevant question is: how many bought physical items that needed to be shipped from the Vault before? Probably not a lot because most of the stuff there is digital.

veteran
veteran
We already know the CE disk will have to download a day 0 patch simply cause Gold disk and "digital release" are 2 different versions that can't possibly coincide...

That's with or without delay.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
In a way it's sad that it's been delayed again, but it's very thoughtful of them to release it on my birthday. Yay. laugh

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Happy birthday in advance...

Personally can't really be thrilled with voice-acting, especially with it being synonym with shortened, weakened conversations in modern RPG's... but since this was made without VO in mind it fortunately is not the case here.
It should be interested to note how Cyseal would sound with VO, seeing how walking their spams your convolong so badly, I have a hard time figuring out how it wont be annoying with VO.

Then again, it might add chatter making it feel like a proper city, Waukeen promenade in BG2-like.

It's certainly something I actually worry about, rather than look forward to. I know, I'm strange... but I've seen too many RPG's ruined for the cinametic fully-voiced experience...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok I was wrong. Ten days of wrongness! Now evereybody is gonna get it the 30th. Fortunately it's not 10 months.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
It should be interested to note how Cyseal would sound with VO, seeing how walking their spams your convolong so badly, I have a hard time figuring out how it wont be annoying with VO.

Then again, it might add chatter making it feel like a proper city, Waukeen promenade in BG2-like.

I don't think generic merchant barks will be voiced. It MIGHT make it feel like a proper city for a minute or two, after that I'd probably want to take a drill to my head.

EDIT: oh, I didn't see the Kickstarter update. hmmm.

Last edited by Stabbey; 06/06/14 12:30 PM. Reason: my bad
veteran
veteran
As long as the audio volume is scaled with distance, it should be fine.

veteran
veteran
"their" > "there", "convolong" > "convolog"
Damn, I can't write.

It would have to be pretty finetuned, and not simply like the current AoE for floating text is, as you can easily get flooded by them, from far away.

Definitely the most worrisome spot I think; that market...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard