Next Thread
Print Thread
#496164 22/05/14 05:21 PM
E
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
When I launch DoS on my mac, I have a pink screen. Impossible to run it. Is my Mac too old?

Core duo 3,06
GForce GT 130 512Mb
4Gb Ram

Support
Support

From the Steam discussion Mac: Not OSX 10.7.5 compatible?:

the game specifically targets 10.8 and 10.9 systems.
However the game is still compiled with 10.7 systems in mind. ...[but] is not officially supported

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
The pink issue is very serious indeed. Right now we can say users of GT 120/130, 9600GT always see pink screen. The origin of pink screen is even more strange as we right now don't see the code that can produce such a pink halo.

It will be excellent if anyone with pink issue can pay a visit to Larian in Ghent with a notebook of course smile

If you feeling brave and tech-savyy enough you can organise remote access to your Mac and one of our engineers will check stuff at time which is good for you.

During the session (which you will also see), we will install an OpenGL analyzer tool on your Mac and will use it to analyse the situation

If you're feeling brave please mail platon.fomichev@larian.com.

Last edited by Stauff1138; 22/05/14 10:02 PM.
E
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by Raze

From the Steam discussion Mac: Not OSX 10.7.5 compatible?:

the game specifically targets 10.8 and 10.9 systems.
However the game is still compiled with 10.7 systems in mind. ...[but] is not officially supported

I have the latest version (10.9.3)

E
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
Stauff1138,

I can move to Larian (I live in Wavre, not too far) but I work during the day. Late afternoon or during the we, I can bring my Mac (big screen but very portable)

addict
addict
Dude, you sneaky you ^^
Edit: Awww shit, didn't read the above post, never mind, good luck with fixing this ^^

Last edited by Cromcrom; 23/05/14 09:32 AM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Update.

Thanks to eponette I've studied his config and it (renderer state) really is messed up. The textures seem mostly to be fine, but looks like card falls back to software renderer partially...

I will try some tricks during next week.

apprentice
apprentice
Thanks for the update, Stauff1138.

I also have an older Macbook Pro with a NVidia 9600GT card if you need my assistance as well. But it sounds like you got it taken care of already.

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
zenkimoto, let me guess same pink issue?

apprentice
apprentice
Yep, same pink issue.

E
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by Stauff1138
Update.

Thanks to eponette I've studied his config and it (renderer state) really is messed up. The textures seem mostly to be fine, but looks like card falls back to software renderer partially...

I will try some tricks during next week.

I'll be glad to open my Mac to your tests for the new version.

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Update:

We've got the hardware.

Last edited by Stauff1138; 27/05/14 11:51 AM.
Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
The pink issue is resolved. You can expect fix in the next Steam update (whenever it will happen)

Affected video cards:
GeForce 8600/8800/9600/120/130
Quadro FX 5600

No more pink issues with this video cards. Users will be able to play fully.

However shadows (High) or Light Shadows lock up process. To fix it for now just disable shadows or experiment with shadows until you have them working. Completely disabling shadows gives you 100% working game.

We will keep working on shadows as it is a known issue for GeForce 320/330 cards.

apprentice
apprentice
Stauff1138,

I'm still having a pink screen. My graphics card on this MBP is GeForce 9600M GT, 512 MB dedicated.

I've verified that I did indeed update to the latest version of D:OS.

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
You haven't enabled DisableLegacyQuery by chance? Does your notebook have another video card?

I guess the hotfix for latest MacBooks killed fix for your pink issue (as you most definitely have second video card)

We really wanted to make a generic solution to this issue by correctly looking at video card stats, but looks like we have to hardcode hardware name instead..

Last edited by Stauff1138; 29/05/14 07:36 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Hi, sorry for all the confusion! I have two Macbook Pros which I am testing/playing D:OS.

The first one is Late 2013 (GeForce GT 750M 2GB), the second Late 2009 (GeForce 9600M 512MB)

Late 2013 (GeForce GT 750M 2GB) - Working fine after new patch. I had a "Video System Failure" dialog and is the one that I disable with the "DisableLegacyQuery" property. This one is working fine.

Late 2009 (GeForce 9600M 512MB) - This one always had the pink screen. After the patch, It's better as I see more visual artifacts showing buttons, etc., but everything is still pink. I'll see if I can get a screenshot later.

Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Yep both of those notebook actually have 2 video cards. The pink issue will hopefully be gone with new system of video cards blacklisting which we will in the next build.

I am very positive that your pink bug is the same for all Nvidia cards and it will be remedied soon.

apprentice
apprentice
Thanks Stauff1138 for all your quick responses.

Link Copied to Clipboard