Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
stranger
stranger
T
I can't work out how to do this - so it might be an idea to put it in the tutorial.

One of my characters has 29 potions of healing. I would like to pass them out evenly between my characters. How do i do this? I've tried dragging them and I have tried sending them but in both cases all of the potions are passed to the receiving character.

There is a slider for moving money when bartering. Is their a slider for moving items between characters?

Last edited by tom8a; 26/05/14 07:49 PM.
Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Yes, tom, there is a key assigned for this. Just check game options - controls to see what it is by default and change it to some other key if you want.

As for the tutorial area, i would also suggest that it doesnt give any xp or loot.
Since if it does it becomes almost mandatory for most players since they will feel they are missing out. Even if the amounts are minimal and loot hardly worth the bother.

Or there could be an option to go inside and skip it, being teleported to the exit with all xp and loot.

Best case scenario would be to make a separate tutorial outside of the game and turn that dungeon into something a bit more interesting.

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
Disagree with tutorial not giving loot and xp but agree with your idea of being able to skip it and gain xp from it.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Just thinking out loud there. Those would be the different possible options.
What the devs will decide to do with it is up to them.

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by Hiver
Just thinking out loud there. Those would be the different possible options.
What the devs will decide to do with it is up to them.

Ya i feel ya but would def like to see more enemies in tutorial dungeon.. even if they are low level animal type enemies.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Might sound daft but I am still unable to get split items even after someone kindly directed me to the command in the option panel.

The tutorial really needs to include this.

Last edited by tom8a; 31/05/14 12:11 PM.
Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
You need to press and hold that key (you can change it to some other too if you want, ofc) with one hand - and then click+hold the items you want to split with the mouse pointer and drag them to the new position or on top of another character portrait.

Would be nicer if the "split" key, or mouse pointer wouldnt need to be held down but just pressed or clicked once... or if there was a split button in the inventory that works similar as the identify or repair buttons in the trading window.

Support
Support

Shift (default) doesn't need to be held down the whole time, just before dropping.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Well, thats a bit hard to notice since you do have to press it and hold while taking the items with the mouse and moving them over.

M
stranger
stranger
M
i ususally like to craft in games. but in this game i have crafted for about 15 minutes. during my last playthrough i sold everything and didnt even craft a simple heal potion. its too much stuff, to complicated, with unknown results or recipes and - most important - too much text to read.

its ok to read the book first, but im missing this "crafting menu" ... im overhelmed and at the end i just dont know what i actually can craft and what is does.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
"too much text to read" gets not only zero sympathy from me but much worse ideas as reaction. Speaking personally of course.

I would urge Larian devs to invent and introduce even more textual features and put them in the game.
Even if it means delaying it for many months more.

In fact, i think it would be best to remove combat as it is and replace it with lavish textual descriptions of every thought, move, spell or skill effect the players perform or experience - and then those of enemies - turn by turn.

M
stranger
stranger
M
i think crafting is fine as it is now, the game tracks recipe books you find, and it is not too difficult to figure some new recipes out. Combining some herbs or mushrooms with empty flasks is intuitive and works fine, so you get potions early and without a big effort (also there are enough potions in the game anyway), combining potions isn't hard to figure out also. If you try to combine stuff, something happens or not, not a problem. Good to have a knife, axe, dagger and hammer with you, and of course a mortar and pestle. Later you have a lot more tools, either crafted or found (needle and thread, for example).
I like that there isn't a crafting station (besides from anvil, furnace and mobile kitchen), so that you can craft potions while exploring. But it would be nice to have NPCs (for example a blacksmith, or the doctor, besides from books, who can teach you a few recipes or show you combinations).

i think the books are fine, and also how it is done. does not explain everything, you have to figure it out by yourself, this is what those games always did.

in the tutorial, it is missing, yes, but not everyone is investing in crafting at character creation, so why add stuff people can't do whitout spending points? (lockpicking does work with 0 points, at least in the tutorial). there could be a fireplace or a small, destroyed lab with some potion flasks and herbs, but people would only care if they want to.

Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

The point of tutorial is to teach people about what options there are and how to play the game, right?
Not to force them to anything.

I still think a tutorial should not be inside the game but, since this one already is, atleast it could show everything that is in the game in an appropriate way - without any big hand holding.

I already wrote that for crafting, the most important thing to show to the completely new players is the importance of reading recipe book - and the fact that there is no easy crafting "station" to use, which everyone are accustomed to and will be expecting, unless the tutorial clarifies that is actually not in the game.

A fireplace fit for cooking or a small destroyed lab would be good additions, just to show how diverse crafting is - not to hand hold the players.

1. make them understand reading crafting books is the key to crafting (overhead text blurbs from source hunters would be a great way to emphasize this)
2. provide opportunity to actually do some crafting to see how diverse it is - and how important it is to get the correct recipe from the crafting books.

Thats all.

journeyman
journeyman
I would love to have a better mini boss though XD!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard