Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#496840 27/05/14 08:43 AM
Kaya86 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hey,

just to make sure that i got this right, there will be no dices in the CE?

Greetings

old hand
old hand
Quoting myself from this thread:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=496551#Post496551

"There's been a problem at our manufacturer, or rather at one of their suppliers. The guys who make the dice informed them that they'd only be able to supply the set of RPG dice in the middle of July (instead of the beginning of June). Needless to say this came as a big surprise and is very disappointing for us. We've been working on finding a solution and ultimately decided to pull the RPG dice as we didn't want to delay the release of the CE in shops to the end of July (if we get it middle of July, it's only in shops end of July). Of course, the dice not being in the bundle also has an impact on the other materials in the Collectors Edition like for instance the back of the box, so there may be a small delay as a result of that. We're still working on that.

We'll be contacting everybody who bought a CE in the coming days and offer them the chance for a refund. The rest of the package will not be affected."

Support
Support

I am disappointed. I was never actually going to use them... but, still. frown

Kaya86 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Me too.
But i understand, that they can't delay the release of the CE.
I think a lot of the Kickstarter backers and me included could wait till end of july to get the dices, but i don't think most other people would.

journeyman
journeyman
I'm also disappointed, but Kava86 said it all there ist to say

Is there a possibillity to get the dices seperate e.g. on Larianvault, because I think they will be produced and I want them badly??

Last edited by Rainer; 27/05/14 09:15 AM.

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
Kaya86 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
That would be awesome.
I hope they put them on LarianVault. I would totally buy them =D

old hand
old hand
No, we had to cancel the order completely. The minimum required runs prevented us from ordering a limited set - we looked into that possibility.

journeyman
journeyman
thx for the quick reply
- I'm sad, because I like dices ;(
BUT looking forward to get my Kickstarter-CE ;D

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
journeyman
journeyman
I'm rather sad about this too, mostly because I was going to use them (I'm a huge tabletop RPG player as well as a Divinity fan) but things can't be helped. I also wouldn't mind having to wait a month to get a complete box, but I do understand that you have to have a retail version out on time.

If there ever is going to be a set of Divinity dice then you'd definitely have at least one buyer of a few sets (more dice is good gifts for tabletop gamers).

Don't worry asking me if I want a refund because I'll just refuse it, there's still things I want in that CE box!

I'm also known as Tovarah.
addict
addict
frown narf that was probably the item I was expected the most in the CE...
what about people who did not preorder through the Vault?

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Raze #496864 27/05/14 12:48 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

I am disappointed. I was never actually going to use them... but, still. frown

Hahahaha, I'm in the same boat!! I was never very likely to use but noooooo, shinies are lost. laugh

All is good though, can't wait for the CE and the game itself above all.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm sad too disagree (but I don't cancel my preorder for this) I can wait for goodies ...but not much for the game :p

Is there an other item to replace the set of dices?

I wish an Artbook (A4 format like for The Witcher 2) but in one month, not sure you can do that of course.
Maybe getting some such goodies on Larian Vault later?

Good luck for this inconvenience :s

Last edited by Drym'; 27/05/14 01:13 PM.
addict
addict
Larian said no other items, they don't have time for that...

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

veteran
veteran
I suspect it does, but does this also mean the dice carrying pouch with the Larian symbol is being removed?

I am disappointed the item isn't being replaced with even an in-game digital bonus (the Engraving Tool, for instance, or some CE variant of the Kickstarter potion - something you already have that would require very little effort to use as a replacement). For the price of the CE to remain the same after an item is removed suggest the item had no cost or value associated with it, which is obviously not true.

addict
addict
-_- with a release supposed to be in less than 1 month, according to the fact that some CE will be delayed just because they need to change the back of the boxes, no, I assume they really don't have time to think about another goodie they could include (even a digital one).
Or at least not at the release, perhaps after...

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chaotica
-_- with a release supposed to be in less than 1 month, according to the fact that some CE will be delayed just because they need to change the back of the boxes, no, I assume they really don't have time to think about another goodie they could include (even a digital one).
Or at least not at the release, perhaps after...

Which is precisely why I suggested replacing the dice + bag with a bonus digital item that was already worked into the schedule and/or completed (like the Engraving Tool).

Kickstarter backers who chose anything below the $500 tier are already receiving more in the CE than was advertised during the pledge period, so there should be no complaints coming from that end. This is more for the benefit of everyone else who purchased the remaining 1500 CE's based on what was recently advertised.

From a "covering your bums" perspective, it's important to modify the boxes to remove listings of items that aren't actually included. But from that same perspective it is unnecessary to modify the box to add listings of items that are included but not advertised. Nobody is going to complain that the CE contains *more* than the box stated, after all. So, something can be safely added without having to change the box again.

Let's not forget that just a few short weeks ago a lot of Kickstarter backers complained that their reserved CE boxes were not "different enough" from the 1500 CE boxes set aside for the general public. rolleyes And now time/money is being spent to correct that "grave offense". So, for the sake of the general public interested in the remaining Collector Editions, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest the removed dice+bag be replaced with an existing digital reward since the price on the CE isn't changing with the reduction of content.

addict
addict
my point precisely that's why I think not at the release (because they still have a shitload of work blablabla) but perhaps later smile

as for the KS CE edition, well I was a bit surprised that they indeed complain, come on they have their own artbook -_-
But what Larian said is that PERHAPS they will add a "kickstarter logo" on the box, which IMO did not cost anything as the boxes were apparently barely in production...

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Gyson
I suspect it does, but does this also mean the dice carrying pouch with the Larian symbol is being removed?

I was wondering the same thing if they were a package deal from the manufacturer or there were two separate groups producing each piece. I got some dice so I can throw them in grin

veteran
veteran
I actually have a ridiculous number of dice and figured I could just use the pouch still to store the recipe cards in. smile

K
stranger
stranger
K
While it's a bit sad I'm not upset by the loss of the dice set.

I got an early access code as an apology, saying it will be active until the game launches. I guess I can keep all the in-game progress I've made once I upgrade it to the full edition when it comes out?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard