Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Why not go ahead and order the dice.. insert small note inside CE stating dice are delayed and to go to larian's site in july if you still want the dice and input mailing directions for dice to be mailed... maybe some won't go others will.. then sell off the leftovers.. win win for everyone.. don't have to change box packaging.. ppl that wanted dice will still get it but delayed.. don't have to delay CE.

Last edited by ynotndalton; 27/05/14 09:27 PM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
I agree, this could be a way out... But on the other hand it could also turn into a logistic nightmare...

Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by Elwyn
I agree, this could be a way out... But on the other hand it could also turn into a logistic nightmare...

If they just set up a page with fields for ppls mailing info and upc code or whatever from CE.. then send all them out at one time regular mail.. very cheap and because there isn't that many physical CE's being sold i don't think it would be that much of a problem.... because having the dice on the box and advertisements is worse imo.

veteran
veteran
For the sake of argument, let's assume all 3000 (?) people end up wanting their dice.

How much money are you figuring it will cost to send out 3000 sets of dice, particularly to people overseas? I can't imagine it would be trivial.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Yes, it sounds really easy in theory, but you never how it will turn out to be in reality:

Swen on Twtter a few days ago:

"This job sometimes?Just checked DHL - it seems after it arrived at Heathrow yesterday morning, it was then mistakenly sent to Uganda? "

Stefan - Fancy Exhiled Tormented WOOS today in the Kickstarter comments:

"No Dices? Was that the shipment to "Uganda"?"

Swen in the Kickstarter comments:

"No, that was the DVD we sent to PEGI to complete the age rating."

This was just to demonstrate what could possibly go wrong in reality hehe

(Btw, I am not saying that your proposed solution is not doable, I am just pointing out that Larian might have some logistic difficulties to pull it through)

Last edited by Elwyn; 27/05/14 09:43 PM.
Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by Elwyn
Yes, it sounds really easy in theory, but you never how it will turn out to be in reality:

Swen on Twtter a few days ago:

"This job sometimes?Just checked DHL - it seems after it arrived at Heathrow yesterday morning, it was then mistakenly sent to Uganda? "

Stefan - Fancy Exhiled Tormented WOOS today in the Kickstarter comments:

"No Dices? Was that the shipment to "Uganda"?"

Swen in the Kickstarter comments:

"No, that was the DVD we sent to PEGI to complete the age rating."

This was just to demonstrate what could possibly go wrong in reality hehe

(Btw, I am not saying that your proposed solution is not doable, I am just pointing out that Larian might have some logistic difficulties to pull it through)

True but its what i would do.. especially if i already had boxes and things printed showing the dice.. that seems much harder to "undo" than mailing dice later after release.

Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by Gyson
For the sake of argument, let's assume all 3000 (?) people end up wanting their dice.

How much money are you figuring it will cost to send out 3000 sets of dice, particularly to people overseas? I can't imagine it would be trivial.

Ya it was just an idea lol... its up to larian to know how hard it might be and whether they wanna do it or not. Maybe they already thought about that and decided no... who knows.. but any idea is better than no idea.

veteran
veteran
I would say this probably is not only a logistical nightmare (as stated before) but mostly very VERY cotstly.

Companyrates for shipping isn't the same for particulars afterall.

I would be more than happy with a high resolution pdf of the artbook instead of the dice. It is entirely doable and would fix the serious oversight of not having an artbook in the official CE at the same time.
C'mon Larian laugh

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Halcyon
I would be more than happy with a high resolution pdf of the artbook instead of the dice. It is entirely doable and would fix the serious oversight of not having an artbook in the official CE at the same time.
C'mon Larian laugh

The digital CE has that but not the physical CE.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
C'mon Larian laugh

Which is weird, because they said:

Originally Posted by Lar_q
People who get the retail collector's edition should have all the content that's in the digital collectors edition.

veteran
veteran
C'mon Larian laugh

People who get the retail collector's edition should have all the content that's in the digital collectors edition.

Well sure but does that really make sense? What are most gamers going to do with digital pictures of the playing cards or the stickers? Not much unless you happen to have a high quality printer with the cardboard to match and the task of cutting them would not be worth the bother. It'd probably cost more than buying these at retail separately. I suppose digital pictures of the alchemical cards would work because they don't do anything except provide us information that we can read off a computer screen just as well as off paper. Not to mention the now gone dice. So it's easy to see how quoting that statement of theirs is pointless and how they ultimately needed to find something else to give value to the Digital CE.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 31/05/14 09:59 PM.
veteran
veteran
C'mon Larian laugh

Well sure but does that really make sense? What are most gamers going to do with digital pictures of the playing cards or the stickers? Not much unless you happen to have a high quality printer with the cardboard to match and the task of cutting them would not be worth the bother. It'd probably cost more than buying these at retail separately. I suppose digital pictures of the alchemical cards would work because they don't do anything except provide us information that we can read off a computer screen just as well as off paper. Not to mention the now gone dice. So it's easy to see how quoting that statement of theirs is pointless and how they ultimately needed to find something else to give value to the Digital CE.

I think you read that backwards. He didn't say the digital CE should have all the content of the retail (physical) CE. He said the retail CE should have all the content of the digital CE.

In other words, if the digital CE has an artbook in PDF format, the physical CE should have an artbook in PDF format. It wasn't advertised as having one, though. Oversight? Or is the statement in the quote incorrect?

So it's easy to see how quoting that statement of theirs is pointless..

Do you really have to phrase it that way, by the way? Especially when it's obviously not pointless if you don't read it backwards. wink The quote actually creates a perfectly legitimate question.

veteran
veteran

I think you read that backwards. He didn't say the digital CE should have all the content of the retail (physical) CE. He said the retail CE should have all the content of the digital CE.

In other words, if the digital CE has an artbook in PDF format, the physical CE should have an artbook in PDF format. It wasn't advertised as having one, though. Oversight? Or is the statement in the quote incorrect?

So it's easy to see how quoting that statement of theirs is pointless..

Do you really have to phrase it that way, by the way? Especially when it's obviously not pointless if you don't read it backwards. wink The quote actually creates a perfectly legitimate question.

And that would make the digital CE pointless and not much of a CE at all since the meat of the physical CE is physical stuff. I definitely see why they need to add more to the digital. The original games are nice and all but the core Larian fanbase, and the ones most likely to buy CE has them, the trunks and chalice are cool but very minor items....nowhere near enough to call a base version of the game with only these as a "CE". Seriously, this should be insanely obvious....I'm surprised you're even bringing up the concept of a digital CE that would literally have almost nothing besides the base game. Nobody should have to break this down into 1+1=2. The physical CE has two decks of cards full of special artwork.

I'll repeat: So it's easy to see how quoting that statement of theirs is pointless and how they ultimately needed to find something else to give value to the Digital CE.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 01/06/14 12:05 AM.
veteran
veteran
Well, if the digitial CE has the .pdf I would pretty much assume it's on the disk of the physical CE. Why wouldn't it be?

It isn't actually part of the physical package and thus didn't need to be listed... not all digital goodies on a disk gets spread out...

EDIT:
As for 'value of the digital CE' I would just assume it's going to be cheaper (not to mention no shipping costs) rather than having "replacements" to make up for physical content, since then you just get a trouble with people going "Why does my CE not have what their CE have"...

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 03/06/14 12:04 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard