Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#496962 27/05/14 09:43 PM
Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Whats gonna be included in the digital CE.

ynotndalton #496966 27/05/14 09:53 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ynotndalton

Nothing official has been announced about the digital CE besides the fact there will be one and SEA buyers will have an option to upgrade to it. So for now you can't do much besides wait.

Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

Nothing official has been announced about the digital CE besides the fact there will be one and SEA buyers will have an option to upgrade to it. So for now you can't do much besides wait.

I feel ya.. a nice high rez digital map would be awesome lol.. in place of the cloth map.
And the second key to the game for co op
Also digital copies of divine divinity and beyond divinity .. and all the dlc .. only thing missing would be the cards and dice really.

ynotndalton #496968 27/05/14 09:58 PM
veteran
veteran
Well the dice are gone anyway, due to the manufacturer being unable to manufacture them on time none of the CEs will have dice anymore.

ynotndalton #496969 27/05/14 10:03 PM
veteran
veteran
Well, they specifically said the physical CE would have everything that the digital CE would have.. so, you can expect the latter not to have anything extra beyond what the physical CE has. No exclusive digital deluxe rewards, in other words.

Maybe the price will be lower since it lacks physical items, but that's just me speculating.

Gyson #496970 27/05/14 10:08 PM
Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by Gyson
Well, they specifically said the physical CE would have everything that the digital CE would have.. so, you can expect the latter not to have anything extra beyond what the physical CE has. No exclusive digital deluxe rewards, in other words.

Maybe the price will be lower since it lacks physical items, but that's just me speculating.

i was thinking the same thing... the physical is 100 right .. maybe 70 for digital version

ynotndalton #496981 28/05/14 12:25 AM
addict
addict
physical CE is 70€ actually

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
ynotndalton #496983 28/05/14 12:31 AM
addict
addict
Whoa, that's a lot extra for a few extra things. How much digital stuff are they adding anyway? I already have the prior games.

The only thing in the CE that interests me at all is this:

A pair of DLC items

But I have no idea what those are, but I'm sure they are not worth an extra $30 or whatever. I can buy a good game for that much.

Last edited by LeBurns; 28/05/14 12:34 AM.
Chaotica #496984 28/05/14 12:49 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chaotica

He was talking U.S. currency, I believe.. It's about $95.

LeBurns #497002 28/05/14 02:05 AM
Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Whoa, that's a lot extra for a few extra things. How much digital stuff are they adding anyway? I already have the prior games.

A pair of DLC items

But I have no idea what those are, but I'm sure they are not worth an extra $30 or whatever. I can buy a good game for that much.

This is a good game

Gyson #497059 28/05/14 11:34 AM
addict
addict

Oh my bad then (hmmmm, uncommon not to have the 1€ = 1$ which is a standard in video game industry...)

as for the CE, if you're only interested in digital reward wait a bit for the digital collector upgrade which would contain only the DLC for a lower price

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Chaotica #497081 28/05/14 01:09 PM
Y
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Y

Oh my bad then (hmmmm, uncommon not to have the 1€ = 1$ which is a standard in video game industry...)

as for the CE, if you're only interested in digital reward wait a bit for the digital collector upgrade which would contain only the DLC for a lower price

Thats what this whole thread is about the digital CE

ynotndalton #497115 28/05/14 03:40 PM
addict
addict
yes indeed but people seems to think that the digital CE would cost the same than the physical CE (which, IMO is not true) so if you wanna make an assumption, you should base your hypothesis on what is already known : the price of the physical CE. So I just stated that as they are only interested in DLC, they should indeed wait for the digital CE which will be LESS EXPENSIVE than the physical one so may be the DLC worth the extra price in this case

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

ynotndalton #497134 28/05/14 05:45 PM
addict
addict

A pair of DLC items

This is a good game

I'm sure it is (or I wouldn't be here), but how much more should I pay for just a Golden Grail and some Epic trunks of intelligence? I already have the older games and I don't need another copy of DOS. Obviously the physical items won't be included, so there just isn't much there for the extra cost for me. Still I'll wait to see exactly what the digital CE will include, and what it will cost.

LeBurns #497136 28/05/14 06:15 PM
veteran
veteran

A pair of DLC items

This is a good game

I'm sure it is (or I wouldn't be here), but how much more should I pay for just a Golden Grail and some Epic trunks of intelligence? I already have the older games and I don't need another copy of DOS. Obviously the physical items won't be included, so there just isn't much there for the extra cost for me. Still I'll wait to see exactly what the digital CE will include, and what it will cost.

I can sympathize. I do wish the selling part of the game had been handled a bit better. More options here would have always been nicer; I don't think anyone should ever be made to feel they should have to purchase a game twice just to get their preferred edition (especially if we assume people joined in on SEA to help with the alpha/beta rather than just being impatient).

If people could return their Steam versions and just get the physical CE, they very well might (and probably would since the CE comes with Steam keys). Unfortunately (as we all know) that almost never seems to be an option for any Steam purchase. Hopefully the digital CE upgrade option will be reasonably priced, seeing as 1) SEA users have already invested $40 and 2) it lacks physical items and 3) apparently won't include any additional digital content that isn't in the physical CE.

ynotndalton #497357 29/05/14 05:24 PM
veteran
veteran
So, Steam has the Digital CE up. $70, includes two copies of Divinity: Original Sin, the Source Hunter DLC pack, plus Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity.

The Source Hunter DLC pack is available for $10, and it unlocks Divinity Original Sin: The Golden Grail DLC, Divinity Original Sin: Zandalor's Trunks DLC, Divinity: Original Sin Design Documents and Art Pack, and Soundtrack. This appears to be the "upgrade" solution for SEA backers.

So, going the "upgrade" path instead of buying a digital or physical CE will result in less stuff, but a lower total cost of $50. There doesn't seem to be a way to upgrade to the $70 digital package.

I'm a little confused by the "Divinity : OS Design Documents and Art Pack", as that is not included in the physical CE.

Gyson #497359 29/05/14 05:28 PM
addict
addict
So, Steam has the Digital CE up. $70, includes two copies of Divinity: Original Sin, the Source Hunter DLC pack, plus Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity.

The Source Hunter DLC pack is available for $10, and it unlocks Divinity Original Sin: The Golden Grail DLC, Divinity Original Sin: Zandalor's Trunks DLC, Divinity: Original Sin Design Documents and Art Pack, and Soundtrack. This appears to be the "upgrade" solution for SEA backers.

So, going the "upgrade" path instead of buying a digital or physical CE will result in less stuff, but a lower total cost of $50. There doesn't seem to be a way to upgrade to the $70 digital package.

I'm a little confused by the "Divinity : OS Design Documents and Art Pack", as that is not included in the physical CE.

Thanks for the info. I suppose the design docs are to take the place of the physical stuff, but I thought they said there wouldn't be unique stuff in the digital CE?

Well, if that's it then I may as well just get the regular edition. I can't image the other stuff being worth the extra cost when I don't need the extra games.

ynotndalton #497387 29/05/14 08:53 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hello Larian! Just wanted to buy Digital CE of D:OS on Steam,but it says that I have already bought D:OS, and there one option remains to buy as present.Could you tell me can I and others like me upgrade D:OS to D;OS Digital CE version?

Edit:I can buy Source Hunter Pack DLC,but I need namely Digital CE because I want to gift the second copy of D:OS to my friend-)

EDIT2:Forgot to mention I bought Divinity Anthology when it was available .Thus I have copy of Divine divinity,Beyond Divinity, Divinity 2 DevCut,D:OS gold grail DLC and and now I have D:OS Early Access version
I also sent my letter to Support
Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by James 540; 29/05/14 09:46 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
ynotndalton #497388 29/05/14 08:56 PM
veteran
veteran
Well they're not unique, not if you count the KS backers. The lowest physical tier to include the Design Docs and Artbook is $75(USD) while the lowest digital tier to include them is $100(USD).

ynotndalton #497396 29/05/14 09:55 PM
stranger
stranger
Imo there should be a upgrade tier for people who bought into the Alpha/Beta since they have the base game. Having us paying the difference shouldn't be that hard really. I mean having to pay $70 even tho I already spent $39.99 kinda sux.

I don't make a lot of $ so I have to be careful what I invest my $ in and D:OS was and still is the bet option. I just hope the $29.99 upgrade option comes around so I can keep investing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard