Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Alrighty then~ I am seeing a lot of nitpicking and just shredding the game system apart. As one of the I guess 5% who love the game as is..I think we as a community can help Larian in this stressful time. Right now they are on the hard part..and I am sure reading tons of nitpicks an hate about the game does not help.

SO! since most of my fun is making mods. (Skyrim I spent maybe 36 hours of actual play..but over 200+ hours making mods o.o)

Post requests for basic game altering mods here. Since we are getting a toolkit we can just mod whatever. If other modders want to step up and help out with requests that would be great!

Below is a list of mods I have compiled from reading some posts on the forums. (No spazzing out over what is listed, these are mods and not enforced for use...even if I do not personally agree with them. I will still give them a shot on making them.)

- More low level spells and variations. Add range to witchcraft spells.

- Changes to Spell damage.

- Remove the bush from sneaking.

- Shields that do not require block skill.

- Change Staff basic spell to scale with telekinesis or lore.

- Variations of difficulty increases (enemy buffs, Loot removal).

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
I don't think some of these issues are just design and things we "want".. i think many are balancing and bugs and thats what the forum is for right now... i don't think its nitpicking really. But ya i like your idea as well but i would wait until game is complete as these requests might not make any sense in final game.

addict
addict
More gathering skills.
More crafting skills.
Deeper crafting system (convo based ? I don't know yet)
Random gathering results
Random crafting results based on skills, in a more obvious way than now.
Random spawns and respawns area for some mobs and ressources (respawnable game/herbs/shrooms in forest, respawnable fishing spots near water, respawnable elemental metal vein on death, and so on).
Crafter/gatherers guild.
"Make sense" loot.
Skills, from novice to legendary, with legendary skill offering distinct benefits.

Could be some requests, but at least that is what I will be focusing on at first.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Cromcrom you silly hehe, I said simple requests! but~ the random spawn and respawns I can most likely do.

The skills I think would tie into the More magic spells one, I could also try and add in some warrior and archer type things.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by ynotndalton
I don't think some of these issues are just design and things we "want".. i think many are balancing and bugs and thats what the forum is for right now... i don't think its nitpicking really. But ya i like your idea as well but i would wait until game is complete as these requests might not make any sense in final game.

Some of it is feedback a very small percent. Most of it is personal needs for their own view on what the game should be.

This is where modders come in, making mods/changes players need for their "personal" game.

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
A mod to revert the game back to skill point based instead of level based lol if they don't do it.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Now that one should be easy enough ^^ but I think they are already working on that.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I think ynotndalton covered it, but yeah, I would love to see (if they don't revert it themselves) the game back to the old skill system. Right now I'm playing in the old version after having disliked the new one.

Another good mod would just be in general to add a bunch of new skins for the characters at creation. To help with deeper customization. I'm sure we can agree that it's a little... lacking atm.

Don't forget to add a Godmode mod for players who literally want to breeze through the combat so they can enjoy purely the storyline! I think that could be achieved easily by just giving 999 attribute,skill and talent pts

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
well the skins is more of a graphic artists area. I am not to good with textures >< but would love some cuter softer female faces!

the godmode...I guess I could do it o.o but that kinda makes playing the game pointless.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I kinda disagree, but yes it would be significantly less fun for some other people. Though, sometimes when you lose really badly in like LoL or DOTA, you need somewhere to rage on and get a confidence booster for your next match haha.

Like with kingdom hearts 1-2 I'm not such a fan of the combat. But most people agree the storyline is absolutely beautiful. Hence why I play it. So making it so you can simply breeze through combat to play the storyline is one way to achieve getting just the story. Also, the "Godmode" can be beneficial in other ways, for instance, exploring everything, doing everything, 100% for the purposes of informing the community and making guides. Crafting guides, Blacksmithing, and etc. Godmode would help expedite this pretty fast.

I also want some softer faces for Females, AND Males too. IDK if you have noticed, but all the males are super masculine as hell. And this kinda bugs me. I'm gay, and i feel like i gotta play a female because the guy looks so macho and I don't want to be macho; i wanna be on the softer side.

Last edited by Chrislafeken; 29/05/14 01:18 AM.
J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Chrislafeken
I kinda disagree, but yes it would be significantly less fun for some other people. Though, sometimes when you lose really badly in like LoL or DOTA, you need somewhere to rage on and get a confidence booster for your next match haha.

Like with kingdom hearts 1-2 I'm not such a fan of the combat. But most people agree the storyline is absolutely beautiful. Hence why I play it. So making it so you can simply breeze through combat to play the storyline is one way to achieve getting just the story. Also, the "Godmode" can be beneficial in other ways, for instance, exploring everything, doing everything, 100% for the purposes of informing the community and making guides. Crafting guides, Blacksmithing, and etc. Godmode would help expedite this pretty fast.

I also want some softer faces for Females, AND Males too. IDK if you have noticed, but all the males are super masculine as hell. And this kinda bugs me. I'm gay, and i feel like i gotta play a female because the guy looks so macho and I don't want to be macho; i wanna be on the softer side.

Well then amigo I think you'd be looking for a more svelte male, not just in the face. As it is, the male character model is a broad shouldered, typical fantasy male. And the female fills your typical slender, attractive lady (though some of them faces leave something to be desired!). Pardon me for perhaps projecting a bit, but I think you're looking for something more than just a "feminine" face on the male. You'd like to have a body type that isn't so muscular. Maybe something along the lines of a swashbuckling pirate type build. Slender, not overly masculine, toned, and definitely agile.

Additionally, there will be an easy difficulty setting that should allow you to play for the story. Don't be ashamed to play on that setting, as we are all looking for different things out of a game. A developer has to balance all these differing views and I think that would be extremely difficult.

I'm actually curious as to how much of the main campaign will be open to editing. I've not been around too long, but is Lariat going to leave it completely open so modders can do what they will to it?

I do very much look forward to community mods and campaigns. That will be something that can keep this game going strong for a very long time.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
hey JoeBart ~ from my understanding the game as a whole is fully modable~ just like Skyrim.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by Ellary
hey JoeBart ~ from my understanding the game as a whole is fully modable~ just like Skyrim.

Thanks Ellary, I've done virtually no research on the modding aspect of this game. I was really drawn in my the "Baldurs Gate" esque gameplay.

I'm actually very excited that the main campaign will likely be fully moddable. I think we all know how delightful Skyrim could be with all the mods, and I really have high hopes D:OS can fall into the same vein. The foundation for this game is excellent, and it really has the pedigree to be a classic.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Oh I agree! Larian made a smart move letting players do mods. This ensures the replay value is truly unlimited.

I just hope the toolkit is strong enough where I can add in maps and homes n such for my darker world mod.

EDIT: If there are any animators floating around the forums, would love to get some help with a mod I wish to make..really want to make Bard/Song abilities.

Last edited by Ellary; 29/05/14 06:12 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard